Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

What was your favourite F1 car?

xTheDarkLightxxTheDarkLightx Member, Drivers Pit Crew
edited June 2016 in World of Motorsport
Just out of intrest what was your favourite F1 car can be from any team any year I just want to know.
Post edited by xTheDarkLightx on

Comments

• JulioMassaJulioMassa Member New Car Smell
    I am a very modern guy, but I love the McLaren MP4/4. The most dominant car in history, the greatest pair of drivers ever and just the spirit of it, that's what makes it the clear favourite for me. But if I had to choose from moderns, then I'll go for the McLaren MP4-30, just because it's best engine ever :)
  • xTheDarkLightxxTheDarkLightx Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    Mine was the Ferrari F2002 driven by Barichello and Schumacher as it sounded awesome and back in that era they were as quick as anything. I have to say that the 1988 mclaren MP4/4 was fantastic too

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    McLaren MP4-23. I liked all the pointy bits :p 
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    I have 2 really and they're both Williams don't remember rthe number bu the cars that took Mansell and Hill to championship glory. One of the few things I like about F1 2013 classic edition was being able to drive those cars for myself in that game.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    1989 McLaren MP4/5, I think this is the most elegant and beautiful Formula 1 car ever, just gorgeous from every angle. I bought a little 1:43 scale model of it last year too.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • Reub09Reub09 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    SF15-T :P I know its relatively new but I quite like the nose and I only started watching a few years ago (maybe 2012) I also like the W05 it looks quite sleek and like a car a world champion outfit would make ! :)
    | Former F1 TS Hub Driver | PSGL F4 League Red Bull TAG Heuer #15 | PS4 | Irish | Red Bull #3 #33 |

• GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    I'd go for the Ferrari F2001. It was a beauty, especially with that low nose and it was the last Ferrari of the Schumacher-era before Vodafone becoming one of their main sponsors which lead to the cars having way too much white on them.

@GoldenColt I have to agree beautiful car. Was good in performance too won constructors and Michael won the Drivers championship
  • target99target99 Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    Mclaren MP4-20 or Red Bull RB6. Both designed by Adrian Newey, however two different eras. MP4-20 because of its raw speed, unfortunate that its engine kept blowing up. Kimi could have won 10 races that year along with the WDC and WCC. RB6 because of its ridiculous downforce levels and Vettel's first championship winning car. Ferrari F2004 was great as well and, well, Mclaren MP4-4 was just OP for its era but how much of it was down to the 2 best drivers at the time?

None of them compare to the Ferrari F 14 T, however. I mean just look at that nose. Adrian who?

lol
    I guess but in my opinion I don't really like the look of the F14t and it was a crap car performance wise I agree with the rest though
    @Mexicola Forgot about that yea brilliant car Mikka got WC that was a good era for good looking mclarens
  • JulioMassaJulioMassa Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2016
    I also really disliked F14t, especially as I'm a fan of  Ferrari and love their cars. I know I said about McLarens, but even if I'm a Ferrari fan, I just love the MP4/4. Ferraris are one part and other cars, as McLarens, Red Bulls (the RB9 was really cool) and Mercedes are just my respect to these constructors.
    Post edited by JulioMassa on
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    Some good answers so far, but how come no one has mentioned this one yet:

The Brawn BGP 001. Simple but beautiful.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
    2009 was a great season with JB winning Seb second and Rubens third the Brawn looked good and for half the season was a mile ahead of everyone else.
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Another favourite of mine, the Ferrari F10. Second image was my desktop wallpaper for a good 2 years running :) 

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Gorgeous. A really weird observation and thought, but what happened to those concave noses of 2010 / 2011? I mean where the number 8 is on that Ferrari, the nose goes shallow for a bit.

Used to love those noses. The Red Bull had it too.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Wheel Nut
    Ferrari F-2004. I love that car with the V10 sound. Its just amazing. I also really like the Ferrari SF15-T and SF16-H.
    PSN: slow-mo-bro /// Fantasy RX: North West Autosport
    F1 Predictor Game 2016: Player 12th - Teams 7th /// F1 Predictor Game 2017: Wins X2 (Hopeful for now)
  • Reub09Reub09 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    MBKF1 said:
    Gorgeous. A really weird observation and thought, but what happened to those concave noses of 2010 / 2011? I mean where the number 8 is on that Ferrari, the nose goes shallow for a bit.

Used to love those noses. The Red Bull had it too.
    So did Sauber around 2013 :)
    | Former F1 TS Hub Driver | PSGL F4 League Red Bull TAG Heuer #15 | PS4 | Irish | Red Bull #3 #33 |

Not in 2013 I don't think but they definatley had it one year (210 or 2011 )