Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

XBox One issues - please report here

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
Hey all,

For any Xbox One-related issues, please post these in this thread! 

Thanks,
Christina

Comments

• ELBARTSCHOELBARTSCHO Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2016
    First of all I would like to thank the whole Codemasters team for your awesome game! I bought it on XBOX One and I'm very excited about this Rally simulation. :)

> Locked out of the monthly event after a console crash during the race

Unfortunately I experienced the same as De4thM4chin3 and I completed 10 stages of the monthly event. The crash happened in the 11th stage and I'm locked out of this event.

> Wrong % showing on the steering bar in the options screen

Options > Extras and Controls > Extended Controls

I recently bought a new XBOX One Controller and also a new XBOX One Elite Controller and I experience this on both controllers.

At the bottom is a bar which shows the left/right steering of the left controller stick. My bar shows there sometimes from 1% up to 3% (means a little right angle) or also sometimes from -1% up to -3% (means a little left angle) if the stick is in the normal "middle" position. This happens when I pull the stick to the far left or far right side and then if the stick comes back to the normal "middle" position.

Why doesn't show this bar 0% if the stick is in the normal "middle" position?
    Is this a known visual bug of this % value?
    And do these % values have any outcome to the in-game steering itself?

> The login on www.dirtgame.com doesn't remember the selected platform

My default platform is always Steam after the login and I must select each time my XBOX One platform. Please fix this on the website that the profile remembers the selected platform.

> No car experience or credits for driving in leagues

Is it normal that driving in leagues doesn't reward the player with car experience or credits?
    It would be great if you could add credits rewards or at least car experience for playing in leagues.

> Changing the difficulty settings in another mode than the championship does ruin the difficulty bonus for the ongoing championship

I'm playing the Elite-Championship with these difficulty settings: only cockpit, no automatic launch start, no traction control, no stability control, ABS on.

I played 7 of the 10 stages of the last event and saved my championship. Then I went to play a Rallycross 1600 Online-PVP race and I set there some other difficulty levels for a test. Then I switched all difficulty settings back to my "championship difficulty settings" and completed the last 3 races of the championship. Unfortunately in the overview section all my difficulty bonuses haven't been applied anymore.

I guess if we change the difficulty settings in other modes than the championship and go back to the championship, then it does ruin the difficulty bonuses for the championship. Even if clearly all races of the entire championship have been completed with the same difficulty levels.

> Lags/Stuttering while playing Online-Rallycross events

Sometimes there are lags/stuttering effects while playing Online-Rallycross events with 6 players in a race. It happens mostly when it rains.

Post edited by ELBARTSCHO on
    *** Swiss Rally Driver ***
  • DraveDrave Member New Car Smell
    Graphics/ bad stutter on all Monte Carlo stages

It appears to be on all stages in all types of cars, mostly at tighter corners/hairpins... the action seems to overwhelm the available memory. It has nearly frozen on a couple of occasions/jumped time. I have not seen similar on other stage locations to any degree. In fact I have only see it fleetingly on a Powys stage, once

Mine is a fully up to date 2015 XBox One @ c.62% storage. I have no issues on Forza 5, 6, WRC5 etc.

I mention the HDD storage level as the Devs on another game driving game last year had super severe issues with this lagging on XBox One, it was a 1,000x's worse than this game. They were starting to wonder if it was something to do with the levels of HDD storage. I gave up with the game and returned it, but it might be a useful lead.

I am sure you know which game, I won't mention it in public but if you don't know, pm me
    The mentally challenged have an IQ around recommended Fahrenheit room temperature. Easily found by those who do not know it.
    XBox One 'Snap' ability

I have tried to use the XBox function DVR record on Snap and the whole XBox froze solid. So I hard rebooted the console and then with Dirt rally once more loaded, attempted to Snap YouTube... froze solid again, had to hard reboot again

This really needs sorting out.

The mentally challenged have an IQ around recommended Fahrenheit room temperature. Easily found by those who do not know it.
  • DaytraderDaytrader Member New Car Smell
    Major bug, since game released, me and all my friends on xbox one, whenever we do daily or weekly events, we never get to see our friends times when we press View Friends.
  • DaytraderDaytrader Member New Car Smell
    Oh, and me and friends, we all get stutter/major drop in fps when we play rally cross, not every race, but quite alot we do, lastes for a few seconds at a time.
  • PJTierneyPJTierney Member Unleaded
    Hey all,

Thanks,
    Christina

"The Only Way is Up" is still not functioning properly :(

Following your update last week my Achievement moved from 2% to 100%; it was like this for a few days.

I finished yesterday's Hillclimb Daily in the Top Tier and it's still stuck at 100%.

I'm not sure if it's a DiRT Rally problem or an Xbox problem at this point; I've followed all of the Xbox Support troubleshooting steps and nothing's made it unlock so far.

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

DiRT Rally setup: Xbox One, Controller, No Assists, Bumper Camera
    F1 2016 setup: Xbox One, Controller, Traction Control: Medium, TV-Pod Camera
    Today's challenge = Seat Ibiza in Powys, raining

The wind screen wipers do not clear the screen at all... there is a small semi circular clear patch at the very bottom of the windscreen/side windows... there is no vision through the rain, in fact it is better with the wipers OFF. I am therefore unable to complete this challenge. It looks like a fault of where the rain is 'mapped' onto the image

I have seen other people already mention elsewhere that Dirt Rally seems oblivious to the rules which surround XBox live.

These issues need rectifying, rapidly; not next week, sometime, never. 

People buy these games to play and have fun... not act as Beta testers.

This is for the Devs... no one else

This morning I have been testing... Seat Ibiza, Flugseugring. morning, rain.  20 runs.

It seemingly doesn't matter what time I post, I come 2nd.... and that has a time spread from c. - 2 seconds to c. - 13 seconds slower than the car in 1st

That's one hell of a spread ....

Yet two nights ago I made it to professional on the rally career by finishing basically 3rd in all the previous Club man stages/locations... then suddenly I won the next 3 stages on Monte Carlo by c.5 seconds a time... so stunned was I that I retired instantly and crashed my career back to Open because |I thought you'd fixed the AI settings... guess what, 3rd again

I cannot win any race in Rally X... in fact I cannot get better than 3rd on a couple of occasions, mostly 4th. There is therefore a part of this game which I have bought which I cannot access and am never likely to - that is not acceptable as I am sure you are aware.

This is posted in technical issues because there is definitely something wrong with the Ai settings/algorithm which controls them on XBox and by other peoples comments that seems to go for PS4 as well... what is the point in making a game that people just get fed up with and stop playing?

Surely you people are in business, surely you want to sell product?  Myself I've spent £Hundreds on Forza games... because they work, they are top quality and one can trust the product.... at this rate you'll have got £40 out of me and that'll be it...... and I know I am not alone in this view

Please, add some far easier settings or turn the algorithm down.  But this has to change.

• CMMcBabeCMMcBabe Member, Codemasters Pit Crew
    PJTierney said:
    Hey all,

Thanks,
    Christina

"The Only Way is Up" is still not functioning properly :(

Following your update last week my Achievement moved from 2% to 100%; it was like this for a few days.

I finished yesterday's Hillclimb Daily in the Top Tier and it's still stuck at 100%.

I'm not sure if it's a DiRT Rally problem or an Xbox problem at this point; I've followed all of the Xbox Support troubleshooting steps and nothing's made it unlock so far.
    Please wait until Wednesday (one week after the fix went live).  There is an automated Xbox Live process that is meant to fix these sorts of achievement issues.  If it is still giving problems I will get back in touch to work on a solution.
  • PJTierneyPJTierney Member Unleaded
    CMMcBabe said:
    [snip]
    Please wait until Wednesday (one week after the fix went live).  There is an automated Xbox Live process that is meant to fix these sorts of achievement issues.  If it is still giving problems I will get back in touch to work on a solution.
    Thanks for the response, I'll report back on Thursday as to whether it's fixed or not :)

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

DiRT Rally setup: Xbox One, Controller, No Assists, Bumper Camera
    F1 2016 setup: Xbox One, Controller, Traction Control: Medium, TV-Pod Camera
  • CaptDjobCaptDjob Member New Car Smell
    Daytrader said:
    Major bug, since game released, me and all my friends on xbox one, whenever we do daily or weekly events, we never get to see our friends times when we press View Friends.

This same. Really annoying. Some times it works, more times not. In daylies and weeklies it never works. All friends are also racenet friends.

I also encounter stuttering every once in a while. First headseat sound starts to stutter, then fps drops dramatically and quite often it has resulted controller loosing the signal to xbox (and of course ruining the rally because it won't pause automatically when this happens).

Above I have sorted by pressing the pause waiting a while, then continuing, I can continue to finish without loosing the signal but fps drops are still there.

Only way to get rid of fps stuttering is to restart the game from dashboard. Nowadays, I always restart the game before starting. Before, I just left the game running when stopped and next day continuing but noticed that it caused the stuttering (or at least it upped the probability to have stutterin during first sessions).

• neil3646neil3646 Member New Car Smell
    I too have "the only way is up" achievement showing as 100% but not unlocked, and also the "does your mother know" achievement showing the same 100% complete, but not unlocked, after I won a career championship in 1970s vehicle yesterday
    Are there a few people with The Only Way Is Up showing at 100% but not unlocking?  Would you be able to send me your gamertags please (either posted here or PM)?
  • oscarolimoscarolim Member Unleaded
    CMMcBabe said:
    Are there a few people with The Only Way Is Up showing at 100% but not unlocking?  Would you be able to send me your gamertags please (either posted here or PM)?
    I replied to you on /r but my GT is oscarolim

I've seen there's supposed to be a process running today. If is like the game updates, should go around 6PM no? I'll check it this evening is unlocked for me or not.
    It is nothing to do with the game, it is a background process by Xbox Live that is constantly running but can take a week to process everything.  It is very out of our control.  

The achievement is a counter (amount of times in top tier at hillclimb online event) that once it reaches one it unlocks, previously it was a much larger number.  Changing it from that large number to the correct number with users at the unlock condition has caused problems.
  • xXJnKhDXxxXJnKhDXx Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2016
    I've been experiencing freeze while playing offline, 2 or 3, but online it came constantly, i cannot play. The game is awesome but it freezes all The time playing with g920 wheel.
    Post edited by xXJnKhDXx on
  • fireant68fireant68 Member New Car Smell
    oscarolim said:
    CMMcBabe said:
    I replied to you on /r but my GT is oscarolim

I've seen there's supposed to be a process running today. If is like the game updates, should go around 6PM no? I'll check it this evening is unlocked for me or not.
    The achievement is still not unlocking for me.
  • ArcticRaiderArcticRaider Member New Car Smell
    CMMcBabe said:
    Still not unlocked for me as of today. GT ArcticRaider