Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

F1 2016 - Supported Wheels

Comments

• 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    FRACTURED said:
    There is a controller adapter that maps any pad to the console you're using - previously they had no way of mapping ffb, but they had been working on a way to have the console recognise any wheel as a particular approved wheel. Could be worth a shot, think it was ChromusX or something like that 

Edit: ChronusMax plus looks like it was called. Sounds like something you take for a headache. Looks like it only applies to G25/G27 right now, PS4 specific version maps either of them as a G29. Might be worth asking them via their support if it would work for fanatec rather than have to shell out for new wheel/new console/new pc
    Been down that road mate, spare you the trouble. Nothing but frustration and a wheel that is not supporting any ffb or just a bit. Not worth the trouble.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    I use a pad anyways Marcel, was just a thought as I remember lookin into one for a nice PC pad I had seen
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Petrol Head
    So hoppers...............................
  • GpClubGpClub Member, Drivers Unleaded
    From Fanatec Europe Blog:

You might have already noticed that we have removed the icons to show the PlayStation compatibility on our website. So what does that mean?

As part of the licensing process for a new, officially licensed racing wheel, Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has asked us to stop promoting our unlicensed wheels as beeing PlayStation compatible and we are happy to comply with that. As soon as we have a fully licensed PlayStation wheel on the market, we will officially announce the compatibility again.

If you already purchased a Fanatec product with previously promoted PS3 or PS4 compatibility, basically nothing will change for you. The compatibility for those wheels still depends solely on the game developers and if they decide to add/keep support for their wheels in their games or not.
    If you purchase a new wheel from us from now on we will only guarantee the PC or Xbox One compatibility as advertised.

I hope you understand our position and rest assured that we do everything to make our products as compatible as possible.

I want to emphasize: "The compatibility for those wheels still depends solely on the game developers and if they decide to add/keep support for their wheels in their games or not."

Me and my community can only cancel our pre-order. 
    Thanks anyway...
    This is my Ps4 online league site: http://gpclub.forumfree.it/
    edited August 2016
    mgmikeyt said:
    Surely with CM being an independent studio they can support any wheel they choose to? My Fanatec CSR Elite works on PS4 (Pcars, dirt rally, even F1 2015) so there is no reason it can't work with F1 2016. The Fanatec/PS4 comparability was the only reason I made the switch from Xbox to PS... Looks like this game, which I've anticipated for 2 years, is going to cost me the price of a gaming PC.

@jennyannem can you comment about my statement/question about independent studios being able to support any peripheral they like? CM have supported Fanatec wheels up to now. What has changed?
    We are all in your same situation... 10 people that bought ps4 to play F1 2015 for fanatec support. 
  • JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Wheel Nut
    I totally disagree about the fact that Codemasters don't support Fanatec wheels despite others company do. Kunos will be an example of it. 
  • mgmikeytmgmikeyt Member Unleaded
    I'm hoping they are just stating in official comms that the wheels are not supported and we will discover next Friday that Fanatec wheels work, they have the wheel drivers from Fanatec anyway and have done so on all other CM games... I'm not getting my hopes up too much though and am already looking at building a gaming PC or reluctantly buying a Thrustmaster. I'd hate to do the latter but those are my only 2 options if CM are truly not supporting Fanatec wheels.

Come on CM, you say you are "making every effort to support your community" but given how easy it would be to make Fanatec wheels compatible and that the Sony/Fanatec issue was down to how Fanatec were marketing their products on their website, it doesn't appear that you are "making every effort".

I really hope they are just publicly saying the things that Sony want them to say and all us Fanatec users who bought a PS4 simply because our wheels would work will not be left with an extremely bitter taste in our mouths.

Mike.
  • Abbeyroadnw8Abbeyroadnw8 Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2016
    It is very sad because Codemasters has made wonders with Dirt Rally on PS4 with the Fanatec Rim. After more than 4 months I am not tired of this game :(
    Let's hope they will change their mind. Anyway whose fault it is is very unclear... Maybe each one of Fanatec, CM and Sony has a responsibility in it...

Truth is it is not encouraging for the future (AC which will be released in 2 weeks for instance apparently won't either work with Fanatec on PS4 as I heard).

Whoever fault it is, it is not very fair to allow compatibility in the first place (Project Cars, F1 2015, WRC 5, SLRE and DR) and take it back then.
  • JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Wheel Nut
    Our community Torneo Nocturo (Spanish league since 2006 which has played of all the codemasters tittle) has some of our drivers who has a Fanatec wheel, when Codemasters decide not support their wheels, they are harming not also our friends but also our league. 
    Hence, if that is a question from Sony which evolves the next driving titles such as Assetto Corsa or F1 2016, it is a Fanatec company problem, on the other hand, if that is a question from Codemasters, I would like that Codemasters reconsider to change this issue in order to benefice all the leagues. 
    Thank you in advance.
  • jarrod63jarrod63 Member New Car Smell
    Code masters you have done all this hard work to improve the game this year and then let down the community by not supporting fanatec wheels. they were supported last year so I'm not buying into any rubbish about the sony and fanatec conflict. That is just another load of crap just like how when ps4 came out all wheels didn't work because they needed a special chip.

If fanatec are not supported you will lose a large part of the community this year. I personally went out and bought a fanatec last year to be able to play f1 2015
  • Nivek990Nivek990 Member New Car Smell
    It is unacceptable that all Fanatec users can not use their steering wheel on ps4. You could say it before. We must find a solution quickly.
  • mgmikeytmgmikeyt Member Unleaded
    I personally see the lack of communications around this as a good sign... I think that CM are publicly saying what Sony want them to but secretly will have implemented the Fanatec drivers into the final build or day 1 patch. It's not much work and there isn't anything stopping them from doing it... Maybe i'm just naive, maybe i'm just stupid, maybe i'm just desperate but I can't help but think that if they really couldn't do anything about it they would be more vocal in explaining why.

I'm going to hold back on building a gaming PC for a week... I'll do the research on components and have my list ready to order but will hold off until I know for sure that Fanatec's won't work.
    I've opened a petition to ask sony and fanatec to restore the support for fanatec wheels

https://www.change.org/p/sony-computer-entertainment-sce-restore-fanatec-wheel-support-on-sony-ps4-for-game-developers
  • fbetesfbetes Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2016
    I'm sorry for my english.

I'm another Fanatec wheel owner affected. I think this issue is unacceptable!!! Obviously I'm not going to buy another wheel to play F1 2016 game...

Codemasters: no Fanatec support? Order cancelled! It's simple. Lot of friends and me (we play in a league) have cancelled the order because of the lack of Fanatec support. We are Fanatec owners, and obviously we are not going to buy a licensed wheel to play to your game. We bought a PS4 because of the "compatibility" with Fanatec, F1 2015 is compatible with Fanatec, Dirt Game is compatible with Fanatec wheel, and F1 2016 won't be. Why? 

-Lee Mather Twitter - "it's an issue beyond our control"
    -Fanatec- The compatibility for those wheels still depends solely on the game developers and if they decide to add/keep support for their wheels in their games or not.
    -Sony - Silence

We will wait for Assetto Corsa and we will see the compability with Fanatec wheels. 

Obviously if there's lack of compability between AC and Fanatec wheels will be a Sony imposition. However, if AC is compatible with Fanatec wheels, Codemasters is not telling the true...

i really hope hope this issue will be resolved because you are going to loose a lot of customers, Codemasters. 

El problema de los volantes y las consolas es una auténtica mafia!!!

• jaykaybejaykaybe Member, Drivers Unleaded
    I found this comment in the fanatec forums

I have it on good authority from a UK game designer that any game running SDK 3.5 or newer (basically any PS4 game from August) can't support Fanatec wheels. This means that PS4 titles such as Assetto Corsa, F1 2016 and GT Sport may not be playable. This is until a licensing deal is done. Rumour has it that the issue is purely between Fanatec and Sony and not the game developers. Project Cars apparently did something very dodgy and are still in Sony's bad books. I hope this issue gets sorted because I have a premium Fanatec rig that I would like to use on PS4, particularly with VR coming. I can obviously go PC sim racing but I enjoy the social aspect of racing on PS4 with friends that won't invest in a PC. 

If this is true we really have to blame Sony because they seem to have changed their mind concerning wheel/peripheral compatibility on ps4...
  • DarkRedslayerDarkRedslayer Member Race Steward
    jaykaybe said:
    I found this comment in the fanatec forums

I have it on good authority from a UK game designer that any game running SDK 3.5 or newer (basically any PS4 game from August) can't support Fanatec wheels. This means that PS4 titles such as Assetto Corsa, F1 2016 and GT Sport may not be playable. This is until a licensing deal is done. Rumour has it that the issue is purely between Fanatec and Sony and not the game developers. Project Cars apparently did something very dodgy and are still in Sony's bad books. I hope this issue gets sorted because I have a premium Fanatec rig that I would like to use on PS4, particularly with VR coming. I can obviously go PC sim racing but I enjoy the social aspect of racing on PS4 with friends that won't invest in a PC. 

If this is true we really have to blame Sony because they seem to have changed their mind concerning wheel/peripheral compatibility on ps4...
    I have serious doubts about that.
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    edited August 2016
    FRACTURED said:
    There is a controller adapter that maps any pad to the console you're using - previously they had no way of mapping ffb, but they had been working on a way to have the console recognise any wheel as a particular approved wheel. Could be worth a shot, think it was ChromusX or something like that 

Edit: ChronusMax plus looks like it was called. Sounds like something you take for a headache. Looks like it only applies to G25/G27 right now, PS4 specific version maps either of them as a G29. Might be worth asking them via their support if it would work for fanatec rather than have to shell out for new wheel/new console/new pc
    Been down that road mate, spare you the trouble. Nothing but frustration and a wheel that is not supporting any ffb or just a bit. Not worth the trouble.
    Have you tried the GIMX? You have to build it yourself but it appears to work well.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |