Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

FIFA 17: Live the life storymode !

Reub09Reub09 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
I was just thinking how the new 'journey' story mode style looks as if it will take the F1 sort of life the lifestyle and put it alongside football. So I just wanted to acknowledge that this is obviously the way to go now with sports game :blush: But also that I think F1 2016 could be a tad better due to the fact that you can pick your own name and stuff ! Also just a nice thread for people to discuss the new FIFA 17 trailer ;)
| Former F1 TS Hub Driver | PSGL F4 League Red Bull TAG Heuer #15 | PS4 | Irish | Red Bull #3 #33 |

Comments

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Reub09 said:
    I was just thinking how the new 'journey' story mode style looks as if it will take the F1 sort of life the lifestyle and put it alongside football. So I just wanted to acknowledge that this is obviously the way to go now with sports game :blush: But also that I think F1 2016 could be a tad better due to the fact that you can pick your own name and stuff ! Also just a nice thread for people to discuss the new FIFA 17 trailer ;)

Yeah  it sounds interesting although it depends on how it's programmed I think. Would be interesting if there was something similar for manager mode as well as that's the mode I use most. As the one shown there looks moer like a new be a pro mode to me.

BTW ew do have a fifa/PES thread for discussing this if you wish.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/608/fifa-pes-thread#latest

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• Reub09Reub09 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Me too, I play pro seasons and manager career ! :D But the problem is its way too easy to 'win the race for Pogba' there should be more intense transfer battles. At first I was having a mental breakdown with either pre ordering fifa 17 or getting f1 I usually get FIFA for Christmas but the fact that you can't name your player and have him look the way you like is a deal breaker for me :/
    | Former F1 TS Hub Driver | PSGL F4 League Red Bull TAG Heuer #15 | PS4 | Irish | Red Bull #3 #33 |

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Reub09 said:
    Me too, I play pro seasons and manager career ! :D But the problem is its way too easy to 'win the race for Pogba' there should be more intense transfer battles. At first I was having a mental breakdown with either pre ordering fifa 17 or getting f1 I usually get FIFA for Christmas but the fact that you can't name your player and have him look the way you like is a deal breaker for me :/

I think chances are that you'll be able to create your own player. They already have CC's built to use on the engine thanks to the likes of Bioware and all so it shouldn't be to hard for them. Though the vid they showed may well be just for promotional purposes we know what EA are like. We'll just need to wait and see what other details are shared.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    Having just played through NBA 2K16's story mode all I can say is please don't hire Spike Lee for this. It was well intentioned but horrendously executed. 
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward
    I heard great things for 2K16's story mode, and after a couple of hours on it its meh.. very good idea though! 
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    Just started playing it :D It is the best career mode I've ever played on any sports game ! I am playing with the UCLA Bruins in college basketball rn :) 

• LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward
    edited June 2016
    Reub09 said:
    Just started playing it :D It is the best career mode I've ever played on any sports game ! I am playing with the UCLA Bruins in college basketball rn :) 
    I chose the same team! :#
    I just wish i understood Basketball a bit more aha
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    Lukedfrt said:
    Reub09 said:
    I chose the same team! :#
    I just wish i understood Basketball a bit more aha
    Lol me too, I was going to go with Arizona because they were pretty convincing but then I was like well its LA I mean c,mon xD Playing with the Grizzlies now ! Hope I get to dump Yvette she's a bit of a biatch  -_-

• onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    Without trying to spoil it, there are many things wrong with 2K's career mode:

- Vic is an annoying idiot
    - Cee-Cee is an annoying idiot 
    - Relentlessly calling me Freq. Short for "Frequency Vibrations". What kind of stupid nickname is that anyway?
    - Want to win Rookie of the Year? Nope, you can only play 8 games.
    - Psychotic team owner
    - Marketed as "you make the choices". You only make three choices, where to go to HS, where to go to College and where you go after your psychotic team owner releases you after a year.
    - Psychotic team owner releases you after a year because of the company you keep.
    - I was pick 17 but I was talked up as the second-coming of Wilt Chamberlain and having 8 relatively mediocre games in my rookie year.
    - You can average 100 points per game, 100 rebounds and 100 assists per game in College but you'll still drop from a "certain top 5 pick" to second round in draft projections.
    - The fact that you have no choice to stay in college after your first season. I wanted to stay in college but nope. Why have a 20 minute cut scene discussing it when that choice is made for you?
    - 20 minute cut scenes.
    - The absolutely ridiculous sob story.
    - My fraternal twin sister, father and mother are black, but I'm the whitest dude you'll ever see.

Once you get past the first season though it goes from just bearable to actually playable, so that's good.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
    Ahh I won't spoil it but thanks though :)

IKR like anything but ! **** who came up with Freq :D do they not get it sounds like your mother is insulting you every time she says your name lol

• SteelyphilSteelyphil Member New Car Smell
    Loved FIFA 17, can't wait for 18!! Always like seeing the new signings 
    Oh my goodness look what's back from the dead..