Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

AUDI RS 5 vs. Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG vs. BMW M3 Coupe - Grid Autosport

CapitalJJCapitalJJ Member New Car Smell
I was watching this episode of Top Gear:

and I decided to do a test of my own in GRID Autosport. I went to Time Trial on the Chicago Marina City track with the 3 Performance class cars, did 3 laps each, to see which did the fastest lap. The results:

BMW - 57.252
Merc - 58.125
AUDI - 55.335

From my experiece, the Audi was the easiest to drive. I beat my best time with the other 2 cars in the first lap.

I'm just curious, which car does everyone prefer? Post your best lap times if here if you like. I'm not the best driver, I'm at position 36 on the xbox 360 leaderboards with the AUDI.

Comments

• xTheDarkLightxxTheDarkLightx Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    Wow I was expecting the Audi to win but not by a margin that big! What assists did you have when you did the time trial?
  • CapitalJJCapitalJJ Member New Car Smell
    Wow I was expecting the Audi to win but not by a margin that big! What assists did you have when you did the time trial?
    Only Traction control and ABS 
  • BritpointBritpoint Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    Ah, nostalgic! I believe the Audi was one that I did the handling for. If I remember correctly the Audi is 4WD, where the others are RWD, and that's why it's relatively easy to drive. I think in terms of raw pace the cars should be closer together than that, but it is much easier to extract that pace from the Audi.
    Senior Game Designer at Codemasters. Opinions expressed are my own.
    edited June 2016
    Britpoint said:
    Ah, nostalgic! I believe the Audi was one that I did the handling for. If I remember correctly the Audi is 4WD, where the others are RWD, and that's why it's relatively easy to drive. I think in terms of raw pace the cars should be closer together than that, but it is much easier to extract that pace from the Audi.
    Are you a developer or something? 
    I could probably get better times with the other cars if I did more laps. They are all really fun to drive, and I think the game did a fantastic job of making all of the cars feel unique, from their handling, to the sound of the engine, etc. Each car feels different, which I really like. 
    Post edited by CapitalJJ on
  • crazehayes1984crazehayes1984 Member Unleaded
    Ha might try this now. I'm ps3 though. Try no tc on Audi you'll be even faster. I only use abs, let's see what I get
    edited June 2016
    Ha might try this now. I'm ps3 though. Try no tc on Audi you'll be even faster. I only use abs, let's see what I get
    I used to play with both TC and ABS off, then I played with just ABS, then turned them both on again. I didn't even realize TC was slowing me down. I'll have to try playing with TC off again.

How does everyone else tune their cars? I guess it depends on which car, but I can't figure out what tuning set up is best.
    BMW 54.541 24th on leader board. Just 3 laps so prob can go faster with more laps. Now for MERC 3 laps. Only ABS used
    MERC 54.244 and 19th on leader board. Now Audi
    AUDI 54.136 and 17th on leader board but I think with more tries I could get much more out of the Audi 
    edited June 2016
    AUDI 54.136 and 17th on leader board but I think with more tries I could get much more out of the Audi 
    Nice! I'll have to give it another shot with TC off. I'm actually in an online lobby right now, I can't believe it
    Me too I am everyday! There's nearly always a room in touring and everything everyday
    edited June 2016
    I had to get used to driving with TC off again, but my lap times still improved. Did 3 laps each again. EDIT - With TC off:
    BMW - 56.275
    Merc - 55.600
    Audi - 55.117, 29th on xbox leaderboards
    Good improvement, I just did another 4 laps in Audi and got 53.522 and that's 9th on ps3 board. That's as much as I can be bothered to do now! 
    Your time would be 35th on ps3. It would be interesting to see who's fastest ps3 or 360