Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

TH8A shifter on ps4 can it be used as the handbrake

markrippmarkripp Member Unleaded
As the title say's can it be done on the ps4 because it's a pain having to use the circle button and in rallying the handbrake is very useful :)  . Thanks 

Comments

• markrippmarkripp Member Unleaded
    It can be done the shifter needs to be connected to the ps4's usb port to work as the handbrake .
  • crahamcraham Member New Car Smell
    For any reason, mine is not working. Just done it
  • madwakmadwak Member Wheel Nut
    Mine works as markripp says, don't forget to allocate it  :)
    Just connect THA8 shifter to the PS4 slot? 
    craham said:
    Just connect THA8 shifter to the PS4 slot? 
    No, you also have to go to advanced wheel setup cursor down to handbrake and press x then move the shifter to program it  :)
    edited April 2016
    Thanx a lot @madwak Yep i know i need to allocate it too. After you press x when you programing, you need to move the shifter down to program it, what is the new name button? Use to be circle before. And what wheel you are using? I've got Trustmaster T300 Thanks mate, apprieciate it
    Post edited by craham on
    I'm using the sequential shifter plate and when I pull the lever towards me (+) it says gearshift down.
    If you still can't get it working then turn everything off and put the t300 in PS3 mode then start again see if it works? I'm using a t500 and it doesn't have ps4 mode?
    edited April 2016
    @mudwak Are you using your handbrake with a sequential shifter plate? I watched a video on a youtube (sim racing), and they are saing that handbrake only works with plates that you using for manual driving. Not with sequential
    Post edited by craham on
    Mine is definitely working with the sequential shifter plate  :)
    And can you also use the flappy paddles while you are using your handbrake? Or you drive just automatic? Because when i assist handbrake as a shifter lever towards me then it also change my right flappy paddle (R1) to handbrake.. noooooo!
    I'm using auto so I don't get that problem, very hard to drive manual with flappy paddles on t500 because they don't follow the wheel round. Automatic is great for rally cross because it's so fast and furious  :)
  • FreddyBahdarianFreddyBahdarian Member New Car Smell
    I did all the updates and firmware and its not working  Can anyone help me pls