Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally v1.11 patch - with update to Pikes Peak!

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters, F1MR testers Community Manager

Hello DiRT fans - our latest patch has landed! Here’s the list of fixes that v1.11 will be bringing to DiRT Rally:

-        Game - Excessive knocking effect on wheels when playing rallycross (All platforms).

-        Racenet - Community Delta times should now display correctly (All platforms).

-        Game - AI for Classic and S1600 Rallycross adjusted to have more variety (All platforms).

-        Leaderboards - They will no longer be blank and the difference column works (All platforms).

-        Racenet - League events can now be restarted if you terminally damage, quit or complete an event (All platforms).

-        Community - Fixed the missing string that was being displayed in a very specific situation when Racenet was unavailable (All platforms).

-        Graphics - Fixes for rain effects displaying incorrectly on some AMD cards (PC).

-        Graphics - Motion blur being applied to cars in bonnet camera and in replays (PC).

-        Audio - Co-driver call near sector 2 in Russian is now played in the correct language (PC).

-        Game - Fix to prevent unrealistic AI times being shown on Hillclimb if you save and quit after finishing a time for Run 1 (PC).

-        Audio -Spotter call during the results screen for Portuguese Brazilian is now played in the correct language (PC).

-        Graphics - Rain causing bad reflections on some windscreens (XB1).

-        Achievements - The Only Way Is Up achievement now unlocks correctly (XB1).

Finally, we’ve also been investigating your concerns and comments about the weak FFB on certain Thrustmaster wheels. It’s still something we’re looking at, but the difference between the T300 and other Thrustmaster wheels is that the FFB is perfectly linear, with the intention of providing more realistic vehicle handling. In the first instance, we’ve been suggesting look at the settings that Thrustmaster have recommended – and some players have also found that reverting to PS3 mode, then re-enabling PS4 mode, will solve the issue.  

Now, on to the fun stuff - you may notice that the patch doesn’t just bring fixes, but some additions to the content on DiRT Rally... We’ll discuss these in closer detail in tomorrow’s Road Book – but to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, we’ve added the following content:

-        Art - We’ve updated Pikes Peak International Hill Climb to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the event, complete with official PPIHC logos and branding.

-        Game - We’ve updated the handling on the Hill Climb cars so that you can really attack the iconic Hill Climb course.

We hope the patch in all of its Pikes Peak glory really enhances the Hill Climb experience for you, and that the fixes leave your DiRT Rally experience a lot smoother and more fun to play. As always, if you have any feedback for this update, please head to Twitter, Facebook or our thread in Technical Assistance to share it!

Comments

• SergeyTokarevSergeyTokarev Member Pit Crew
    ChristinaMc said:
    -        Game - We’ve updated the handling on the Hill Climb cars so that you can really attack the iconic Hill Climb course.
    Does it means PP's leaderboards will be erased?

PSN ID: RadeonX1950
  • HengistHengist Member Wheel Nut
    Since the latest patch (T300 user), the PS4's Vibration & Feedback settings only now have 4 options; Suspension, tyre slip, engine and collision. They are also 'grayed out' and can't be accessed.

Is it supposed to be like this?
    Hengist.

My (no advertisements) tube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Fd4uRDjTFn1dr3gHVPFnw

• RyuMakkuroRyuMakkuro Member Champion
    ChristinaMc said:
    Is the handling bug with the 208 PP also included here?

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna
    The option to calibrate the wheel is also missing.
    Hengist.

• ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters, F1MR testers Community Manager
    ChristinaMc said:
    Does it means PP's leaderboards will be erased?
    It doesn't, no - the cars will be faster now, so we won't be doing it specifically for this update.
  • danielofifidanielofifi Member Unleaded
    My T150 doesn't work like it should anymore- it used to be much more precise. Also, what's with the greyed out areas in ffb options and lack of wheel callibration? The game is almost unplayable for me now :( 
    My T150 doesn't work like it should anymore- it used to be much more precise. Also, what's with the greyed out areas in ffb options and lack of wheel callibration? The game is almost unplayable for me now :( 
    Phew, thanks for the post. I was worried that it was just me.
    Hengist.

• ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters, F1MR testers Community Manager
    Hengist said:
    We've had this feedback elsewhere too - will get on it ASAP.
  • hvilberghvilberg Member New Car Smell
    Where is the VR update that was promised?
    ChristinaMc said:
    It doesn't, no - the cars will be faster now, so we won't be doing it specifically for this update.
    The cars are faster, that's for sure (beat my previous PB, which happened to be the fastest Quattro run up the Pikes Peak) twice now. However, the leaderboards there could use a clean for another reasons ;)

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna
    We've had this feedback elsewhere too - will get on it ASAP.
    Thank you Christina for the prompt reply.
    Hengist.

hvilberg said:
    Where is the VR update that was promised?

• CMMcBabeCMMcBabe Member, Codemasters Race Steward
    Which platforms are people not seeing the wheel options for, is it only PS4 or is it also happening to other platforms?
  • romspeedromspeed Member New Car Smell
    Wait, the update create new and worst bugs instead of fixing them?? And we will have to wait the next patch to get it (hopefully) fixed ?
    We were unable to play with our wheel on RX -- ok, we play rally and hillclimb waiting for the patch... and now we are simply unable to play at all?  Is it a joke?

Hengist said:

romspeed said:
    Wait, the update create new and worst bugs instead of fixing them?? And we will have to wait the next patch to get it (hopefully) fixed ?
    We were unable to play with our wheel on RX -- ok, we play rally and hillclimb waiting for the patch... and now we are simply unable to play at all?  Is it a joke?
    I'm trying to see the funny side. I've gone from politely complaing about the weak ffb on the T300, to now having a wheel which I cannot use at all, as it's now permanently un-calibrated.
    Hengist.

• My10My10 Member Unleaded
    Hengist said:
    I'm trying to see the funny side. I've gone from politely complaing about the weak ffb on the T300, to now having a wheel which I cannot use at all, as it's now permanently un-calibrated.

Careful what you wish for I guess!  ;) 

• thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    Thanks, team! 

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• romspeedromspeed Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2016
    Hengist said:
    romspeed said:
    Next patch : the game just not start at all:wink: :smile:

Seriously, dirt rally is really the greatest rally game I've ever played but this is really not possible. Is it at least possible to come back at the non-patched version to get my T150 work again "normally" ? (I forget RX for now, just want to play with my wheel and game I bought)
  • bokimotobokimoto Member Unleaded
    not sure I'm really liking the increase in performance/times at Pikes Peak, it already seemed far too generous compared to 'real life'.

i did an 8:37 on my 'warm-up' run this morning, taking 4 seconds off my personal best, which was odd because it didn't feel that brilliant, and was a little weird to start from scratch with set-ups erased.

i'll get used to it, but in my opinion, an 'improvement' patch should have made it harder to get those times, not easier.
    but it's just a number ... i love it just the same

<3  the little things thrill me, though, and having the actual, genuine hay bale covers on is huge ... thanx for that effort towards realism, makes me feel right at home (wondering if there was some well deserved agreement with PPIHC over that, for the awesome job DiRT Rally has done with this mountain, ...  considering GT is a title sponsor)

anyhow, thanx Codies ... you folks are continuing to make the best driving out there B)

romspeed said:
    Next patch : the game just not start at all:wink: :smile:

Lol :smile:
    Hengist.