Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Destruction Derby Original Grid

I've just signed up here after buying Dirt Rally for the PS4, I've searched but I couldn't find any threads about the Destruction Derby part of the first Grid on the 360.

It was one of the best online experiences I've ever had, absolute pandemonium every night for a long time, we had a team of up to six of us all in our Irish Tricoloured cars and it was so much fun, it was a real break from more serious racing on circuits.
Anyone else here ever take part online?
TitzonToast 

Comments

• scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Still do… the Xbox servers are still up :) And the Demo Derby mode in Grid Autosport is basically identical, if you still need a fix on another platform...
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • LoggyLoggy Member Unleaded
    Still do… the Xbox servers are still up :) And the Demo Derby mode in Grid Autosport is basically identical, if you still need a fix on another platform...
    Its good fun on autosport but I think spoilt by punctures virtually putting you out of the race if you get one, and you get them quite easy in DD, and no mini map to judge smash or dash at the cross junctions. Just 2 little things that made the original very playable but got lost in the last two games.
  • KimJonUnKimJonUn Member New Car Smell
    The DD in subsequent games was absolute pants compared to the first game.
    I might blow the dust off my 360 later on for some action. Hopefully some other people are still playing it.
    TitzonToast 
  • BaconTrousersBaconTrousers Member New Car Smell
    There is still quite a few people that play DD on the original Xbox 360 Grid as the Codemaster cannot seem to grasp how they have ruined this mode on 2 and 3. All they needed to do on subsequent Grid games was leave DD EXACTLY how it is in the first one, but update the graphics and add a few more tracks/cars. 

DO NOT remove or change the radar so you cannot 'track' cars when you are going backwards as racers AND wreckers make this game mode.
  • LoggyLoggy Member Unleaded
    One nice thing I just found out about AS derby is the night time race, looks real nice.
  • JooB420JooB420 Member New Car Smell
    people still play DD on original grid?! hell yeah add my gamer tag guys, JooBooB420