Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

F1 2016 - Supported Wheels

Comments

• EnsiFerrumEnsiFerrum Member Pit Crew
    Hey guys, which wheel do you guys recommend me to use on the PC? I'm not that keen on wheels and I'm just wondering what wheel could I get.

I'm not really serious about it (at least for now) but I wanted to get racing more realistically since I use a pad at the moment and I'm finding it very difficult to race without any assists on a pad -.-

I was looking at a wheel with a reasonable price (less than 400 euros would be good) and one (if possible) that could be put and taken out of a table without any problems since I'm not the only user of the computer...

Thanks in advance.

Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GT
    Amazon (Ger) link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00KSXV27O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I have NOT tried the pedals as I have Fanatec CSP v3.
    It doesn't have a quick-release, but a few turns on the screw and you can pull it of the shelf. But don't Forget to unplug it :-)
    "I find your lack of communications disturbing" - Lord Darth Vader to Codemasters Community Manager
    Body is n characters too short. <- THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
    Once with professionals ...

Sys-Spec:
     Intel Core i7-6700K / 32GB RAM / ASUS Stryx GTX 1080 A8G / Creative Soundblaster Z
     Fanatec CSL Elite / Fanatec CSL Wheel P1/ Fanatec CSW Formula Carbon /
     Fanatec CSP v3 / Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake /
     Thrustmaster TH8A /
     TrackIR
     Windows Version 1703 (Build 16288.1000)
  • HugoAganteHugoAgante Member Wheel Nut
    Hey guys, which wheel do you guys recommend me to use on the PC? I'm not that keen on wheels and I'm just wondering what wheel could I get.

I'm not really serious about it (at least for now) but I wanted to get racing more realistically since I use a pad at the moment and I'm finding it very difficult to race without any assists on a pad -.-

I was looking at a wheel with a reasonable price (less than 400 euros would be good) and one (if possible) that could be put and taken out of a table without any problems since I'm not the only user of the computer...

Thanks in advance.

Amazon (Ger) link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00KSXV27O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It doesn't have a quick-release, but a few turns on the screw and you can pull it of the shelf. But don't Forget to unplug it :-)
    Alright, thanks!
  • EnsiFerrumEnsiFerrum Member Pit Crew

Thanks in advance.

Alright, thanks!
    If the screw which holds the Wheel to the table feels harsch and is turning hard, just take a Piece of sandpaper and a round file to make the conus even. I have to do this on mine. A Little bit of bycicle chain fat to the contact Surface and now I can turn the screw with my Little finger :-)
    "I find your lack of communications disturbing" - Lord Darth Vader to Codemasters Community Manager
    Body is n characters too short. <- THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
    Once with professionals ...

Sys-Spec:
     Intel Core i7-6700K / 32GB RAM / ASUS Stryx GTX 1080 A8G / Creative Soundblaster Z
     Fanatec CSL Elite / Fanatec CSL Wheel P1/ Fanatec CSW Formula Carbon /
     Fanatec CSP v3 / Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake /
     Thrustmaster TH8A /
     TrackIR
     Windows Version 1703 (Build 16288.1000)
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    It sound like a disturbance in The Force. No news from either Fanatec or Sony is very frustrating and it will probably go the way discribed by several of you. We have to invest again and our expensive wheels become useless. I have spend a lot on Fanatec gear over the years just to find out being left in the cold over and over again. And that has nothing to do with the quality of the gear they produce, which is more than fine and without an equivalent in their price range. It has to do with their long term vision and not getting their license act **** together. In the end we are the losers who will draw their wallet again in order to preserve your investment (wheelbase and other non license pheripals)
    Its a bloody shame!
  • F1randokalbus22F1randokalbus22 Member, Drivers Race Steward
    Codemasters gave all what they got to make this game,i think it will be the best f1 game ever.Maybe FOM and Sony don't want that you will play with unsupported and with  a no license wheel f1 2016.
    Codemasters gave all what they got to make this game,i think it will be the best f1 game ever.Maybe FOM and Sony don't want that you will play with unsupported and with  a no license wheel f1 2016.
    I see it a little different. If  Sony wants a licensed wheel they should either make it themselves or pay the company who is willing to make a wheel with their brand on it. In the end it comes down to the money. **** the customer.
  • F1randokalbus22F1randokalbus22 Member, Drivers Race Steward
    I see it a little different. If  Sony wants a licensed wheel they should either make it themselves or pay the company who is willing to make a wheel with their brand on it. In the end it comes down to the money. **** the customer.
    Most likely Fanatec haven't paid for the lincense 
  • pover74pover74 Member New Car Smell
    just to let you no fanatec wheels do not work got f1 2016 on ps4 a no go for fanatec

• DarkRedslayerDarkRedslayer Member Race Steward
    This is all on Fanatec as far as i'm concerned. Watch as they force every customer to upgrade to their latest licensed wheel to be able to play F1 '16 and (potentially) other racing games.
    Says the guy with a G27 clone from a company that had 0 support on PS4 :P Fanatec haven't changed their stance. Only difference is now they are actually more likely to make a supported wheel, because they aren't allowed to market their current wheels as PS4 compatible anymore.
  • motogpboymotogpboy Member New Car Smell
    I guess we'll know if AC actually does support Fanatec wheels upon release, this will be on CM and the blame game can have its lamb. 
  • Laurent701Laurent701 Member Unleaded
    Here the same, my csr don't work on ps4 with f1 2016.

• HelmetSquadHelmetSquad Member Pit Crew
    edited August 2016
    This is all on Fanatec as far as i'm concerned. Watch as they force every customer to upgrade to their latest licensed wheel to be able to play F1 '16 and (potentially) other racing games.
    Says the guy with a G27 clone from a company that had 0 support on PS4 :P Fanatec haven't changed their stance. Only difference is now they are actually more likely to make a supported wheel, because they aren't allowed to market their current wheels as PS4 compatible anymore.
    I'm not defending Logitech am I?

I'd love to know the ins/outs of who decided not to back-date the license for existing wheels and made the decision to release a new wheel that is licensed - forcing all fanatec customers to have to buy a new wheel if they want to use their existing wheels on new games.

EDIT: did I use the word "wheels" enough?
    PS4 | G29 | PlaySeat Evo [Black]

I'd love to know the ins/outs of who decided not to back-date the license for existing wheels and made the decision to release a new wheel that is licensed - forcing all fanatec customers to have to buy a new wheel if they want to use their existing wheels on new games.

Agree for the most with both of you, however, and I have stated my opinion earlier in this tread, both Fanatec and Sony are to blame for the situation that has occured now. Fanatec does not have their act together regarding the license towards Sony, probably resulting in the development of a new wheel with the Sony brand printed on it and us poor customers have to buy new wheels again.. Very frustrating. I was forced from PS4 to X1 because all my league friends have an X1. For now I'm lucky and my Fanatec gear is still supported. But, it is a shame that we suffer from arguements between the Fanatec and Sony. 
  • GpClubGpClub Member, Drivers Unleaded

In fact I bought a T300 Thrustmaster and I will never buy a fanatec. F1 series by codemaster are the only games I play and I've choose the ps4 after xbox 360 only because of the fanatec support in f1 2015. I will never buy a product if  it is not produced by a big company. This is my experience.... 420 € spent only 2 years ago for to spend other 280 € today... This is my advice for all people that have had my same experience.
    This is my Ps4 online league site: http://gpclub.forumfree.it/
  • MatthewR44MatthewR44 Member New Car Smell

Anyone know if Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback Racing Wheel Xbox One is compatible as I cant see it in the list CM supplied.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thrustmaster-TMX-Force-Feedback-Racing-Wheel-Xbox-One-/301986144257?hash=item464fc6e001:g:lX0AAOSwXeJXdlWo

• DauntingConchDauntingConch Member, Drivers Co-Driver

Anyone know if Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback Racing Wheel Xbox One is compatible as I cant see it in the list CM supplied.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thrustmaster-TMX-Force-Feedback-Racing-Wheel-Xbox-One-/301986144257?hash=item464fc6e001:g:lX0AAOSwXeJXdlWo

It's listed on the supported devices on the first page of this thread so should work fine. 
  • MatthewR44MatthewR44 Member New Car Smell

It's listed on the supported devices on the first page of this thread so should work fine. 

I see it under the PC list but not under XBOX One
  • DauntingConchDauntingConch Member, Drivers Co-Driver

I see it under the PC list but not under XBOX One

Xbox One

Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 with wheel rimThrustmaster TMX
    Hori Racing Wheel Controller Xbox OneThrustmaster TX – F1 rim
    Logitech G920 Racing WheelThrustmaster TX – Ferrari 458 rim
    MadCatz Pro RacingThrustmaster TX – Ferrari GTE rim
    Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider RacingThrustmaster TX – TM Leather 28 GT
    Xbox One Controller

This is a copy and paste of the list, it's definitely there! 
  • JeanVeranoJeanVerano Member New Car Smell
    I am totally pissed off by companys not able to keep on Service to their customers.

Preordered the game for ps4 and got it today... Needed several setup tries with on and off and USB in and out for my club sport to realize that there will no option appear in the games menu for my f1 wheel.... My f1 playseat was well positioned and I was happy to reenter the world of codies f1 after buying and playing all games since 2010 with different gear...

finding my perfect setup for joining you all online for having some fun seems not so perfect... I am in doubt if it is the ps4 the playseat or fanatec... I am afraid its Codemasters this time cause the Statement from fanatec exists some longer and there was f1 2015 working fine...

I wonder if I may send my 2016 copy to codies office and get back my 70€ for not delivering a working game like others do...

totally disappointed - watch out for a cheap 15min used ps4 ebay offer 
  • SiDaRiSiDaRi Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2016
    1.   :( Logitech MOMO racing feedback wheel does not work, it shows in settings but when i try to do anything with the wheel or pedals, nothing happens. FIX IT PLEASE