Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

1 setup for most tracks just like every other F1 game

blackMamba99blackMamba99 Member New Car Smell

aero, 3-1

brakes, 49-51, high pressure, standard disc

balance, 3-11

suspension, height 11-1, stiff 1-11

gears maximum to right

camber maximum to left

toe maximum to right

works on every track except Albert park, Nurburgring, Monaco :) and the times are fast, 1.46 at spa, 1.20 Monza, 1.33 sepang, 1.31 bahrain

trolled everyday by REVOLVINGPRAWN/GOLDENCOLT/PETETHEDUCK/MIKE96/IMRITEURRONG74

Comments

• SpartanDowneySpartanDowney Member New Car Smell
    What is a good setup to reduce tyre wear while still getting decent straight line speed? I have setups for tyre wear and speed already but can't find on ethat accommodates both really well.
  • blackMamba99blackMamba99 Member New Car Smell

i have tested this a lot, the setup doesn't change the tyre wear too much. what does is your driving style. don't wheelspin or slide the car and don't use kers when the car is laterally loaded wait until going in a straight line.

trolled everyday by REVOLVINGPRAWN/GOLDENCOLT/PETETHEDUCK/MIKE96/IMRITEURRONG74
  • TMDolTMDol Member New Car Smell

What is a good setup to reduce tyre wear while still getting decent straight line speed? I have setups for tyre wear and speed already but can't find on ethat accommodates both really well.
    I'm almost convinced that setups alone simply do not affect tyre wear, or if they do it's negligible. I spent hours and hours testing only to find out nothing. Instead I focus on a fast setup that allows nice smooth driving. This smooth driving is the key to tyre saving, although on some tracks such as China its really difficult. In fact China is the only track I didn't win at in Career mode over 5 seasons.
  • OGFedfanOGFedfan Member Wheel Nut

China has the fastest AI.  Every year there is a track or two that the AI fly on. 

I also agree that tire camber changes don't seem to affect the wear much if any.  Maybe something we'll see in 2014?

• MrSave07MrSave07 Member Unleaded
    Thanks man,just reduce a little the gears and its perfect to Alber Park

• haasgaetano79haasgaetano79 Member New Car Smell
    “1 set up works for EVERY TRACK”...goes on to list 3 that it doesnt lol...and while u can get away with the same setup for every track(alot of tracks are built similarly) if u want to maximize your performace u better have unique set ups for every track