Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

more force feed back on T300 on ps4 please

SolidasmatSolidasmat Member New Car Smell
sorry for my english i am french. i played some hours with a T300 wheel on ps4 and the force feed back is too light even with a strong setup. i felt that all the car has a good reaction on the road and the T300 react perfectly but it needs just more strengh in its reaction. just test a car on asphalt with this configuration T300+ps4 and you will see. exept this point this game is just awesome. thanks for all hoping being read. 

more force feed back on T300 on ps4 please 55 votes

do you agree?
90%
gigiotto59MLT24BigsurDangerousdriverDanijuiacarpamarkrippdiguvivinceps34DanielFlandersRTummie555Kotamakithegt500Stevie1464danjbirchmadwakScape1980JohnMcBainTony79JacobsJa 50 votes
do you disagree?
9%
Stevie777SpaceMachineDirtyDubsHoopdriverNigelJamesCheke 5 votes

Comments

• DanielFlandersRDanielFlandersR Member Unleaded
    do you agree?
    I agree what's the deal with the Force Feedback it's horrible.
  • markrippmarkripp Member Unleaded
    do you agree?
    Yes it's far to weak i've tried the  T300 & T150 it's not what i was expecting especially compared to pcars FFB Hopefully something will be done about it .
    do you agree?
    So is it the PS4 version or is it a thrustmaster thing? I'm tempted to pickup another copy for my Xbone as well since they are identical on both systems.
  • Tummie555Tummie555 Member Unleaded
    edited May 2016
    do you agree?
    I agree for asphalt I feel next to nothing. But.... i am sorry to say, in general I get pretty good ffb from t300rs with 599xxEvo wheel in finland and wales....got everything on 110% to match the big rumble from the buttkicker.
    Post edited by Tummie555 on
    do you agree?
    Tummie555 said:
    I agree for asphalt it feels a lot lighter. But.... i am sorry to say, in general I get pretty good ffb from t300rs with 599xxEvo wheel...got everything on 110% to match the big rumble from the buttkicker. 

Wow that's crazy I'm at 150 percent and it's nowhere near as good as PC Cars FF or even Forza 6. I  AB'd it against the Sebastian Loeb Rally and SL was superior as far as the FF goes. It makes me wonder if it's a PS4 thing because Inside Sim reviewed the Xbone version and they said it was the best FF of any console they have tried.

• thegt500thegt500 Member New Car Smell
    do you agree?
    Well, I think the poll results speak for themselves !
    I've only managed about 2 hours of play as yet, and apart from calibrating my T300RS, all other FFB settings are default. The feeling is dead and lifeless in the straight ahead position with little in the way of feel over crests, dips and kerbs ! Even dropping a wheel into a ditch doesn't cause any pull or drag ?
    I'm hoping a patch for PS4 is being worked on and released ASAP ? The game itself is great, I had a good few rallycross races last night with some friends, but the lack of feel was detracting. 
    do you agree?
    So it's the PS4 version that has the Force Feedback issue. I can't believe they released it like this. I picked up the Xbox One version and it's superior some of the best FFB as good or better than anything out there. Thank God I bought an Xbox One to play Forza 6. I can feel every little bump and nuance in the road. It's incredibly strong and responsive on the Xbox One version. No setting will be even close to being as good as the Xbox one version it needs a major patch now. 
  • madwakmadwak Member Wheel Nut
    do you agree?
    It must be a PS4 thing, I've got everything turned up to max and I'm getting no resistance at all from the road surface. It feels like I'm driving on ice ! After trawling through all the reviews whilst waiting for the release of this game on ps4 I hadn't heard anyone mention how poor the ffb was apart from the counter steering problem which has now been fixed, so imagine my surprise when I loaded up the game and tried it ****.  I was so disappointed after coming off Pcars that I put dirt rally back in the box and was getting ready to trade it in until I found this discussion - please patch it ASAP codemasters.
    do you agree?
    I compared them both and after playing the Xbone version my arms are actually sore from the stock FFB settings. I'm going have to drop them down to 60 percent. On the PS4 I was at 150 percent and it was very weak and I could really feel no road feedback.
    do you agree?
    I'm so glad to hear that mate, there must be a problem on the ps4 then? Mines back in the box until I see they've released a patch as it's just no fun to drive.
  • SpaceMachineSpaceMachine Member New Car Smell
    do you disagree?
    Sorry to play devil's advocate here, but I played Dirt Rally last night for around 3 hours with a T150 in cockpit view - all assists and GUI off, profile set to Thrustmaster and lock-to-lock on the wheel (hardware) set to 3 flashes - whatever degree of rotation that might be. I raced Minis, Cossies, Lancias and Scoobies over stages and rallycross. Loved it. A much more convincing sensation compared to Project Cars in my opinion. Weight transfer is incredibly accurate.

Maybe try changing the hardware's degree of rotation?

For the record, I have experience of rally stages and off-roading in real life.

I'm not saying it's perfect - I have a few issues with some other areas. But overall I think that the weight, accuracy and feedback of the steering input through a T150 is very good indeed.
    edited April 2016
    do you agree?
    So I tested Spacemachine advice, setting the wheel to 540 degrees (modebutton+right on dpad until 3 flashes) and maybe it's just my imagination,  but there seems a little bit more ffb. It feels like they distribute the ffb evenly over the range. So the lower the steering degrees, the more packed feedback. (N.B. I never really had a problem with the ffb anyway.)  BUT!!!! 540 is clearly the best setting for Dirt Rally, way easier to drive the car, way more rally feeling. Just "soft locking" isn't giving the same effect. Set it on the wheel. 
    Post edited by Tummie555 on
  • jokingaurajokingaura Member New Car Smell
    I played all last night and found the Thrustmaster profile to be great. I don't like the wheel wrenched from my hand and this setting gave me quite a bit of detail. I am using the T300RS in 1080 mode with soft lock turned on. I also played with the sliders and was able to increase the strength considerably. I will play with it tonight and post my settings to see if it helps anyone. 
  • SpaceMachineSpaceMachine Member New Car Smell
    do you disagree?
    Tummie555 said:
    So I tested Spacemachine advice, ... and maybe it's just my imagination,  but there seems a little bit more ffb. ... BUT!!!! 540 is clearly the best setting for Dirt Rally, way easier to drive the car, way more rally feeling.
    It's not just your imagination  B)

I'll be taking delivery of a G29 at the weekend, so will let you know how that compares...
    do you agree?
    Hi, SpaceMachine, Tummie555,  jokinaura are you on ps4 or Xbox?
    do you agree?
    Those profiles everyone keeps talking about... they are just for setting the buttons right? Nothing to do with ffb as far I've noticed...

@madwak: Ps4
    Tummie555 said:
    Those profiles everyone keeps talking about... they are just for setting the buttons right? Nothing to do with ffb as far I've noticed...

@madwak: Ps4
    I am playing on PS4. The game provides presets for the force feedback for the major manufacturers: Thrustmaster, Fanatec, etc. You can select this preset and it will override the force feedback settings in the advanced set up. The Thrustmaster profile is good enough for me. I went down this rabbit hole before with Project Cars and I refuse to endlessly tweak my FFB settings again.
    do you agree?
    Hahaha, unfortunately I know exactly what you mean... more tweaking than racing.  :s  ;)  didn't know the ffb setting was also factory preset by thrustmaster. 
    Tummie555 said:
    Hahaha, unfortunately I know exactly what you mean... more tweaking than racing.  :s  ;)  didn't know the ffb setting was also factory preset by thrustmaster. 
    I don't think it is a factory preset by Thrustmaster. I think codemasters provides presets for supported wheels. If I remember correctly you can load the presets by going to the advanced wheel options and the bottom gives you an option to load a profile.