Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

T300 wheel settings?

Would anybody like to share settings please . 

Comments

• HI there

I spent a couple of hours setting my T300 up today:

Streering deadzone 0
    S Linearity 25
    S Satuaration 20
    Throttle deadzone 5
    T Linearity 20
    T Saturation 0
    Brake Deadzone 0
    B Linearity 10
    Brake saturation 5

Force Feedback:
    Strength 75
    Environmental 75
    Wheel Weight 90

All Assists off. 

Let me know how you get on!
  • MBimmerMBimmer New Car Smell
    HI there

I spent a couple of hours setting my T300 up today:

Streering deadzone 0
    S Linearity 25
    S Satuaration 20
    Throttle deadzone 5
    T Linearity 20
    T Saturation 0
    Brake Deadzone 0
    B Linearity 10
    Brake saturation 5

Force Feedback:
    Strength 75
    Environmental 75
    Wheel Weight 90

All Assists off. 

Let me know how you get on!
    How was it for you? 

MSI Nightblade X2: i7 6700k/GTX 980 TI 500W 6GB DDR5/m.2 PCIe SSD 256GBx2 + 2TB/16 GB Ram /Thrustmaster T300RS/Dell 2715H/Harman Kardon Soundsticks ii

• TejuarrTejuarr Unleaded
    Cheers guys I'll have a play with it later on .
  • 266Brown266Brown New Car Smell
    Hi guys.

i had a horrible time with my t300rs. When I played the game 1st, the wheel was just terrible and I couldn't play the game at all.

i then made some changes, but only to the force feedback settings. I found that changing the wheel weight to around 80, feedback to around 90 and most important was the environmental feedback which I dropped down to 50. This helped an insane amount and all of a sudden the game was drive able. 

Regarding the linearity and all those settings I left it untouched. 

I am am playing on the ps4 tho.

hope it helps out
  • willgarlingwillgarling New Car Smell
    yeah PS4 pad is quite different, find a pad-setup thread.
    ...I'm on a G29 but noticed I came to similar Steering values, though I kept FFB Strength at 100 and reduced Wheel Weight to 31.  http://imgur.com/a/hHFqg
  • RMKIP455RMKIP455 New Car Smell
     my TX 458 w/GTE wheel

Streering deadzone 1
    S Linearity 22
    S Satuaration 5
    Throttle deadzone 5
    T Linearity 15
    T Saturation 0
    Brake Deadzone 0
    B Linearity 10
    Brake saturation 0

Force Feedback:
    Strength 93
    Environmental 80
    Wheel Weight 66

Assists Off 
  • darkdradarkdra New Car Smell
    playing on Ps4 since yesterday.
     wheel  T 300 RS

perhaps anybody can share his settings. The basic setting is  always 0 for  Streering, Throttle, and brakes.
     But it  feels squashy when cornering. The only thing i chanced yet is :

Steerung  Linearity 7

Steering  Satuaration 8
     ( especially here i would like  to increase, but setting only the  Steering  Satuaration  high makes the car impossible to control )

• MSC82MSC82 New Car Smell
    edited September 2016
    I got steering linearity 40
    gas 70
    brake 70
    everything else default. 

steering not as sensitive, can catch huge drifts in the wet. Was funny powersliding up aue rouge at spa!!
    gas and brake is for less wheel spin and more brake travel.

FFB I have them all on 100, or strength down to 90ish.

No assists. The FFB is quite basic but you can at least feel when the tyres let go.
    edited September 2016
     T300 RS up today:

Streering deadzone 0 ( setting it high, make the car react completely mad )
    S Linearity 0-40 still experimenting.
    Streering  Saturation  0-100        i like about 50. thought, that i have to compensate it with  setting  steering linearity or steering  deadzone higher. But tests with  Streering saturation to 100 showed me that changing Sterring Linearity or steering  deadzone don t make the car steer softer. I think steering saturation can be considered as independent value. Set it like you like. But you don t have to change other values.
    Throttle deadzone 0
    T Linearity ( not tested yet )
    T Saturation tested from 0 to 100. i think 100 make the power come more abrupt/sudden/aggressiv. but the differences are merely notable. i would suggest a low value like 10 or 20.
    Brake Deadzone ( not tested yet )
    B Linearity ( not tested yet )
    Brake saturation testet from 0 to 100, but did not feel the differences. as I use Anti-lock breaking system.

Force Feedback ( only set some lower values, did not really tested it )
    Strength 73
    Environmental 71
    Wheel Weight 73

@MSC82 thank you very much.
     S Linearity 40 helped. But gas and break 70 witch value ( deadzone, linearity or saturation ) ? or do you use an other wheeel ?

darkdra said:
     T300 RS up today:

Streering deadzone 0 ( setting it high, make the car react completely mad )
    S Linearity 0-40 still experimenting.
    Streering  Saturation  0-100        i like about 50. thought, that i have to compensate it with  setting  steering linearity or steering  deadzone higher. But tests with  Streering saturation to 100 showed me that changing Sterring Linearity or steering  deadzone don t make the car steer softer. I think steering saturation can be considered as independent value. Set it like you like. But you don t have to change other values.
    Throttle deadzone 0
    T Linearity ( not tested yet )
    T Saturation tested from 0 to 100. i think 100 make the power come more abrupt/sudden/aggressiv. but the differences are merely notable. i would suggest a low value like 10 or 20.
    Brake Deadzone ( not tested yet )
    B Linearity ( not tested yet )
    Brake saturation testet from 0 to 100, but did not feel the differences. as I use Anti-lock breaking system.

Force Feedback ( only set some lower values, did not really tested it )
    Strength 73
    Environmental 71
    Wheel Weight 73

@MSC82 thank you very much.
     S Linearity 40 helped. But gas and break 70 witch value ( deadzone, linearity or saturation ) ? or do you use an other wheeel ?

Linearity for gas and brake. 

Everything default. Maybe a little deadzone on brake if you rest your foot on it, depending which pedals you use. I use the T500 pedals with my T300 with a brake mod so it's very stiff. Still like a linearity between 30-70 though. 

For gas I like 70, much better modulation on early input, where sensitivity and wheelspin is most likely. 

Bare in mind that having a higher linearity means when you get to the top end of pedal travel the increase will be greater so for the brake you might lock up more but that can be dealt with by having stiff pedals like mine. If you use the default plastic pedals I don't recommend much linearity at all as you will lock up. Or to get around it you can have less brake pressure and/or move the bias rearwards. I often have my balance 55% as I like my rear to slightly swing out over steering me into the corner. Prefer that than a front brake locking and under steer. But the former is much harder to control, requiring opposite lock as you guide it to the apex. A lot to think about. 

Hope all that makes makes sense and helps. It's all down to hardware used, personal preference and car setup. 

Typo: everything else default*

typed it on phone in a hurry sorry 
    edited September 2016
    MSC82 said:
     Maybe a little deadzone on brake if you rest your foot on it.

That`s all to say about deadzone.  not necessary to set a deadzone on t 300 rs.

Increasing Saturation from default to 100 ( on Throttle/Brakes/Steering ) means you  have to move the pedal/wheel half as long as on default to reach input maximum.
    MSC82 said:
    Bare in mind that having a higher linearity means when you get to the top end of pedal travel the increase will be greater so for the brake you might lock up more but that can be dealt with by having stiff pedals like mine
    Linearity on wheel means the 100 increments to the left or to the right, the wheel  passes through till reaching full ( left / right ) steering lock [ just go on advanced wheel setting and watch "STEERING" wenn  moving  the wheel ] will increase linear when this value is on default.
    put the wheel 50 % to the left/right and the game registered 50 increments.
    setting Steering Linearity to 50 means about 31 increments at 50 %. Setting Steering Linearity to 100 means only 13 increments at 50 % steering lock, but 87 ! increments on the remaining 50-100 % steering lock.

MSC82 did explain it well. By the example of the pedal. sorry for the unneeded extra stuff.

But now comes a new information ( for me ).
    So far everything seems to be o.k. But  ... If you have raised steering saturation, like i did.  full
     ( left / right ) steering lock increases, if you increase steering linearity. 

changing Throttle/Brakes linearity have the same effect on raised  Throttle/Brakes saturation.
    Can ´t give a formula, like increase Linearity by 10 points and increase Saturation by 6 points to balance the loss of Saturation.

But all newbies like i, who fiddle around, should keep that in  mind, when Throttle/Brakes/Steering  Saturation is not on default.

provisonal result / settings i use for T 300 RS on Ps4 :

Streering deadzone 0
    S Linearity 0-73 makes sense 0 is very aggressiv when you hve raised steering saturation, but my best time trail result i reached with 0 S Linearity.
    S Satuaration  - about 41

Throttle deadzone 0
    T Linearity 50. thanks to MSC82. everyone can find out  a individual setup for this value, because it`s not difficult and time-consuming.
    T Saturation 0

Brake Deadzone 0
    B Linearity 50
    Brake saturation 50, but ABS on
    so my values for brakes should not be taken as measure
    all other assists off
  • bennyl86bennyl86 New Car Smell
    edited November 2016
    Just wondering which Mode (DOR) do you guys used or recommend with T300rs?
    Mine seems to calibrate on Mode 2 when plugged into my ps4 (To find this out press left or right directional and mode button at same time, count the number of flashes). I'm not sure if Mode 2 is 270 degrees of rotation or 360?  however I have tinkered on Mode 2 with the in game settings because I found it had too much turn in causing understeer at entry & apex then oversteer on throttle on exit, so i added more steering linearity to 20 which has helped a little with my cornering but still feel the steering angles are over the top compared to AL and other racers.
    In Mode 3, the steering angles are on par with AL but feels like theres a deadzone when trying to turn in, however I still need to tinker around with settings in this mode.

• Mode 2 is the best as that is the default one to use as any higher and you will be trying to go full lock on every corner and will delay the turn in. 
  • bennyl86bennyl86 New Car Smell
    Found from thrustmasters manuals online that:
    Mode 1 = 270 degrees
    Mode 2 = 360 degrees (default when F1 app starts)
    Mode 3 = 540 degrees
    So I've tinkered with my settings on Mode 3 since my last post and ended up with this which has helped me with more speed through the corner and smoother exits:
    Steering deadzone 0
    Steering linearity 25
    Steering saturation 30
    Throttle linearity 20 
    Brake linearity 10

I hear what your saying Hammertime, I just felt I was scrubbing off a lot of speed through the corners with Mode 2. I will try again in Mode 2 from scratch then with different settings and will compare it with Mode 3, and see which is best.
  • lexmonteirolexmonteiro New Car Smell
     Brake saturation @ 50 works, very well!
    Thanks, darkdra !