Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally Update - PS4 Patch for Thrustmaster peripheral hardware

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager

Hi all,

I’m really pleased to say our PS4 patch to fix the issues our Thrustmaster users have been experiencing has passed approvals, and will be released at 14:30 GMT today.

To make it clear, this patch will be PS4 only – and this is what it will be fixing:

- Force feedback settings will be adjustable for Thrustmaster wheels.

- Thrustmaster TH8A can now be used with H-Pattern settings.

If you have any problems with this patch, please let us know on this thread or in the designated Technical Assistance thread on our Codemasters forums: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/42478/dirt-rally-ps4-update-patch-for-thrustmaster-peripheral-hardware-found-a-bug-post-it-here/p1?new=1

And finally, thank you for your patience while we’ve worked on this – your immediate and in-depth feedback has been really helpful in identifying the issues at hand.

Comments

• LEEROYUKLEEROYUK Member New Car Smell
    Any idea if the FFB has been improved at all compared to how it was before the last patch ? 
  • DirtyDubsDirtyDubs Member New Car Smell
    Good job. Must say that my patience deserted me a few days ago with regards to this fix and I still feel Codies Q&A can possibly change a procedure or two in making sure an obviously flawed patch is not released. However, I'm sure everyone on the team worked really hard in getting it resolved so enjoy the weekend (and probably forget about video games for a few days). Looking forward to getting back to racing in Dirt :)
  • romspeedromspeed Member New Car Smell
    Thanks Codemasters, Good news to have that before the weekend ! 

Has someone already tested the T150 on the ps4 with the fix? is everything really ok? :smile:

• Soundmangt4Soundmangt4 Member Unleaded
    romspeed said:

Has someone already tested the T150 on the ps4 with the fix? is everything really ok? :smile:

After all the flak they have taken, do you REALLY think they would release a fix for this without making sure it's all okay? lol
    I am positive it will all be fine! 
  • romspeedromspeed Member New Car Smell

romspeed said:

After all the flak they have taken, do you REALLY think they would release a fix for this without making sure it's all okay? lol
    I am positive it will all be fine! 
    Hem... Well, ok I'm carefull but no offence ;) Just call that ... experience
  • Lorne007Lorne007 Member New Car Smell
    All good on t300rs + ps4, back to full speed! :)
  • koenie1koenie1 Member New Car Smell
    I think its fixed. Just did a testrun with t300 and th8a after update 1.03  . Seems like it was before the update. Thanx for fixing..
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    LEEROYUK said:
    Any idea if the FFB has been improved at all compared to how it was before the last patch ? 
    The experience will be back to what it was pre-patch, just to clarify! Glad to see some of you reporting the game's all good for you though. Keep us posted on how you're finding it!
  • DanielFlandersRDanielFlandersR Member Unleaded
    So you just unpatched  your patch? Or is there strong FFB now on the T300?
  • SpacepadrilleSpacepadrille Member New Car Smell
    I'm really afraid it's just a rollback.... I will test it in one hour, hope FFB has been improved. 
  • Pepe55Pepe55 Member New Car Smell
    Yeehaaw, I can drive my car's again! Settings are all back and after some tweaking again I was able to do today's daily challenges without being in the ditch all the time.  :) I'll reserve commentary about the FFB, as I haven't done the hill climbs yet. Still don't know if the car's are going to have better feedback on the front and rear and not so light since the beginning??

It's just great having the settings back, so I'll be enjoying things again for now. Worry  about the other stuff another day!!!!!
    Thanks CM for the prompt fix. 

Cheers,
    TM T300RS, T3PA pedals, TH8A Shifter with second one coming for hand brake, PlaySeat Evolution GT Limited Edition Black.

Having spent all that money, I'm still no Pro, but the "fun factor", is what it's all about for me and priceless! I'm to old to take myself very seriously anymore!

Don't grow up, it's a trap. :D

Pepe.  :)
  • HattoriCYHattoriCY Member New Car Smell

Thank you very much for the fix works like a charm! It took a bit longer than we expected but all is good now

Keep up the good work codemasters! 

I want to thank the Codemasters team to have fixed the big bug in less than one week. 

Just played a few minutes. All is working fine. Not sure the FFB has been improved. If it is, it's nor obvious. Still need to be in high values of FFB to have some little feeling on tarmac. The wheel is maybe a little stronger, not sure, but the feeling on tarmac is still very very flat compared to Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo or Project Cars for example. So happy to play again, but a little bit disappointed by the FFB on T300 (I don't blame the T300, it's a fantastic wheel... on other games).

• PCLPCL Member New Car Smell
    This is no rollback!! This time they've struck gold! Absolutely perfect feedback on t150 with lightning fast response, kudos codies! Don't change a thing.  :)
  • madwakmadwak Member Wheel Nut
    I want to thank the Codemasters team to have fixed the big bug in less than one week. 

Just played a few minutes. All is working fine. Not sure the FFB has been improved. If it is, it's nor obvious. Still need to be in high values of FFB to have some little feeling on tarmac. The wheel is maybe a little stronger, not sure, but the feeling on tarmac is still very very flat compared to Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo or Project Cars for example. So happy to play again, but a little bit disappointed by the FFB on T300 (I don't blame the T300, it's a fantastic wheel... on other games).

Let us know what you think about it after you've had a decent play around. I'm sticking to the previous patch at the moment because my ffb is awesome, I've got plenty of feel on the Tarmac at Monte Carlo and it disappears a little when you get on the ice, before it used to be the other way round. I can even feel the ruts as I drive off the Tarmac onto ice, plus the feeling of the weight transfer from front to back and side to side and can even feel when the rear end is starting to slide out so I'm reluctant to install the new patch until lots of people say it's better than the original as I won't be able to get back to the 1st patch again :smile:
  • PCLPCL Member New Car Smell
    madwak said:

Let us know what you think about it after you've had a decent play around. I'm sticking to the previous patch at the moment because my ffb is awesome, I've got plenty of feel on the Tarmac at Monte Carlo and it disappears a little when you get on the ice, before it used to be the other way round. I can even feel the ruts as I drive off the Tarmac onto ice, plus the feeling of the weight transfer from front to back and side to side and can even feel when the rear end is starting to slide out so I'm reluctant to install the new patch until lots of people say it's better than the original as I won't be able to get back to the 1st patch again :smile:
    I found feedback on t150 was much better after patch 1.02 once I'd done the workaround and patch 1.03 improves it even further. Can't speak for the t300 or t500 though 
    edited June 2016
    kigmadwak said:
    Good to have news from you. I was thinking about you while posting the above message. Not sure, but I think you have better to stay to patch 1.02 with the workaround a little bit more... it was not working for me anymore yesterday, that's why I downloaded patch 1.03. I have to test more tonight, but for me 1.02 + working workaround is better than patch 1.03. To be confirmed...

I opened a discussion about FFB & T300 on PS4, to discuss that sort of things. It's here : http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/42481/lets-talk-ffb-settings-for-t300-ps4#latest
  • AntonyBainAntonyBain Member New Car Smell
    Has anyone tried with a T500 yet? Am reluctant to try. Still on first patch at present and like how it feels. Any feedback would be appreciated.