Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally PS4 update - patch for Thrustmaster peripheral hardware. Found a bug? Post it here!

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager

Hi all,

I’m really pleased to say our PS4 patch to fix the issues our Thrustmaster users have been experiencing has been approved, and will be released at 14:30 GMT today.

Just to clarify what this update will be fixing:

- Force feedback settings will be adjustable for Thrustmaster wheels.

- Thrustmaster TH8A can now be used with H-Pattern settings.

If you have any problems with this patch, please let us know on this thread! And finally, thank you for your patience while we’ve worked on this fix - we really appreciate the feedback and assistance you've given us with identifying the issues.

Comments

• LeejaahLeejaah Member New Car Smell
    Even though it looked like something that could have been avoided with better testing, you guys fixed it relatively fast, so thanks for that, i'm quite curious to see if it really works and if the ffb is any different. Keep up the good work and support for your community guys!
  • BrunoAssanteBrunoAssante Member New Car Smell
    I now look forward to finishing work today. Let's hope this has solved all our problems.
  • Lorne007Lorne007 Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2016
    Pleased to report I am back up to full attack speed again on T300RS + PS4 (well as fast as i was before the patch anyway) all settings and calibration available, dont have TH8A to test that - Happy racing :)
  • BAZA4173BAZA4173 Member New Car Smell
    Thanks for the fix everything seems good and does feel better imo :)
  • SpacepadrilleSpacepadrille Member New Car Smell
    I want to thank the Codemasters team to have fixed the big bug in less than one week. 

Just played a few minutes. All is working fine. Not sure the FFB has been improved. If it is, it's nor obvious. Still need to be in high values of FFB to have some little feeling on tarmac. The wheel is maybe a little stronger, not sure, but the feeling on tarmac is still very very flat compared to Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo or Project Cars for example. So happy to play again, but a little bit disappointed by the FFB on T300 (I don't blame the T300, it's a fantastic wheel... on other games).

• FatwilliFatwilli Member New Car Smell
    Thanks for your work guy's, everything seems working good now (Thrustmaster T150 with T3PA )
    Fun is back :)
  • MJTAvengerMJTAvenger Member New Car Smell
    Fatwilli said:
    Thanks for your work guy's, everything seems working good now (Thrustmaster T150 with T3PA )
    Fun is back :)
    Yes, Thank you Code masters for fixing this fast , and thank you Christina for keeping us updated, now I'm back to playing my favourite game :smiley:
  • juanmartinjuanmartin Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2016
    I just bought thie game but the T150 doesn't work as it should with this game.

I use the wheel camera so when I turn the T150 wheel 90 degrees I expect to see the wheel turning also 90 degrees in the TV. However it doesn't even turn 45 degrees.

When I'm in the "Advanced Wheel Options" menu and I turn the wheel 90 degrees it shows only "Steering 17%"

What I'm I doing wrong? I tried calibrating it through the options menu of the game but it doesn'treally improve.
    PS: With other ps4 racing it works without issues...when I turn it 90 degrees I can see how it also turns 90 degrees on the screen
    Wit

thank you
  • KennyECKennyEC Member New Car Smell
    Not so much a bug I guess, but maybe something overlooked.  During the downtime due to the patch (I have a Thrustmaster T300RS) I received my Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals.  These pedals have a clutch.  I want to use the clutch in Dirt Rally but I want to use the paddle shifters on the T300RS.  Paddle shifters would be considered Sequential.  There is "NO" choice for "Clutch and Sequential" other than the one that is for H Shifter + Clutch + Sequential.  That setting will not work for me because if I choose it, it searches for a shifter and gives me a message that there is an error in my set up.  So, how do I use "Clutch + Sequential"?  
  • Gabor1980Gabor1980 Member New Car Smell
    After this update i have ffb settings again, but my t300rs is very very weak.
    I have every FFB on 150% but i can whit 1 finger light drive.

• SpacepadrilleSpacepadrille Member New Car Smell

Gabor1980 said:
    Same here, very very disappointed :-1:
  • matthewb32matthewb32 Member New Car Smell
    the handling in this game was perfect with my piece of crap t80. then you guys go and change the handling and now my t80 is 100% useless.  I WILL NEVER BE BUYING CODEMASTERS GAMES AGAIN.  i am sick of physics being changed over and over again.  i took a lot of time setting the piece of crap to work right and it was rewarding to get it correct.  refuse to go through that **** everytime you people feel like "tweaking the game" member out 
  • AutobahnAutobahn Member New Car Smell
    Hi ChristinaMc,
     I have a T500 RS wheel and in option of controllers still can´t found it...
    I´d tried to connect before PS4 start, after start and in the game, but no detected. Do you have some advice for me please?
    THX for answer.
    Andy
  • Gabor1980Gabor1980 Member New Car Smell
    Give us a solution to rolling back to the first PS4 version (patch). This two patch killed this game. Or give my money back! 
  • madwakmadwak Member Wheel Nut

Gabor1980 said:
    Same here, very very disappointed :-1:
    Looks like I did the right thing not updating, spent all night trying different cars etc and all can say is wow it's like having a totally new game :smile:  I don't understand what went wrong with yours after 2 days to make it break seems very odd?
  • madwakmadwak Member Wheel Nut
    KennyEC said:
    Not so much a bug I guess, but maybe something overlooked.  During the downtime due to the patch (I have a Thrustmaster T300RS) I received my Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals.  These pedals have a clutch.  I want to use the clutch in Dirt Rally but I want to use the paddle shifters on the T300RS.  Paddle shifters would be considered Sequential.  There is "NO" choice for "Clutch and Sequential" other than the one that is for H Shifter + Clutch + Sequential.  That setting will not work for me because if I choose it, it searches for a shifter and gives me a message that there is an error in my set up.  So, how do I use "Clutch + Sequential"?  
    Isn't there a setting for turning off the automatic clutch?
  • Pepe55Pepe55 Member New Car Smell
    madwak said:
    KennyEC said:
    Isn't there a setting for turning off the automatic clutch?
    If I'm not mistaken, the settings you are looking for are under preferences, above where you check your profile. You would change to manual +H-pattern shifter + clutch, or something like that.

Hopefully this helped?
    Cheers,
    TM T300RS, T3PA pedals, TH8A Shifter with second one coming for hand brake, PlaySeat Evolution GT Limited Edition Black.

Having spent all that money, I'm still no Pro, but the "fun factor", is what it's all about for me and priceless! I'm to old to take myself very seriously anymore!

Don't grow up, it's a trap. :D

Pepe.  :)
  • bastien420bastien420 Member New Car Smell
    T300, ffb settings are available, but still no feel. I tried pikes peak and snow rally. Also my shifter still doesn't work. Not very impressed 
    What you are looking for is called clutch override in the pause control menu. That will allow clutch use with the paddles. Good luck 
    I just tried plugging my th8a shifter in direct and still nothing