Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

WEC

Kdog99Kdog99 Member New Car Smell
Does anyone else think that a WEC game would be amazing fun? (Assuming it would include full timing and in play pause)?

Comments

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Kdog99 said:
    Does anyone else think that a WEC game would be amazing fun? (Assuming it would include full timing and in play pause)?
    I'd like one, but it'd depend on who made it. 

Right now, for that kinda fix I just play multi-class races on PCars. It doesn't give you the full 4 categories, but 2 is better than nothing!
  • Kdog99Kdog99 Member New Car Smell
    Yh I agree but PCars doesn't give you the recent WEC cars, so isn't as realistic. I'd really like to see the 2015 Audi R18 and Porsche 919 in the game, as well as the main players of the GT world
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    I would love a WEC game, driving the LMP1 beasts would be fantastic, and dodging all the GT cars would be a great challenge, but as Prawn says, it really would depend who made it too.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
    Yh that would be a factor. Codies would be good so long as they don't give us the night glitches of f1 2015
    Niggly glitches soz ignore my autocorrect
    But I definitely think in the real world the WEC the best for pure entertainment over a longer time
    You can use the edit post feature to correct any spelling or add to your posts by the way, instead of creating brand new ones! There's a little cog icon in the top right corner of your post. Just click that to edit.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
    haha didn't realise that, will use it next time
    Personally, I'd wan't Turn 10 to make it. I know it'd limit it to Xbox One and PC, but they've done a brilliant job of making the LMP cars fun, but challenging in the Forza series.

CM is a no no. Dirt Rally is good, can't deny that. But the last bunch of F1 games have been hard to play with the amount of bugs and glitches. And before that they were way too "dude" and "bro" with their other racing games.

Also Milestone is an absolutely not. They'd make the cheapest and simplest game they possibly could, and we'd be lucky to get any post-release support in the forms of patches which actually fixed or made anything better. 

And anybody who's made a Need for Speed type of arcade racer is also off my list too :p 
    Fair enough, but surely it'd be better on all platforms? I agree that forza makes lmp1 cars good, but again my problem is they wouldn't update it to current levels, or have the same rules as in real life- eg the 6 hours time on most races
    It would be, I'm not a big fan of games being exclusive to only one or 2 platforms. 

Thing is if they got the license for it then whatever was to come out would be up to date, and would have the same rules too. The problem is WEC isn't quite on a public awareness level like F1 is, so until it is I can only see the cars being added in games and sims like PCars and Forza.

Not to sound negative or anything though, I'd deffo buy a WEC game :) 
    Yh I guess, so the FIA need to promote the WEC more then, or general fans mention it to their friends
    I think the WEC is bossing social media, it's not really their fault as they are doing everything right in promoting the sport. The issue is that endurance racing will never really appeal to the casual fan, like Formula 1 does. Your average Joe Bloggs isn't going to sit down for 6 hours on a Sunday while browsing through channels, but he might with an hour and a half of Formula 1.

Also WEC isn't on any of the main channels here in the UK (not sure about other countries), so you're unlikely to stumble across it while browsing channels either. You would with F1 being on Channel 4.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Kdog99 said:
    I'd like one, but it'd depend on who made it. 

Right now, for that kinda fix I just play multi-class races on PCars. It doesn't give you the full 4 categories, but 2 is better than nothing!
    Yeah I tend to either play P cars or one of the Grid games when I want to race something out of the norm

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    MBKF1 said:
    I think the WEC is bossing social media, it's not really their fault as they are doing everything right in promoting the sport. The issue is that endurance racing will never really appeal to the casual fan, like Formula 1 does. Your average Joe Bloggs isn't going to sit down for 6 hours on a Sunday while browsing through channels, but he might with an hour and a half of Formula 1.

Also WEC isn't on any of the main channels here in the UK (not sure about other countries), so you're unlikely to stumble across it while browsing channels either. You would with F1 being on Channel 4.

yeah I think also with the races lasting as long as the ydo it won't either because they tend to be as you say about 3 times the length of a F1 race. F1 racing will always be more popular because  all the events take place within a 2 hour window. The only time that's ever changed is if the weather becomes to unstable or a big cras has happened and they need to stop the race to clean the track up.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Channel 4 secure WEC highlights: https://f1broadcasting.co/2016/06/01/channel-4-secure-world-endurance-championship-highlights/

They'll backdate the programmes to the first round in Silverstone. Each package is 30 minutes and airs at 6:35 AM on a Saturday morning. That sounds bad but at least it's FTA for the first time on a PBS channel. And there is a C4+1. Presented by Lee McKenzie and John Hindhaugh.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

fIsince08 said:
    Channel 4 secure WEC highlights: https://f1broadcasting.co/2016/06/01/channel-4-secure-world-endurance-championship-highlights/

They'll backdate the programmes to the first round in Silverstone. Each package is 30 minutes and airs at 6:35 AM on a Saturday morning. That sounds bad but at least it's FTA for the first time on a PBS channel. And there is a C4+1. Presented by Lee McKenzie and John Hindhaugh.
    Man, that does sound bad. I'm not really sure how you can fit 6 hours of racing into 30 mins, but it's a start I suppose. Also, that early on a Saturday morning isn't great at all :/ 
    Looks like it's a wet start to Le Mans!

Quest on Freeview is showing the first hour, and the last hour live.
  • MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer
    Switching between Eurosport 1 and Channel 4 for the qualifying, gives us something else to watch during the safety car start.
    I'm recording the F1 quali, watching Le Mans live. Once the first hour is up though then my laptop will be streaming the race for at least the next 22 hours :)