Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.2. Found a bug? Post it here!

jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
Hello! 

If you come across any problems with the Version 1.2 update, or find a bug that might have just slipped through the cracks, let us know on this thread!

Thanks - and hope you all enjoy the update to the game. :) 

The DiRT Team

Comments

• MakrishMakrish Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2016
    I forgot:  Thank you for your great job to this .. but i got an additional question to the Game´s Engine in the reason of this update

V1.2 downloaded 
    CV1 enabled + SLI Enabled
    Game Started
    Ghosting with VR + SLI ?  you made it to the actuallyst Version of SDK? Why there is no VR SLI support / Gameworks VR support right now?

I think SLI is a must have feature for High Performance VR solutions...  (is the Gameworks VR software code integrated to the code of Dirt Rally?? )
    i cant understand that most publishers not intrested in high performance VR .. and NV made her code j4that

Greets Stefan

Post edited by Makrish on
  • XcellMiguelXcellMiguel Member New Car Smell
    The motion blur turning on and off all the time is still there...
    It's very annoying and disturbing when playing with the hood cam.

Will it be fixed ? It was not there during development, it showed up with a previous update (1.1 or before).

Also, can you add a setting to turn off motion blur completely ?
    I really don't like it when I play at more than 60 FPS, I'm using a 144Hz screen so motion blur is just useless.

Video showing the bug :

• ExiledslinkyExiledslinky Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2016
    First issue ive found with Rift CV1.  Using Fanatec SWB-v2 Steering  locks and full throttle into the wall.  Not until crashed can you regain control.  Ive rebooted, validated files in steam and get the same issue in every mode.  Once i load with out VR problem  doesnt happen .

CPU SPECS

Intel i7 4790k
    32gb ddr 3 ram
    dual 480rx cards Also Tried on other system running dual Titans. Same CPU and Ram  
    Disabled 1 of each GFX card and tried that way as well.  

game is being played off a SSD 

• KalabaleekKalabaleek Member New Car Smell
    I've been playing Dirt all day in VR and am having a complete blast!

BUT when I started the weekly event and finished the first stage, the next one or the one after won't load into VR mode!
    It stays stuck at the small floating window and that one jumps around like crazy depending on the suspension travel.
    That killed my front lights and made it SUPER difficult to race! So my weekly is destroyed sadly.

• carmastrikescarmastrikes Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2016
    You've added some kind of awful DoF effect or something as well as some other graphical stuff that makes the game look absolutely horrible.  It's like I've been kicked back to 2007.  I don't know if this is because the game thinks I have a VR headset when I don't, or what, but it keeps defaulting to minimum resolution, and I can't play it in windowed mode (like I used to always do) at all because it messes with the aspect ratio horribly, and even when I set the resolution to 1080p it stays in 360 or whatever until I go fullscreen.  it seriously makes the game look like crap and I can't find anything in the settings or anything that would possibly fix this.  This is seriously low.   I get a 10.2GB patch that adds no new content for me and ruins the game.  Love it.

(edit:)
    CPU: i7 4790
    RAM: ddr3 16gb
    GPU: GTX 970
    game is installed to my D drive (HDD)

I seriously don't know if this is a bug but I'm 99% convinced the game is in VR mode and I don't think there's anything in the settings to make it go back to normal)
  • CamybCamyb Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2016
    same kind of issue as guy above.
    any help with this http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/42870/grahpics-off-after-1-2-update/p1?new=1
    before update

after Update

• versediversedi Member Petrol Head
    edited July 2016
    Anyone having problems with Logitech G27 not detected? Windows sees it, calibration works - in DR no choice for wheel :( Played recently before the update and nothing changed besides Windows Updates on my end.

Edit: I did update Nvidia Expierence to beta version as it allows for recording desktop and borderless without problems.
    Probable cause: Nvidia Expierience updated to beta version. Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/1/481115363859749905/
    Funny thing I did use previous version of the beta without problems before reinstalling my OS.
    Any chance for looking into that? @KickUp , @Hatward - u want a box of cookies send to you all? :)

Edit2: Thread with bug report in Geforce forum:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/884779/latest-gfe-update-breaks-logitech-g27-wheel-support-with-dirt-rally/?offset=3#4927797

Edit3: Searching for a workaround I've discovered that stopping the services and killing processes responsible for Geforce Experience allows to detect the wheel. I'll try to dig deeper if I can narrow it down to specific service or process.
    Re-enabling the services is not causing the bug again - so it's possible to use it with DR.
    Post edited by versedi on
    „The speed was okay, but the corner was too tight.”

• Achilles84Achilles84 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2016
    Since the latest update, when I launch the game, it gets past the splash screens to the Dirt Rally title screen but the audio is popping and crackling. This lasts for 4 or 5 seconds then the game and steam crashes or sometimes it will be ok until I press start, then it will crash.
    Video of Crash

My machine:
    Windows 10
    i5 6600k
    ASROCK Fatal1ty Gaming K4
    16gb G.SKILL RipJaws V Series
    ASUS GTX 760
    Razer Kraken 7.1 Headphones - Friend with same headphones and another user on steam with these headphones have same issue. Is the likely culprit.
  • CMMcBabeCMMcBabe Member, Codemasters Pit Crew
    Since the latest update, when I launch the game, it gets past the splash screens to the Dirt Rally title screen but the audio is popping and crackling. This lasts for 4 or 5 seconds then the game and steam crashes or sometimes it will be ok until I press start, then it will crash.
    Video of Crash

My machine:
    Windows 10
    i5 6600k
    ASROCK Fatal1ty Gaming K4
    16gb G.SKILL RipJaws V Series
    ASUS GTX 760
    Razer Kraken 7.1 Headphones - Friend with same headphones and another user on steam with these headphones have same issue. Is the likely culprit.
    Could you try:

If updating to the latest drivers for your sound device does not fix this you'll want to try changing the playback properties from 44KHz to 48KHz. This is done by right clicking the audio device in the (windows audio control panel) playback list, choosing properties, clicking the advanced tab and then changing the format to 24bit 48KHz.

• Matmac0013Matmac0013 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2016
    I'm delete my message, I don't bug. Sorry for my message...
    Post edited by Matmac0013 on
  • OliwenOliwen Member New Car Smell
    After the latest  update version 1.2 i can't launch the game. The only thing that happens is that Dirt Rally splash screen shows up for 2 seconds and then i'm back in the Oculus Rift virtual living room.
    Assetto Corsa and Project Cars are working with out any problems.
    Latest Nvidia drivers downloaded and Dirt Rally re-installed w/out any success.

Win10
    Z170Pro Gaming Moderboard
    i7-6700k
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

• CMMcBabeCMMcBabe Member, Codemasters Pit Crew
    Oliwen said:
    After the latest  update version 1.2 i can't launch the game. The only thing that happens is that Dirt Rally splash screen shows up for 2 seconds and then i'm back in the Oculus Rift virtual living room.

Win10
    i7-6700k
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

Are you using a sound card or specific headphones (rather than the Oculus ones)?
  • TURBODEVIN19TURBODEVIN19 Member Petrol Head
    Oliwen said:

Win10
    i7-6700k
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

Do you have multiple monitors connected?

Steam
    : turbodevin | GFWL: TURBODEVIN19 | Twitter: turbodevin

DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally VR | DTM Race Driver 3 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport LBE | F1 2013 CE | Toybox Turbos

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition
  • OliwenOliwen Member New Car Smell
    CMMcBabe said:
    Oliwen said:

Win10
    i7-6700k
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

Are you using a sound card or specific headphones (rather than the Oculus ones)?
    I have only one monitor connected and i'm using oculus headphones. Moderboard sound card used.

Everything works fine now after i removed all previous files and did a second re-installation of Dirt rally.
    Thanks

versedi said:
    Anyone having problems with Logitech G27 not detected? Windows sees it, calibration works - in DR no choice for wheel :( Played recently before the update and nothing changed besides Windows Updates on my end.

My G27 is working properly / fine. 

• XcellMiguelXcellMiguel Member New Car Smell
    versedi said:

Edit: I did update Nvidia Expierence to beta version as it allows for recording desktop and borderless without problems.
    Probable cause: Nvidia Expierience updated to beta version. Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/1/481115363859749905/
    Funny thing I did use previous version of the beta without problems before reinstalling my OS.
    Any chance for looking into that? @KickUp , @Hatward - u want a box of cookies send to you all? :)

Edit2: Thread with bug report in Geforce forum:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/884779/latest-gfe-update-breaks-logitech-g27-wheel-support-with-dirt-rally/?offset=3#4927797

Edit3: Searching for a workaround I've discovered that stopping the services and killing processes responsible for Geforce Experience allows to detect the wheel. I'll try to dig deeper if I can narrow it down to specific service or process.
    Re-enabling the services is not causing the bug again - so it's possible to use it with DR.
    Same here with a Thrustmaster TX Wheel and latest Nvidia GFE update...
    No answer?? Annoying that no one is intrested in High Performance SLI Systems (with wounderful prework from Nvidia) :neutral:
  • bj75bj75 Member New Car Smell
    Since V1.2 on the onboard views some audio files aren't played http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4kcz1t , this results in an annoying mute during gear shift.

W7 Pro, I7-2600, GTX960, SB X-Fi 5.1 ...

W7 Pro, Z170-K, I7-6700, 16GB DDR4, GTX960, 2x1TB 7200 (Raid 0)
  • schmaselschmasel Member New Car Smell
    bj75 said:
    Since V1.2 on the onboard views some audio files aren't played http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4kcz1t , this results in an annoying mute during gear shift.

Same here. Sounds like some missing samples. Pretty annoying. I checked it on several cars but cockpit view only. Don't know if it appears in a RC-Car View as well?!
    "The speed was okay, but the corner was too tight"
    -Juha Kankkkunen-
  • BurkeWellsBurkeWells Member New Car Smell
    schmasel said:
    bj75 said:

Same here. Sounds like some missing samples. Pretty annoying. I checked it on several cars but cockpit view only. Don't know if it appears in a RC-Car View as well?!
    Yes indeed, same here, too. I only use cockpit view and it's driving me nuts. Please, please fix this audio bug.