Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Which is the best rally game ever made?

The forum doesn't allow more than 10 choices for polls, so I created one on surveymonkey.com, which was the easiest of online survey sites to copy-paste a list and create a poll on.

The survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZRNGT2N

Sorry for missed ones.
You can identify your favorite one from my video. (Which doesn't include some of choices in the survey.)

Comments

• nfsking2000nfsking2000 Member New Car Smell
    Any comments? :)
  • JackKeyJackKey Member Wheel Nut
    I don't think Dirt Showdown is a rally-game at all ^^.

I'd say Colin McRae Rally 1. RalliSport Challenge 2 looked awesome, too - but sadly I never had a Console.
  • MyeniaMyenia Member New Car Smell
    My favorites were CMR3, CMR4, CMR2005, WRC3, WRC4.
    And for the rest, either I didn't like it that much, or I didn't try it.
    (I just know that Richard Burns Rally was very punitive.)
  • Quattro7Quattro7 Member New Car Smell
    Colin McRae Rally 2.0
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Would have to agree that CMR 2.0 is the best :)
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    CMR3 for me!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    Richard Burns Rally

AMD FX-8350@4.5Ghz/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion

CMR 2.0 for me as well (with CMR 2005 in a very close second!).

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• DarhourDarhour Member Pit Crew
    Realistically CMR2.0 :)
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion

I did like some aspects of RBR, particularly the mechanical damage, stages, and the proper layout of events. I was probably too young when I had it to enjoy it properly though.

For me, one thing that really kills the immersion is when you have a crash, and it just looks rubbish. Either unrealistic physics or no cosmetic damage. This is one thing that Codemasters games does the best compared to most other games on the market.

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

• doyley101doyley101 Member Wheel Nut
    edited May 2014
    WRC: Rally Evolved hands down. Outstanding graphics for a PS2 game, great physics, and DYNAMIC WEATHER AND RANDOM EVENTS. Some of the craziest moments I've ever had in a game were rallying through a forest fire in Australia, a whiteout in Sweden and dodging (usually unsuccessfully) fallling rocks on the Col de Turini, before passing a stricken Loeb who'd tumbled down the mountain to take the win! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to fire up the PS2 :)

EDIT: When are you going to reveal the results? :)
    Post edited by doyley101 on
  • shin280891shin280891 Member New Car Smell
    Haven't played many of the listed games but I'd stick with Colin McRae Rally 2.0 just for the old times' sake :)
  • ARCNoOneARCNoOne Member Unleaded
    edited June 2014
    RBR, hands down.

As several previous posters have mentioned it can be horribly unforgiving, and Codemasters has used that as an excuse to make their games more user-friendly.
    I'd like to see a hardcore option in their games, that would activate more life-like physics and realistic mechanical damage.
  • cromie89cromie89 Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2014
    Mobil 1 Rally Championship on pc. Based on the British Rally Championship, 22 cars split between 4 classes, full length stages and rallies developed using Ordinance Survey maps so 10-25 min stages, in the Ulster Rally i was actually able to tear past my own home lol. One of the most challenging racing i think due to the length of the stages. Is one of the best rally games