Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

PS4 issues - please report here

Comments

• VajukkiVajukki Member New Car Smell
    edited February 27
    I have a normal PS4, the Thrustmaster T500RS and a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter. It all worked perfect together since the automatic update V1.04 today. After starting the game, at the starting screen I normaly pushed the X on the wheel to continue. But now there is no reaction . The self calibration works,  so the wheel seemed to be recognized. After this "VR-Update" I can no longer play the game. Any other players with this issue?
    Yes, i have the same issue can`t play it t500 no more. Ps4 Pro.
  • fl0wf1r3fl0wf1r3 Member New Car Smell
    my Fanatec wheel is fine now, no clue hat happened. I loaded the wheel preset several times and calibrated the wheel. Now it feels perfect. f... immersive now :) only motion is missing
    PS4 | Fanatec CSW V2 | CSP V3 | CSH | GT RACING STANDS.co.uk
  • BadgioBadgio Member New Car Smell
    I purchased the Dirt Rally PSVR disk today with the VR download code, I've entered the code and it say 'Purchased' but I can't download the content and it hasn't auto downloaded as nothing has appeared in game...

What am I missing ?? 
  • BadgioBadgio Member New Car Smell
    Ok ignore me, it was still downloading...

Only thing I would add is I don't remember having this problem in the past when purchasing dlc with other games. Not sure if they kept me up to date with the status of the download somehow but the process here just left me a little lost... just thinking out loud.
  • BibamannBibamann Member New Car Smell
    edited March 7
    On PSVR I can't activate the controller for the co-driver instructions-game. It doesn't react to the controller at all, so when pressing "options" on the controller (and on my steering wheel) nothing happens. Also turning off/on the controller doesn't help. Must the controller be attached by cable to the PS4? I mean this isn't possible as one USB is for the steering wheel, the other for VR and the PS4 just has 2 USB devices.

Using a PS4 pro and a G29 Steering wheel. (Btw. not all knobs of the G29 are recognized, but this is a different issue ;))

EDIT: ah ok, the controller must be assigned as another user / guest. Would be cool to have this information before
  • TroknolfTroknolf Member New Car Smell
    I see this has happened to a few others.  Ps4 with t500rs.  The new update has broken wheel support, and no one seems to be responding in regards to this.
  • MarcoFiranelliMarcoFiranelli Member New Car Smell
    @Vajukki, the link you suggested has one working solution for me, but it is very tricky and it seems you have to do it every time you start the game. This is not very comfort. 
    Today I found an other solution to get the T500RS and the shifter working again. Before starting the game with the PS4 controller make shure that the shifter is NOT plugged in, either direct to PS4 or hub. Then start the game. At the following starting screen you can now push the X on the wheel to move on (like before the VR update). When everything is loaded plug in the shifter (in my case a powered hub). Then you can configure all settings. Everything works fine again. The next time you start the game do everything I wrote above and the settings in the game will be saved and you can straight go on playing.
  • madwakmadwak Member Wheel Nut
    Bibamann said:
    On PSVR I can't activate the controller for the co-driver instructions-game. It doesn't react to the controller at all, so when pressing "options" on the controller (and on my steering wheel) nothing happens. Also turning off/on the controller doesn't help. Must the controller be attached by cable to the PS4? I mean this isn't possible as one USB is for the steering wheel, the other for VR and the PS4 just has 2 USB devices.

Using a PS4 pro and a G29 Steering wheel. (Btw. not all knobs of the G29 are recognized, but this is a different issue ;))

EDIT: ah ok, the controller must be assigned as another user / guest. Would be cool to have this information before
    Actually a PS4 pro has 3 USB, there is one at the rear
  • paulcm77paulcm77 Member New Car Smell
    edited March 12
    I purchased the vr version of the game yesterday eagerly installed  it right away ,my problem is that I've used my old psn account I had to put a code in ps store download the vr file the code came in the game box I purchased..how can I delete the game so it becomes deactivated on my old psn account so I can  reuse the code again on the account I want it on,is it a case of just deleting the game from my ps4? I doubt it'll be that easy any help greatly appreciated as I don't want to be driving around called cod god
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Team Principal
    paulcm77 said:
    I purchased the vr version of the game yesterday eagerly installed  it right away ,my problem is that I've used my old psn account I had to put a code in ps store download the vr file the code came in the game box I purchased..how can I delete the game so it becomes deactivated on my old psn account so I can  reuse the code again on the account I want it on,is it a case of just deleting the game from my ps4? I doubt it'll be that easy any help greatly appreciated as I don't want to be driving around called cod god
    Once its on an account, thats it. It can't be moved across.
  • ebatalha16ebatalha16 Member New Car Smell
    Hi there!
    I don't know if this is an issue…
    Does anyone here know how to set up Dirt Rally on PS4 so I can full throttle when the car is drifting? I've disabled the traction control but some times I can full throttle and some times don't…
    Is there any way to set it up properly?
    Thanks in advance.
    Best regards
  • BigWhiteyBigWhitey Member New Car Smell
    Hi there!
    I don't know if this is an issue…
    Does anyone here know how to set up Dirt Rally on PS4 so I can full throttle when the car is drifting? I've disabled the traction control but some times I can full throttle and some times don't…
    Is there any way to set it up properly?
    Thanks in advance.
    Best regards
    Try to lock the differentials in the advanced car set-up. If the differentials (especially in the rear) are fully or relatively open, one wheel (the wheel on the inside of the turn, with the least amount of contact with the ground) will receive all or most of the power from the engine. If the rear differential is locked, both rear wheels will receive the same amount of power.
  • TomVanheemsTomVanheems Member New Car Smell
    edited March 26
    Since changing from PS4 to PS4 Pro, R2 to change the camera isn't working on my G29. The button shows as working when you click it during other menu screens, but won't work in-game. I have tried selecting 'Logitech' as default setting but this didn't help either. R2 is displayed as the camera button, though I note I can't edit it. I am playing in VR mode.
    Post edited by TomVanheems on
    Have you changed the setting in the vr menu to allow exterior cameras? This might be why your r2 button isn't working?
    Thanks for the thought, yes exterior cams are allowed. I can't work it out, the R2 button is active, but not in the game. It's fine in normal mode but not in VR mode.
    That's very odd, I had the same  problem with my t500 until I noticed in the VR settings menu that there was another box to tick to allow exterior camera views not just the normal one in the game and it fixed mine. Gotta say though it's a very strange experience driving the car with your head stuck out of the bonnet (hood).
    Madwak I'm going to try this again... what you say makes sense but I remember seeing this setting and checking it. However perhaps I've made an error - will find out later. It's just so I can use the view where you see the top of the virtual wheel rather than the whole dashboard sometimes.
    Hey Madwak, sure enough, you were right! 

I had another look, it took me ages to find the right menu option, but sure enough there it was. I'm not sure how I got confused last time, I'm sure it was under a different menu title....clearly I drink too much wine..

In any case the view I thought I could get isn't as I thought so all a waste o' time anyway!! (And unnecessary, default VR view is perfect).

Cheers again!

Glad to hear you found it, you do realise that if you you program some of your pad buttons to adjust your seat forward etc you can almost get the view you were after?