Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.1

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters, F1MR testers Community Manager

PC players, welcome to DiRT Rally 1.1 – the new content is unbelievably good fun, so we hope you love and enjoy it.

And surprise! I know you were all expecting the console launch and new content today - but were you expecting CREST, our new telemetry tool?

That’s right - the Codemasters RaceNet Evaluation and Statistics Tool is now live and available on dirtgame.com! PS4 and Xbox One players will be able to access it through the website immediately, whereas PC players will need the latest patch to play with it. However, we’re delighted to finally let you get your hands on it! It’s very cool – so let us tell you a little more about what it offers.

First of all, you’re going to want to know where to access it! Head to dirtgame.com, log into your RaceNet account, and click through to the Dailies data. We’ll be supporting Daily 1 and Daily 2 to begin with, so make sure you get competing in those to make the most out of your new data sets.

When you arrive there, you’ll have a new button under the Leaderboard header – ‘View Telemetry using CREST’. Using this, you can compare your ghost to the fastest time’s ghost – and that comparison covers a range of different inputs and information, including: sector times, racing line, braking, acceleration, speed, and even which gear you’re taking the corner in.

Giving you live feedback from a top-down aerial view, you’ll be able to slow down time and analyse your performance corner by corner. You can choose to have the tracker follow your cars around the map, or you can control your view manually – choosing to focus on particular segments or corners of track.

You’ll also be able to sort users by assists and input – so if you’re starting off with assists and a pad, you’ll be able to gauge your performance against people in the same boat. And, by the same token, if you’re using a wheel without any assists, then you’ll be able to measure yourself against the fastest of your field. Honestly, we could talk about it all day – but the best thing to do is download the patch and see it for yourselves. It holds some incredible data, and the insight it offers should really help you perfect your driving styles.

Oh, and did we mention it’s available and accessible via mobile too? Yes – now you’ll be able to check out your performance on your phone too. Although, mobile access does come with a caution: be prepared for lots of refreshing and it taking over your life. ;)

Of course, with V1.1 comes a whole host of tweaks and fixes – so here are the patch notes:

·        Game – A stock engineer team are now used in the Service area for Online Events to prevent some players gaining an advantage. This will also occur in Leagues depending on the settings used.

·        UI Fix – Users are now instantly informed and moved onto the next run if they unfortunately Terminally damage their vehicle on the start line of a Hillclimb event.

·        Achievement Fix – “I am the 5%” unlocking criteria has now been made clearer.

·        Online Fix – When a player enters the pause menu, their vehicle will now instantly ghost.

·        UI Fix – Controller disconnection message is now always showing on top of whichever screen you are on at that time.

·        Game Fix – Solved an issue when the option to apply the first perk to your Crew Chief was not showing.

·        AI Fix – In a Hillclimb event, the AI drivers will now place correctly if they Terminally Damage in their second run.

·        Online – Players no longer receive a Clean Race / Appearance bonus if they retire from the event early.

·        Game Fix – Fixed an issue where a player takes 2 joker laps in a row and then their 2nd Joker lap icon disappears due to the AI driver entering the Joker lap.

·        Vehicles - The threshold for punctures has been increased, making the tyres more resistant to punctures on landings.

·        Controls – Players can no longer accidently unbind ‘Gear Up’ and ‘Gear Down’ controls when re-assigning buttons if they have their preferential transmission set as Automatic.

·        COMMUNITY – Car Damage – Car parts will no longer clip through the Lancia Stratos cockpit when damaged.

·        COMMUNITY – Animations – Drivers are now shifting correctly when using either of the F2 Kit Cars.

·        COMMUNITY – Online Event – Some cars reported by the community should no longer gain an increase in performance after damaging their car exhaust.

·        COMMUNITY – Reset Lines  - Some reset lines around the tight hairpins on the Monte carlo stage, Route de Turini, have been replaced.

·        Audio – Co-driver calls issues for Sweden have been fixed and minor adjustments to other locations.

·        Graphics – Corrected an issue where the wrong car kickup VFX was incorrectly being used after completing a stage in Greece.

·        Graphics – Crowd members in Sweden are now correctly dressed at all times.

·        Exploit – Possible shortcut on the German stage Flugzeugring has been removed.

·        Exploit – Users should now no longer have a second try at a daily event after quitting out via ALT+F4.

·        Graphics – Lighting issues should now be resolved when using a system with 3+ graphics cards in use.

·        Controllers – After using a racing wheel with H pattern transmission in game, upon rebooting and using a controller, the title will now recognise the change and change the transmission type accordingly.

·        Replays – Car reset points are now the same when viewing a replay as they are in game, removing the possibility of collision issues when watching a replay in slow motion.

·        Game – Custom Events now use a stock Team of engineers in the service area at all times.

·        Game – Hillclimb – AI drivers who terminally damage in their 2nd run will now be correctly placed in the final results screen.

·        Controller – Issue where the players controller will continuously rumble during the pre-race sequence for a rallycross event no longer occurs.

·        Leaderboards – Players who use a non-standard character as the first letter of their driver name will now be shown correctly in an events leaderboard.

·        Controls – Gear up/ Gear down can now be assigned controls when the user has set their transmission type to automatic.

Finally, thank you so much for sticking with us on this wild, twisty, ride that is DiRT Rally. Your honest feedback, enthusiasm and engagement with us and the game has been utterly wonderful  - and we can’t thank you enough. You’ve helped make the game what it is today, and for that, we’re truly grateful. And now today’s arrived, we can’t wait to share it with the world.

Comments

• TheFlyingTugaTheFlyingTuga Member Wheel Nut
    edited April 2016
    Thanks to you for making a cool game as you guys did. NOW BRING ON THE DLC'S :smiley::wink:
    Steam: bino_santos
  • edgenzedgenz Member Petrol Head
    massive update - thanks!
    super pumped to check out CREST... Sounds awesome.

Dirt Rally Liveries: <60s - 80s> <Group A - F2 Kit - R4> <2000 - 2010>
  • richhard1richhard1 Member New Car Smell
    And there is still no VR Support for 1.3.1SDK on Rift???
  • MrDeapMrDeap Member Pit Crew
    I went low tier in the rallycross daily. I felt to try without knowing the car & the track.
    Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K 4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|Gigabytes 980Ti G1 6GB|14TB storage|X-Fi Titanium HD|SuperNOVA 1300 G2|Corsair 800D
  • CrazyNevadaCrazyNevada Member Pit Crew
    Once again, thank you for this amazing game. It's just pure awesomeness! 
    Intel i7-4790k 4Ghz / MSI Geforce GTX 1070 / Kingston HyperX 16GB /  Asus VG248QE / Logitech G27 
    https://www.youtube.com/user/NevadaCrazy
  • bobpiesbobpies Member New Car Smell
    richhard1 said:
    And there is still no VR Support for 1.3.1SDK on Rift???
    god damn - CMD F - VR
    nothing..

WHhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    awesome update just tried the renault alpine 110 such a great car video in the replay section.well done dirt rally team for best game ever. have a good day enjoy the launch ! B)
  • thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    edited April 2016
    Thank you, thank you, thank you :D                                           

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• BennizBenniz Member Pit Crew
    Great update! Can't drive the hillclimb 208 for some reason, it won't come up when selecting cars.
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    Benniz said:
    Great update! Can't drive the hillclimb 208 for some reason, it won't come up when selecting cars.
    I think you can only select in Quickplay when you select full tarmac pp
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Champion
    Can't wait to get home and download! Crest sounds awesome! 
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Race Engineer
    Congratulations Codemasters! You deserve all the success, excellent job! Enjoy your launch day event and well deserved rest.
  • WebOlethrosGRWebOlethrosGR Member New Car Smell
    Amazing patch! thank you Codemasters! please make it possible to select every car in all tracks! (ie: Peugeot 208 WRX in Pikes Peak) 

Thank you for the support :)
  • PedaZPedaZ Member New Car Smell
    Great, that you tweaked treshold for the punctures, and CREST sounds really exciting. But reading the whole patchnote....I cant wait to try, cause there are no mentions of anything major fix for the strange things I've experienced until this point. I wonder if the game will still crash in every playing session.
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters, F1MR testers Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

One final thing - remember the t-shirt competition we ran? Well, the t-shirts are now on sale and they are BEAUTIFUL. :D

https://store.codemasters.com/uk/dirt-rally-t-shirts

We'll be telling the rest of the world a little later tonight, but just wanted to give you guys a couple of hours on everyone else. They're Limited Edition, and we're expecting they'll sell out quite quickly - so make sure you grab one if you want one!
  • spreagadhspreagadh Member New Car Smell
    Some feedback, not specifically on v1.1...but an issue that has been bugging me slightly forever and became more prominent through the update.
    Analog Speedometers
    I took the Alpine for a spin and was almost surprised the speedometer worked correctly. Because most of the others somehow don't. Fulvia, Stratos, Lancer, just to name a few, have analog speedometers that are obviously designed to display kph. Unfortunately the needle doesn't know that and jsut shows mph. It's especially "annoying" in the Stratos, where the dial is in clear vision even in the dashboard view, and the poor needle doesn't even make it halfway round the dial, never touching the right half of it.
    When I saw that the Alpine had it done correctly, I had the slight hope you'd fixed the others as well, but...well, still lagging behind.

I don't know if you've answered to this issue already, and there's something preventing you from changing it, because I can't be the only one to notice that flaw...right?

Also, now concerning v1.1...will poor Mr Loeb ever get some animations in his 208T16? No gearshifting motion, no handbrake animation. The car is wonderful, aside from being a little too homicidal on my first tries, but the interior just seems a bit half-assed. :/

Other than that I've been pretty damn happy with your game, and will continue to be, so I hope you don't take this criticism the wrong way  ;)
    My measly accomplishments
    Setup: DFGT strapped to a Playseat Challenge
  • austinbaustinb Member Pit Crew
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

One final thing - remember the t-shirt competition we ran? Well, the t-shirts are now on sale and they are BEAUTIFUL. :D

https://store.codemasters.com/uk/dirt-rally-t-shirts

We'll be telling the rest of the world a little later tonight, but just wanted to give you guys a couple of hours on everyone else. They're Limited Edition, and we're expecting they'll sell out quite quickly - so make sure you grab one if you want one!
    Will the t-shirt with the other design be following soon? I'd quite like one of those ones
    Random User
  • BadD0gBadD0g Member Team Principal
    You know, when the game left early access I couldn't shake the feeling that it wasn't quite *done* yet. Today, after about an hour of messing with the new content, I really felt like I was playing a fully complete and polished experience. The little changes to the UI, the improvements to the sounds, and all the new cars round everything off so well. I've been trying all the new cars and I don't think I've ever had this much fun in a racing game in my life (the A110 in Monte is heaven!).

Thanks so much to the Dirt team for all your hard work and commitment to making a truly great rally game that is built with the kind of care and attention to detail that only true rally fans could have. Thanks for taking a risk by releasing in early access and letting us all be part of this amazing journey, I knew from the beginning that it would be exactly what I was looking for in a rally game, but it has shaped up to be so much better than I ever could have imagined. You've created something really special, and I think I speak for the rest of  the rally game community when I say that we are all so, so grateful.

Congratulations on the release guys, hope you all rest easy after the crunch-time stress.  <3
    |  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  OS: Win7  |  [D0gfish] on Steam
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
  • RookieOneRookieOne Member Pit Crew
    edited April 2016
    Am I the only one to have lost access to the 00 liveries following the update(was there since early access) ?

Also, the two DLC that are there for the legend version on console are not showing up on PC :disappointed: