Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Liveries editor on console version

WygoninWygonin Member New Car Smell

Something like in Forza. Everyone could paint their cars as he wants. We could do original, classic liveries. There should be a liveries market. Everyone could sell his liveries for in game credits to other players like in forza. PC gamers can download liveries from the scene. Console gamers don’t have that possibilities.

Do you want livery editor on console version?

Liveries editor on console version 38 votes

Yes
89% 34 votes
no
10% 4 votes

Comments

• KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    I would like to have that feature, but some manufacturers wouldn't. Noticed how the citroen C4 only has plain colors? Or that any audi only has one avalable livery? One sollution is that it could be avalable to certain cars that the manufacturers have given permission to allow the use of a livery editor on.

If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • crimsonncrimsonn Member New Car Smell

Dear Codemasters!

Please IN-GAME LIVERY EDITOR / PS4
  • AyrtJ97AyrtJ97 Member New Car Smell

It would be great, and I think that out of Volkswagen, Citroën and Audi, the rest of manufacturers don’t have any problem (or so I hope).

I would prefer to create the liveries with Photoshop and then, to have a feature that allows me to export it to the game and use it on my console, but an in-game editor would be great as well.

• DraveDrave Member New Car Smell
    Some people seem to imagine that Forza is a silly little arcade game; you have to suspect they have never even played it.

Forza 6 is a highly complex and competent product which manages to  appeal to all abilities because of the huge flexibility of the options one can choose to use or switch off

One of the great boons of the Forza product, which definitely extends the life of the game for very many people, is the ability to create ones own liveries and stickers/logos. Paint you own cars, wheels etc... and also to take pictures and video within the game.

It is not unusual for me to spend 2 or 3 hours or even longer creating a full livery, I can then spend a couple of hours taking pictures of it and other cars.

In this Dirt Rally game you can drive or not. 6 locations and a few stages, one hill climb and a  Rally X set to 'stupid hard' ... this will get old quick for very many people imo

One of the great ideas about GTA was that people could build the character... same goes for liveries/pictures/video in Forza

I have no idea why this is not available in every driving game. If Forza can supply me with c.500 cars, 25 track locations and 100+ tracks, personal livery application and design, photo and video, all with still what is the best quality graphics on XBox One by far... what is stopping everyone else?

It might also be worth pointing out, the customer base on console is different to those on PC....

The mentally challenged have an IQ around recommended Fahrenheit room temperature. Easily found by those who do not know it.
  • DeadmanDiscipleDeadmanDisciple Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2016
    I have made custom liveries here & there in Forza 6, with My Nigel Mansell Indycar livery selling like hotcakes.

So a livery creator in Dirt Rally would be awesome, its a shame to see some of the cars missing those essential WRC liveries like:-

2001 Martini/Telefonica Ford Focus (Mcrae & Sainz)
    2014 Hyundai WRC official livery.
    2008 Citroen C4 Solberg/official citroen livery
    Lancia Martini & Italia liveries....just to name a few

As there are dedications to Colin Mcrae in the game, its a shame they didnt include all of his various team (he drove for) liveries.

My son has the PC version & has all those livery mods.

Shame we cant import em via a usb stick.

Oh well, nvm.
  • SubiesauceSubiesauce Member Unleaded
    Drave said:
    Some people seem to imagine that Forza is a silly little arcade game; you have to suspect they have never even played it.

Forza 6 is a highly complex and competent product which manages to  appeal to all abilities because of the huge flexibility of the options one can choose to use or switch off

One of the great boons of the Forza product, which definitely extends the life of the game for very many people, is the ability to create ones own liveries and stickers/logos. Paint you own cars, wheels etc... and also to take pictures and video within the game.

It is not unusual for me to spend 2 or 3 hours or even longer creating a full livery, I can then spend a couple of hours taking pictures of it and other cars.

In this Dirt Rally game you can drive or not. 6 locations and a few stages, one hill climb and a  Rally X set to 'stupid hard' ... this will get old quick for very many people imo

One of the great ideas about GTA was that people could build the character... same goes for liveries/pictures/video in Forza

I have no idea why this is not available in every driving game. If Forza can supply me with c.500 cars, 25 track locations and 100+ tracks, personal livery application and design, photo and video, all with still what is the best quality graphics on XBox One by far... what is stopping everyone else?

It might also be worth pointing out, the customer base on console is different to those on PC....

This game is not for you..
  • PhilVheePhilVhee Member New Car Smell
    Design customization is very important to personnalise cars, I want to creat my own team, it will be most immersive !
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    I have made custom liveries here & there in Forza 6, with My Nigel Mansell Indycar livery selling like hotcakes.

So a livery creator in Dirt Rally would be awesome, its a shame to see some of the cars missing those essential WRC liveries like:-

As there are dedications to Colin Mcrae in the game, its a shame they didnt include all of his various team (he drove for) liveries.

Oh well, nvm.
    Would you like this game to be rated 18+?
  • PhilVheePhilVhee Member New Car Smell
    Who respect 18+ ? It's not a problem for the gamers B)
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    edited December 2016
    versedi said:

Oh well, nvm.
    Would you like this game to be rated 18+?
    Theoretically it is for the revenue, so it is for the budget, so it is for us.
    Not to mention more cost in advertising, etc.
  • Occiverdi70Occiverdi70 Member New Car Smell
    Wygonin said:

Something like in Forza. Everyone could paint their cars as he wants. We could do original, classic liveries. There should be a liveries market. Everyone could sell his liveries for in game credits to other players like in forza. PC gamers can download liveries from the scene. Console gamers don’t have that possibilities.

Do you want livery editor on console version?

I also need to mention the reason some people want the option for livery adjustments is to brand ones self.  For instance. I'm in marketing and when I played forza years ago, I created skins that had my brand so no matter what car I was racing. People started to know it was me. I essentially created a brand using specific colours, my own logo etc. It goes way beyond just adding lines and changing colours. So code masters. Please reconsider making a livery editor. It goes beyond just adjusting colours for some people. It's our mark. :)