Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally Setup Sharing Thread

(There's no setup subforum and a search brought up no appropriate threads, so here goes.)

With DiRT Rally being a more serious driving game than most having the right setup can be crucial to getting the fastest stage times. This is a thread where we can share our setups and give tips to others.

If you're a Steam user you can download setups directly into your game via the Workshop.

If you're on Xbox or PlayStation 4 however you'll have to rely on people posting screenshots, as those versions don't have a way of distributing setups in-game.

Some extra links:

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

DiRT Rally setup: Xbox One, Controller, No Assists, Bumper Camera
F1 2016 setup: Xbox One, Controller, Traction Control: Medium, TV-Pod Camera

Comments

• thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Team Principal
    Nice idea.
    I think even PC players like myself would frequent this thread, just to discuss the reasons behind whatever tweaks.  

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• MorbidelliMorbidelli Member Unleaded
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=573064422 

Here for everyone who wants to use therm. 
    Unable to view setups. Already a stream member. Is this pc only as you would need the game installed to view. 

Or maybe I'm missing something else to view player setups. Thanks.
    i5 6600k, MSI 980Ti, 16GB Ram, Win 10
    Unable to view setups. Already a stream member. Is this pc only as you would need the game installed to view. 

I'm not too sure what exactly your issue is, whether you can't access the DR workshop, or you just can't see the specifics of the setups you are viewing.

If it's the latter, then unless an author discloses the setups within the description or as a screenshot, then you won't be able to see the tweaks unless you have the game on PC, and can load and view the setup for yourself. 

Interviewer:

• MorbidelliMorbidelli Member Unleaded

I'm not too sure what exactly your issue is, whether you can't access the DR workshop, or you just can't see the specifics of the setups you are viewing.

If it's the latter, then unless an author discloses the setups within the description or as a screenshot, then you won't be able to see the tweaks unless you have the game on PC, and can load and view the setup for yourself. 
    Yep! Not showing setup as I need Dirt Rally installed on pc. PS4 user.  Pity. Thanks anyway. 
    i5 6600k, MSI 980Ti, 16GB Ram, Win 10
  • PJTierneyPJTierney Member Unleaded

I used your Opel Kadett recently, made the car easier to drive.

Can you share screenshots of these ones for me please? I'm on Xbox so I can't access the numbers myself.

Delta:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=594239240
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=665224615

Many thanks.

Also, if anybody has Hillclimb setup screenshots for the 405 that'd be much appreciated.

• KevMKevM Member Champion

What if I told you that you can set a car to induce oversteer on corner entry, without having to tap rear-biased brakes....?
    edited April 2016
    Yep! Not showing setup as I need Dirt Rally installed on pc. PS4 user.  Pity. Thanks anyway. 
    I'm sure this thread will bring with it some screenshots from consoles and/or PC. 

I'm 430 hours into the game, but I'm not massively experienced with the technicalities for all of the cars. 
    Maybe some of the more experienced heads could share screenshots of their setups with a little explanation for the new comers, or just the people who are less savvy in this area. 

As @PJTierney linked ( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=456484010 ), this is really is a fantastic guide, and will help you on your way to being comfortable making your own setups. 

Interviewer:

• teknoid85teknoid85 Member Wheel Nut
    can someone  explain me how to make  rwd cars  set  as much understeery as possible?  thanks
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    Open the diff, soften rear suspension/ARB and rear camber, harder front and ARB.  Front brake bias etc...

(My idea of a nightmare - lol)  
  • PJTierneyPJTierney Member Unleaded
    edited April 2016
    I'd recommend making one change at a time regarding those. I would probably start with the Spring stiffness first as that will go a long way towards changing the characteristics of your car. 
    Post edited by PJTierney on

• kevingoldenkevingolden Member New Car Smell
    Hey all.I'm a xbox user.I'm looking a Opel corsa rallycross setup.I'm having trouble getting past the professional class career mode.thank you.
    Coldestginger on xbox.
  • markrippmarkripp Member Unleaded
     I've just started using the Renault 5 Turbo is there anyone willing to share a tune with me please ? 
    markripp said:
     I've just started using the Renault 5 Turbo is there anyone willing to share a tune with me please ? 
    The R5T is kinda broken right now, and understeers a hell of a lot, so it's more about the way you drive it rather than the setup right now. However, to help, softed the diff significantly, and maybe put a bit of rear bias on the brakes - not too much though. 

Interviewer:

• Puzom76Puzom76 Member New Car Smell
    What format are the Steam car setup files? Please post a file here so we can have a look. Maybe easy convert to readable format for console users to use :)
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Team Principal
    Nice idea.
    I think even PC players like myself would frequent this thread, just to discuss the reasons behind whatever tweaks.  
    Which is why I've asked for it to be stickied.

AMD FX-8350@4.5Ghz/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

Puzom76 said:
    What format are the Steam car setup files? Please post a file here so we can have a look. Maybe easy convert to readable format for console users to use :)
    They are just XML files, so the contents can be copied and pasted as it's just a page of config values

Interviewer:

• Puzom76Puzom76 Member New Car Smell
    Puzom76 said:
    They are just XML files, so the contents can be copied and pasted as it's just a page of config values

Easy to see what the values mean? Maybe faster than taking screenshots for those who share their PC setups.
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Team Principal
    Nah, definitely easier to upload screenshots. Everybody can see exactly what they are, even if they speak a different language.

AMD FX-8350@4.5Ghz/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• StevieD1950StevieD1950 Member New Car Smell
    Nah, definitely easier to upload screenshots. Everybody can see exactly what they are, even if they speak a different language.

Very true, also to make sure to put what car this is for. could there be way where cars are listed, and people could load screenshots to the car set up. But now that I think of it, that might be tricky and could become a mess.