Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.21. Found a bug? Post it here!

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
Hi all,

We've released our latest patch for DiRT Rally today! Here's what the update will bring:

Version 1.21 Fix list - Steam

·         Graphics - Improvements to significantly reduce object popping during track intros and replays in VR.

·         Graphics - Wheel will no longer lock to the left if you use the ultra low graphical preset.

·         Graphics - Desktop image when playing in VR is no longer stretched.

·         Graphics - Improvements to prevent the environment popping in the distance during a dynamic replay in VR.

·         Game - You can now remap the headset position reset function in Controls for VR.

·         Game - You can no longer press pause during the fade to black when you restart an event in VR.

·         Audio - Razer Kraken will no longer cause the game to crash on boot.

·         HUD - Split time will no longer overlap co-driver calls in VR.

·         HUD - Repair puncture tooltip will no longer overlap speedometer in VR.

·         HUD - Legibility improvements for smaller text elements in VR.

·         HUD - Hud should no longer fall into your line of sight on hills if you have VR Vehicle Camera Motion turned on.

·         HUD - Fix to prevent the "Recover Vehicle" tooltip remaining on screen when you have accepted an invite during gameplay.

·         UI - Stereoscopic Rendering and V-Sync are removed when playing the game in VR.

·         UI - VR Options in HUD are removed if you are not playing in VR.

·         UI - A Message will now be displayed if you access the Steam Overlay in VR letting you know to take off your headset.

·         UI - Certain pop up messages should now display correctly in VR.

Version 1.21 Fix list - Oculus

·         Graphics - Grass popping issue on a specific corner during replays on Lydden Hill has been fixed.

·         Graphics - Improvements to prevent shadows popping on the edge of your vision.

·         Graphics - Desktop image now only shows one image.

·         Graphics - Lighting tweaks to improve visual balance.

·         Graphics - Wheel will no longer lock to the left if you use the ultra low graphical preset.

·         Graphics - Driver & Co-Driver heads are no longer rendered on top of trees during replays.

·         Network - If the headset is removed during the starting countdown, the game will no longer pause the game for that player.

·         UI - Intensity rating is now displayed during the load for Rallycross events.

·         HUD - Hud should no longer fall into your line of sight on hills if you have VR Vehicle Camera Motion on.

·         HUD - Repair puncture tooltip will no longer overlap speedometer.

·         HUD - Improvements to layout and legibility for smaller text elements.

·         Racenet - Hillclimb now works with Crest.

·         Game - You can now remap the headset position reset function in Controls for VR.

·         Game - You can no longer press pause during the fade to black when you restart an event.

If you come across any problems with the update, or find a bug that might have just slipped through the cracks, please let us know on this thread.

Thanks - and hope you all enjoy the update to the game!

The DiRT Team

Comments

• Snaky115Snaky115 Member Co-Driver
    Is it just me, or do external replay cameras now quite loudly playback Gravel noises that were usually restricted to the inside cameras only? Only the replay flying camera noticed atm.
    FX-8350, 16GB, RX480 8GB Red Devil
    And a KEYBOARD! #KeyBro (Gamer mode until Sim improves)
    #Latvia
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    I noticed when watching vajb's stream that the sound continues after crossing the finish line, instead of going all silent as it normally does.
    "it's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are"
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    yep many reported that on steam forums already porky.
  • rfh12005rfh12005 Member New Car Smell
    Hi there,
    I can't play this at the moment.  Sound is intermittent (it's the only game that has this issue).  It's like that on menus and during rallies too - I can't hear anything for lots of a stage.
  • rfh12005rfh12005 Member New Car Smell
    Actually - it's ok. I had skype running in the background and that's what caused the sound issue (even though I don't use skype)!
    Apologies
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    edited August 2016
    Yea the engine sound is still played after the stage is finished. In leagues at the result the sound from replay causes some pause after proceeding futher and stutters a bit - then turns off and everything comes back to normal from loading screen. 

When you pause a replay the sound played in that moment is still played.
    Post edited by versedi on
  • BusterbviBusterbvi Member Wheel Nut
    Hi Christina.

Is it possible to make these updates / patches optional on Steam and not automatic ? Many members complained about this after the last 10GB update for VR users. I dont use VR and not likely to, it really annoys me that I have to sacrifice all that HD space for a feature that I will not use. Same for this latest patch, looking through the release notes its all for VR users again and nothing there that I need. Further, browsing around Steam this morning, it has appeared to have introduced sound issues. I am certainly not going to launch Dirt Rally knowing its going to be zapped by a patch that is going to cause a problem !

Why not create a patch / update depository on Steam, shove everything in there so we have the option to choose if we want the update or not. It seems to me that every update brings more issues & bugs and many people are quite happy with the game just the way it is. This way if  I decide to go VR at some point down the road, I can download the required updates so I am compatible and happy days.

Logitec G25. Asus Z87 Pro. HX750 PSU. Win7/64. i7-4770k (stock) + True 120 cooler. 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866mhz. 120 GB Force SSD. 1 TB Evo SSD. EVGA GTX 980ti SC.  Asus 32 inch 4K Monitor. 2.1 Sound.  Serving wench & lap dancing facilities.
    Buster, there were more than just VR stuff in the VR patch - some files were also altered/improved. However, since Dirt Rally's logic is as flawless as a teenager's face, it re-downloads files that have been altered by the devs, making the patch size a lot larger than it should be. Just pointing that out! It's not *all* VR. ;)
    "it's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are"
  • CMMcBabeCMMcBabe Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    We are investigating the audio problems right now.Busterbvi said:
    Hi Christina.

Is it possible to make these updates / patches optional on Steam and not automatic ? Many members complained about this after the last 10GB update for VR users. I dont use VR and not likely to, it really annoys me that I have to sacrifice all that HD space for a feature that I will not use. Same for this latest patch, looking through the release notes its all for VR users again and nothing there that I need.

You did not lose any HD space, the game was roughly the same size before and after.  Due to the way Steam works if a file is altered then the entire file has to be downloaded again, rather than just the change.  We had made a lot of track changes which meant the entire file had to be downloaded again.
    Oh right, it's Steam's fault - not Dirt's. My bad.
  • BusterbviBusterbvi Member Wheel Nut
    Thanks for the clarification chaps but I still feel that we should be able to choose if we want the update or not.

Logitec G25. Asus Z87 Pro. HX750 PSU. Win7/64. i7-4770k (stock) + True 120 cooler. 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866mhz. 120 GB Force SSD. 1 TB Evo SSD. EVGA GTX 980ti SC.  Asus 32 inch 4K Monitor. 2.1 Sound.  Serving wench & lap dancing facilities.
    wow just tried the 205 t16 the sound is so terrible now ! :s

please put it back.
  • Superd00psSuperd00ps Member Unleaded
    In the Audio menu: Effects, Engines and Surfaces sliders do not go to zero. They all stop at 50% minimum! Maybe related to the continuing audio after a stage run, gravel sounds in camera playback and general downgrade of audio in the game with the latest patch.

Patch 1.22.
    ASRock z170 Extreme 7+, i6700K@4.6, Corsair H110i, 16G G.Skill Trident, SLi MSI GTX 1070 Gaming z 8G, 3-Way RAID0 Samsung 950/960 Pro m.2, BenQ XL2420Z, Corsair RM1000i, Corsair 750D, G27, Win10-64.
    it sounds like engines are muffled like in a shoe box full of socks. :#

also as people reporting the engine noise carries on over the finishing line.
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    In the Audio menu: Effects, Engines and Surfaces sliders do not go to zero. They all stop at 50% minimum! Maybe related to the continuing audio after a stage run, gravel sounds in camera playback and general downgrade of audio in the game with the latest patch.

Patch 1.22.
    No, it's always been like that. They claim it prevents people from stealing the audio.
  • Superd00psSuperd00ps Member Unleaded
    JZStudios said:
    No, it's always been like that. They claim it prevents people from stealing the audio.
    Hun?! Stealing the audio? Now who would want to steal their audio? :smile:  The audio sounds like someones personal preferences that were saved to the patch.
    ASRock z170 Extreme 7+, i6700K@4.6, Corsair H110i, 16G G.Skill Trident, SLi MSI GTX 1070 Gaming z 8G, 3-Way RAID0 Samsung 950/960 Pro m.2, BenQ XL2420Z, Corsair RM1000i, Corsair 750D, G27, Win10-64.
  • MetrinSlerbaMetrinSlerba Member New Car Smell
    Co-driver gets drowned in engine noise even when engine volume is at 50% and speech at 100%
  • oyvind52oyvind52 Member New Car Smell
    I can not adjusted the volume on my car after updating, totally impossible and hear what codriver says
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    JZStudios said:
    Hun?! Stealing the audio? Now who would want to steal their audio? :smile:  The audio sounds like someones personal preferences that were saved to the patch.
    I don't get it either. People can dig in and find the audio if they want, but for some reason that's their explanation. Audio levels can't go below 50% to ensure the audio isn't stolen.
  • dwkGraveydwkGravey Member Race Engineer
    JZStudios said:
    Hun?! Stealing the audio? Now who would want to steal their audio? :smile: 
    Milestone.