Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Is there an active Grid Autosport Community ?

joeledwardjoeledward Member New Car Smell
Hi all, myself and a group of friends have just discovered this "gem" of a game. We are currently very active online but can't find any discussion, hints and tips or settings in regards to the weekly racenet challenges. Also it would be nice if there was a permanent record of the weekly  results . Is there a forum or discussion group for this ?

Comments

• JooB420JooB420 Member New Car Smell
    I'm wondering the same thing. Are you on xbox 360?
  • joeledwardjoeledward Member New Car Smell
    PS3. But no one talks about anything to do with the challenges here.
    Also none of the other players accept friend requests or answer any messages.
    Very frustrated at the lack of community.
    yeah man i hear that. i've only just gotten online a couple of months ago and its kind of the same on 360. lobbies are dead 95% of the time, when people do play the most i've seen is 4 i think. i had a few people accept my requests but when i invite them to games they hardly join, meanwhile the racenet challenge lists are full of hundreds of people posting times. so yes very frustrating to say the least
  • CapitalJJCapitalJJ Member New Car Smell
    JooB420 said:
    yeah man i hear that. i've only just gotten online a couple of months ago and its kind of the same on 360. lobbies are dead 95% of the time, when people do play the most i've seen is 4 i think. i had a few people accept my requests but when i invite them to games they hardly join, meanwhile the racenet challenge lists are full of hundreds of people posting times. so yes very frustrating to say the least
    I've almost given up trying to find online races, so I've started doing the RaceNet challenges to see how I compare on the leaderboards. I've also been doing time trials too. I noticed you're usually pretty high on the leaderboards compared to other autosport players on my friends list. I'm always trying to beat your times. I've been trying to add as many players as I can to my friends list so I can join a lobby or compare RaceNet and time trial times. It sucks that the community is pretty much dead because I love this game. It's my favorite racing game since the original GRID. Grid 2 probably has a bigger online population since it was free with Xbox Game with Gold, but I just don't like the driving mechanics/physics as much as Autosport. 
    CapitalJJ said:
    JooB420 said:
    I've almost given up trying to find online races, so I've started doing the RaceNet challenges to see how I compare on the leaderboards. I've also been doing time trials too. I noticed you're usually pretty high on the leaderboards compared to other autosport players on my friends list. I'm always trying to beat your times. I've been trying to add as many players as I can to my friends list so I can join a lobby or compare RaceNet and time trial times. It sucks that the community is pretty much dead because I love this game. It's my favorite racing game since the original GRID. Grid 2 probably has a bigger online population since it was free with Xbox Game with Gold, but I just don't like the driving mechanics/physics as much as Autosport. 
    Are you on PS3 or Xbox?
    CapitalJJ said:
    JooB420 said:
    Are you on PS3 or Xbox?
    We're both on xbox. Same here man, i love this game so much and really want to race with a full grid of humans. I've noticed ps3 and PC still has a pretty active online community so i don't get why xbox is so dead. i want to start it back up somehow. maybe we should message all the people on the racenet leaderboards lol. and i want to join an active club, some league racing with a championship points system going on
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    I used to play all the time on Xbox when it came out, but I recently bought the Mac version and have been playing that instead.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
    edited May 2016

We're both on xbox. Same here man, i love this game so much and really want to race with a full grid of humans. I've noticed ps3 and PC still has a pretty active online community so i don't get why xbox is so dead. i want to start it back up somehow. maybe we should message all the people on the racenet leaderboards lol. and i want to join an active club, some league racing with a championship points system going on
    I actually did start sending friend requests to some of the players on the racenet leaderboards, a couple accepted. It's going to be tough to start is back up. I created my own lobby yesterday, and only one player joined, we did 3 races, and he left. Raulvalbe1 joined and left, so I joined his game, and there was only 2 other players. I can't believe how dead the online community is, it's sad. I just went back to racenet challenges, and I didn't do so hot, didn't come close to any of your times, I'll have to give them another shot. I'd also like to join an active club, that could be really fun.
    Post edited by CapitalJJ on
  • crazehayes1984crazehayes1984 Member Unleaded
    Ps3 add me crazehayes1984 I'm on all the time and there's plenty of people I play regularly in online playlist. Never seen you tho
    Thanks for responding mate.
    I'm on GAS everyday. I have finished 1st in the last 2 x Street challenges with the Lancia Delta, you haven't noticed? I am currently 4th in the  Tuner Challenge with the Classic Muscle car.
    We have a forum called GTWorld with  dedicated GAS thread you are welcome to join.
    Link is GTWorld.ca I sent you PSN friend request and racenest friend request twice over the last week and no reply. I have sent messages and FR to 6 of the other top players and have had no replies.
    Our Club is GTWorld (GTW) anyone is welcome to join . We race every weekend in multiplayer.
    We seek information on settings for cars on the racenet challenges as we are all new to the game. Any hints tips and settings would be much appreciated thanks.
  • MosEislyMosEisly Member New Car Smell
    I have GRID: Autosport on PS3 as well. I'm down to race on weekends. How big is your group Joel? It be great if we could get a group together and do mini championships. Do you have skype/fb?

I wish codies implemented the damage model from formula c in GAS to their f1 games, it's so much better.
    MosEisly said:
    I have GRID: Autosport on PS3 as well. I'm down to race on weekends. How big is your group Joel? It be great if we could get a group together and do mini championships. Do you have skype/fb?

I wish codies implemented the damage model from formula c in GAS to their f1 games, it's so much better.
    We currently have 8 x active members. GTWorld.ca has Facebook .
    Join our forum also . You can join our club on the racenet site. We race every Friday and Saturday night 8.00pm German time .  Great people and great fun. Yes we do championships etc.
  • crazehayes1984crazehayes1984 Member Unleaded
    Hey Joel I think I added you on ps3. I may not have seen you as I tend to play very late at night and I play a lot with Americans, French and Canadians. If you're having a championship I'd love to race too, I'm able to race on Fridays
    MosEisly said:

We currently have 8 x active members. GTWorld.ca has Facebook .
    Join our forum also . You can join our club on the racenet site. We race every Friday and Saturday night 8.00pm German time .  Great people and great fun. Yes we do championships etc.
    Hey Mos thanks for checking out and joining our forum. Now all you ahve to do is join our GAS club and we will send you an invite on friday and saturday night.
  • xTheDarkLightxxTheDarkLightx Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    Its ashame really grid autosport is a great game. I've got it on Xbox 360 and I've only got into a lobby like 5 times. Everyone's too busy playing the next gen games to appreciate games like grid now
    edited June 2016
    Its ashame really grid autosport is a great game. I've got it on Xbox 360 and I've only got into a lobby like 5 times. Everyone's too busy playing the next gen games to appreciate games like grid now
    Yeah it is a shame because I think Autosport is a fantastic game, definitely a hidden gem. I'm on 360 too, add me if you want, I still play often. 

Gamertag: xxCapital Jsxx
    Post edited by CapitalJJ on
  • CaptainJackCaptainJack Member Wheel Nut
    The heyday for Grid was 8 years ago when it was only on PC. Many of us spent far too much time lobbying CM for a Grid 2 like Grid 1 but with updated gfx and new cars and tracks.
    But it all turned into a shambles, a fiasco, as CM decided they knew what was best for us. We never got our 'bumper to bumper' of Grid 1 again so with that and the spread to all platforms most of us went our own way.

They did a good job on GAS but their best job, and completely unpublicized at the time, was the surprise of Dirt Rally. For years we had been asking for this game and then, out of the blue, we got it . . . a Rally game whose roots were in Dirt 1 but made much better.
    This is the game many old 'Gridders' now play. . . it's a 'drivers' game.

At the moment Dirt 4 is the game we are waiting for !?
    The heyday for Grid was 8 years ago when it was only on PC. Many of us spent far too much time lobbying CM for a Grid 2 like Grid 1 but with updated gfx and new cars and tracks.
    But it all turned into a shambles, a fiasco, as CM decided they knew what was best for us. We never got our 'bumper to bumper' of Grid 1 again so with that and the spread to all platforms most of us went our own way.

They did a good job on GAS but their best job, and completely unpublicized at the time, was the surprise of Dirt Rally. For years we had been asking for this game and then, out of the blue, we got it . . . a Rally game whose roots were in Dirt 1 but made much better.
    This is the game many old 'Gridders' now play. . . it's a 'drivers' game.

At the moment Dirt 4 is the game we are waiting for !?
    Yeah I've seen so many good reviews about Dirt Rally, especially from CM and Grid fans. I've only played Dirt 3, since it was free on Xbox 360, and I thought it was pretty good. When I have the money, I'll have to try Dirt Rally.