Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Any tuning tips and hints, replays for racenet weekly challenges? GAS on PS3

joeledwardjoeledward Member New Car Smell
Myself and my GAS friends would welcome any tuning settings hints tips or links to videos of weekly racenet challenges.
How is it possible to get 3:15 with the Chev Cruze on the current Touring Car Challenge?
Any help would be appreciated settings or video or advice how to pass the AI sooner would help.
Thank You 

Comments

• joeledwardjoeledward Member New Car Smell
    We are on PS3 by the way. Is the racenet leaderboard console specific or does it include all versions of the game Ps3 , Xbox and PC ?
  • crazehayes1984crazehayes1984 Member Unleaded
    Well I would help but you didn't reply to my messages about adding me or racing u. But you were quite happy getting my set up off me when you messaged me about a challenge
  • cpcdemcpcdem Member New Car Smell
    I wish I've had some help like that when I started doing challenges, so here's my first post in those forums, hopefully I can help a little bit myself:

The time I've managed so far (PC, with wheel controller) is 3:16.5, I can get it below 3:16 but haven't managed to nail all 3 laps of a race so far. I have no idea if my tuning settings are ideal or close to that, but I am using -60 brake bias, -70 gears and the rest are -100 downforce, +100 dif and +100 suspension, those seem to work OK enough for me for this car/track.

As for quickly passing the AI: You need to take the inside line for the first corner, brake much later than the other cars and use one of them to brake more and take the corner quickly by gently (or not so gently..) hitting it sideways. This way ideally you should be already in 3rd place after this first corner, 4th is OK, too. Then you should be able to pass the remaining cars in the next 3-4 corners. Note that the initial grid positions of the other cars affects a lot the outcome of the race start and it might be necessary to exit the challenge and restart it, so the grid gets reshuffled, possibly leading to an
    "easier" start.

After that, it's all about good breaking points, taking the corners carrying more speed etc. First lap needs to be done below 1:06, the other two below 1:03 for a very good result.
    edited June 2016
    Well I would help but you didn't reply to my messages about adding me or racing u. But you were quite happy getting my set up off me when you messaged me about a challenge
    I sent you at least 3 requests on PSN and the same on racenet! I haven't received any responses from you at all and you certaintly didn't share your Commodore settings with me , when I requested you didnt even respond . 

Post edited by joeledward on
    edited June 2016
    cpcdem said:
    I wish I've had some help like that when I started doing challenges, so here's my first post in those forums, hopefully I can help a little bit myself:

The time I've managed so far (PC, with wheel controller) is 3:16.5, I can get it below 3:16 but haven't managed to nail all 3 laps of a race so far. I have no idea if my tuning settings are ideal or close to that, but I am using -60 brake bias, -70 gears and the rest are -100 downforce, +100 dif and +100 suspension, those seem to work OK enough for me for this car/track.

As for quickly passing the AI: You need to take the inside line for the first corner, brake much later than the other cars and use one of them to brake more and take the corner quickly by gently (or not so gently..) hitting it sideways. This way ideally you should be already in 3rd place after this first corner, 4th is OK, too. Then you should be able to pass the remaining cars in the next 3-4 corners. Note that the initial grid positions of the other cars affects a lot the outcome of the race start and it might be necessary to exit the challenge and restart it, so the grid gets reshuffled, possibly leading to an
    "easier" start.

After that, it's all about good breaking points, taking the corners carrying more speed etc. First lap needs to be done below 1:06, the other two below 1:03 for a very good result.
    Thanks for your response, you are the first person to offer any help or settings at all. None of the top players have answered any of my messages or friend requests . Our club races every Friday and Saturday nights 8.00pm German time . We currently have 10 members most of who join in the lobbies regulary. If you  want to race with us our club is GTW -GTWorld . We would be happy to see you. Great racing and even better banter.
    We have a GT forum called GTWorld we have threads for GT6, PCars and GAS  
    GTWorld.ca is the link.
    Post edited by joeledward on
  • cpcdemcpcdem Member New Car Smell
    Thanks for your response, you are the first person to offer any help or settings at all. None of the top players have answered any of my messages or friend requests including  Mr. Crazy who likes to talk himself up and says he has but has just ignored my requests. Our club races every Friday and Saturday nights 8.00pm German time . We currently have 10 members most of who join in the lobbies regulary. If you  want to race with us our club is GTW -GTWorld . We would be happy to see you. Great racing and even better banter.
    We have a GT forum called GTWorld we have threads for GT6, PCars and GAS  
    GTWorld.ca is the link.
    Hey, thanks for your offer, but unfortunately I'm on PC, not PS :smile:
    For this reason I'm not really sure if my previous advice does apply to you, but I would expect that the gameplay between consoles and the PC is not too different..please anybody correct me if I'm utterly wrong!
    Your psn settings don't allow me to add u. I assure I sent at least 3 or 4 msgs
    Says ur set to private or something and I can't add you. Check your settings. 
    I have changed settings , sorry for the misunderstanding. I apologise
    But I have received other friend requests ok and added people?
    I dunno we'll try again I'll be on late tonight and late tomorrow night