Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

F1 2016 - Supported Wheels

Comments

• fbetesfbetes Member New Car Smell

Finally ASSETTO CORSA seems to be compatible with Fanatec wheels...
  • DarkRedslayerDarkRedslayer Member Race Steward
    fbetes said:

Finally ASSETTO CORSA seems to be compatible with Fanatec wheels...
    That's promising. I was hoping to get AC on console so I could league race with my friends. 
  • xNiclasxNiclas Member New Car Smell
    As i said: Clearly Codemasters fault. 

I was really looking forward to F1 2016. All my friends are playing on PS4 and i'm the only one who can't. 
  • mgmikeytmgmikeyt Member Unleaded
    I strongly suspect that Fanatec wheels will work with F1 2016 on ps4.
  • DarkRedslayerDarkRedslayer Member Race Steward
    mgmikeyt said:
    I strongly suspect that Fanatec wheels will work with F1 2016 on ps4.
    Codemasters has stated otherwise, so I'll wait for video proof.
    They've not technically said that Fanatec wheels won't work on PS4. Granted, I'm being very optimistic here and will be gutted if my wheel doesn't work but several factors make me think it will.
  • xNiclasxNiclas Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2016
    My friends played the beta and the said that their wheels aren't working. 
    edited August 2016
    If Fanatecs won't work then they surely would just come out and confirm it but I've asked several times for clarification here and on Twitter. If CM's historic form of not responding to customers queries isn't taken into account then the only logical explanation is that they have to publicly state that Fanatec wheels are not compatible to placate Sony but really, the wheels will work just fine.

That is what I'm basing my optimism on but to be perfectly honest, the lack of response on this is appalling. I'm a potential (and long time) customer, I have a query about the product and I'm being ignored. This sort of customer service policy would not survive outside of the video game industry.

I'm also basing my optimism on the fact that CM have the Fanatec drivers, Fanatecs worked with '15, Sony aren't stopping devs providing support they are only stopping Fanatec marketing their wheels as PS4 compatible and there will be a giant po o storm if thousands of Fanatec users find out they've just wasted £40-£50. Only a small portion of F1 game customers are on the forums.

My fingers are still crossed.
  • F1randokalbus22F1randokalbus22 Member, Drivers Race Steward
    Yemgmikeyt said:
    If Fanatecs won't work then they surely would just come out and confirm it but I've asked several times for clarification here and on Twitter. If CM's historic form of not responding to customers queries isn't taken into account then the only logical explanation is that they have to publicly state that Fanatec wheels are not compatible to placate Sony but really, the wheels will work just fine.

That is what I'm basing my optimism on but to be perfectly honest, the lack of response on this is appalling. I'm a potential (and long time) customer, I have a query about the product and I'm being ignored. This sort of customer service policy would not survive outside of the video game industry.

I'm also basing my optimism on the fact that CM have the Fanatec drivers, Fanatecs worked with '15, Sony aren't stopping devs providing support they are only stopping Fanatec marketing their wheels as PS4 compatible and there will be a giant po o storm if thousands of Fanatec users find out they've just wasted £40-£50. Only a small portion of F1 game customers are on the forums.

My fingers are still crossed.
    Yeah , Codemasters are not responding to us
  • pover74pover74 Member New Car Smell
    they wont i tried to ring them straight to voice mail want all people money for f1 2016 they not interested tossers

@jennyannem Please can you just respond with a simple yes or no to the following question... Will Fanatec wheels work with F1 2016 on PS4?

It is a simple but vital question and one that potential customers deserve to have an explicit response to.

Assetto Corsa have announced that they will work but forgetting the in's and out's of the Sony/Fanatec dispute please just a one word answer to my question.

Many thanks,

Mike.
    Thank you for the response Jenny. Not the one I was hoping for but now at least I can make a well informed decision.

Now the question still looms about why CM aren't supporting Fanatec wheels given that it's down the the developer. Sony must be putting the pressure on you guys in some way. Not a nice situation for anyone involved.
  • jaykaybejaykaybe Member, Drivers Unleaded
    edited August 2016
    I do not think that we will hear the real reason behind this decision through any of the officials. There is noone to blame for this because it is fully understandable that no internal communication with whatever party who is involved (sony/fanatec) should be made public.

It is still a bad situation for every fanatec owner using a PS4. Glad I invested 500€ in a dedicated Xbox One Wheelrim for my Clubsport Wheel  :s
  • RaigguRaiggu Member New Car Smell
    This is problematic if independed companies so easily give up to sony bullying to dictate which wheels games should support. Sony can say what ever they want but if everyone would stay against them, it would be only empty words. Sad to see that companies doesn't have own will to do things.
    I was planning to guy this for ps4, but guest what, I don't do it. And I doesn't buy this for pc either, there are millions of better sims for pc. I could play this on XOne but w/out supported F1-wheel rim(i have CSL P1)it's big no-no. So good luck to cm on your choosen path...

Maybe it would time sue Sony big time and bring them on their knees.
  • HelmetSquadHelmetSquad Member Pit Crew
    This is all on Fanatec as far as i'm concerned. Watch as they force every customer to upgrade to their latest licensed wheel to be able to play F1 '16 and (potentially) other racing games.
    PS4 | G29 | PlaySeat Evo [Black]
  • motogpboymotogpboy Member New Car Smell
    I appreciate the candor for giving us a definitive yes/no on whether Fanatec's will work in F1 2016. Unfortunately as this was the route I went years ago to assure myself (at the time, apparently things like this change now) PS4 compatibility, my pre order has been canceled. Disappointing as a lot of us saw potential in Codemasters after Dirt Rally, and now this: another step back for CM whether it was their fault or not. 
  • EnsiFerrumEnsiFerrum Member Pit Crew
    @jennyannem What about Fanatec CSP v3 on PC? Connected directly via USB! In F1-2015 throttle and brake had a 50% deadzone. Can you please confirm that this bihaviour has been fixed with F1-2016?
    "I find your lack of communications disturbing" - Lord Darth Vader to Codemasters Community Manager
    Body is n characters too short. <- THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
    Once with professionals ...

Sys-Spec:
     Intel Core i7-6700K / 32GB RAM / ASUS Stryx GTX 1080 A8G / Creative Soundblaster Z
     Fanatec CSL Elite / Fanatec CSL Wheel P1/ Fanatec CSW Formula Carbon /
     Fanatec CSP v3 / Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake /
     Thrustmaster TH8A /
     TrackIR
     Windows Version 1703 (Build 16288.1000)
  • GpClubGpClub Member, Drivers Unleaded
    mgmikeyt said:
    @jennyannem Please can you just respond with a simple yes or no to the following question... Will Fanatec wheels work with F1 2016 on PS4?

It is a simple but vital question and one that potential customers deserve to have an explicit response to.

Assetto Corsa have announced that they will work but forgetting the in's and out's of the Sony/Fanatec dispute please just a one word answer to my question.

Many thanks,

Mike.
    Hi,

Fanatec wheels won't work with F1 2016.
    Thank you Janny for official answer. It's very sad for us that we spent 400€ and more only two or three years ago. I investigated on matter and I known that it not depends by CM. I hope you can understand our discomfort...
    This is my Ps4 online league site: http://gpclub.forumfree.it/
  • HugoAganteHugoAgante Member Wheel Nut
    Hey guys, which wheel do you guys recommend me to use on the PC? I'm not that keen on wheels and I'm just wondering what wheel could I get.

I'm not really serious about it (at least for now) but I wanted to get racing more realistically since I use a pad at the moment and I'm finding it very difficult to race without any assists on a pad -.-

I was looking at a wheel with a reasonable price (less than 400 euros would be good) and one (if possible) that could be put and taken out of a table without any problems since I'm not the only user of the computer...

Thanks in advance.