Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

PC -- FORCE FEED BACK NEED TO BE IMPROVED

The FFB need to be improved/better for Steering Wheel , the STwheel need to be heavier when you turn, it should be like Assetto Corsa...

thanks

Comments

• MBimmerMBimmer Member New Car Smell
    Had a quick run race on legend difficulty but yeah no feeling what so ever from my thrustmaster T300rs with the default settings. (Was just playing race room which has one of the best FFB out there so it is unfair comparison but i thought F1 16' ffb should be there to start with)
     i am planning to tweat the wheel settings after Man UTD match tonight. Hopefully, this should help with the ffb...

MSI Nightblade X2: i7 6700k/GTX 980 TI 500W 6GB DDR5/m.2 PCIe SSD 256GBx2 + 2TB/16 GB Ram /Thrustmaster T300RS/Dell 2715H/Harman Kardon Soundsticks ii

• RapsterRapster Member Wheel Nut
    Strange...

I've had a very good experience with the FFB thus far. Not really comparable with Assetto Corsa but I have absolutely no problem feeling the back end losing traction and can catch it before it goes. I really like it!
  • JupiterJoeJupiterJoe Member Pit Crew
    I too have very light/vague steering with my Logitech Driving Force GT.  All FFB settings were at 100% (including wheel weight), but the wheel shook in the central postion, indicating clipping, so I turned it down.  Still vague though.
    PC...but not politically correct.
  • palindrome1Hpalindrome1H Member New Car Smell
    Agreed. The FFB with my CSW V2 leaves a lot to be desired. I used the same wheel profile that I've used with F1 2013 and 2014 but the wheel freaked out on me trying to use it in 2016. I can't feel anything.
  • MarBar88MarBar88 Member New Car Smell
    I agree the FFB with Fanatec base is dissapointed. Hope it will be fixed in updates/patches.
  • EmDub2003EmDub2003 Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2016
    I'm running a Fanatec CSW V2 (and CSP V3) as well... I find there is no feedback whatsoever at "low" speeds, and most specifically no longitudinal / rotational feedback - i.e. - brake lockups and burnouts. I can feel lateral and vertical forces - i.e. back end of the car stepping out and curbs / track imperfections, although the latter seems a bit excessive now. Might be able to help a bit with Fanaleds, but... 

Really hoping a patch for improved FFB makes the priority list soon. Codies - props for finally bringing this title back to where it should have been! Love it! Obviously FFB is super-critical to the playability... 
    Post edited by EmDub2003 on
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited August 2016
    Is anyone else finding the FFB is pretty great and strong during practice sessions, but gets at least 50% weaker during qualy and races? It's very inconsistent, it can feel perfectly strong when you start the weekend, which feels fun to drive, but then the qualy or race starts and it's suddenly gone, the wheel becomes light as a feather by comparison like dialing down the FFB settings in the menu and it bugs me every time, it's super floaty compared to what it feels like initially. Driving with a T150 on PS4.
  • IcelandTBRIcelandTBR Member Wheel Nut
    I usually race with FFB at 0%, sometimes no more than 20%. I've never been a fan of it, but like just enough to feel when the car is rolling over the kerbs. In F1 2016, I have the FFB settings at a whomping 90%. I feel it's necessary to have high FFB in this game to feel how the car is really feeling.
  • iceman153iceman153 Member Unleaded
    +1 I have the the fanatic CSW V2 wheel on PC and the FFB is ridiculous, I basically only feel environmental forces, like kerbs.  Almost no feedback for over/understeer or wheelspin, ruins the new driving model.
  • DGrecoDGreco Member, Codemasters Wheel Nut
    I am really sorry guys, but at 75% weight in game and ff and for 100 in the wheel, the ffb is already clipping. I really don't know what you are talking about. I have got csw v2 at home and I can make it feel good or clipping and just be heavy all the time very easily. I use in game 100 75 70 and in the wheel FF 100 and For 100 all the rest 0 or off. 370 degrees.
  • EmDub2003EmDub2003 Member New Car Smell
    DGreco said:
    I am really sorry guys, but at 75% weight in game and ff and for 100 in the wheel, the ffb is already clipping. I really don't know what you are talking about. I have got csw v2 at home and I can make it feel good or clipping and just be heavy all the time very easily. I use in game 100 75 70 and in the wheel FF 100 and For 100 all the rest 0 or off. 370 degrees.
    @DGreco - I've played with settings and have managed to make the overall feel more to my liking, and the settings are quite similar to yours, but like @iceman153, I am not feeling the tarmac - no wheel-spin, no lockups. Can you actually feel the tyres bite? 
  • SaintEvillySaintEvilly Member Unleaded
    my 2 pennies, at least for the t300's
    set dampening on the control panel in windows to 0% - afterwards the FFB felt massively improved.

Not sure if other wheels have the same options in windows (no idea about console settings  sorry) but have a look see :)
  • Redna1LRedna1L Member New Car Smell
    I have the Fanatec V2 with F1 rim and the FFB is very disappointing. Curbs are way too strong, can't feel any grip on the road turning feels wishy washy.

Also it will just randomly switch off completely when I join a multiplayer game or switch modes to something else. Only switching the wheel off and on again brings back the FFB This happens in no other racing games that I own so it's definitely a software issue.
  • RapsterRapster Member Wheel Nut
    set dampening on the control panel in windows to 0% - afterwards the FFB felt massively improved.

Not sure if other wheels have the same options in windows (no idea about console settings  sorry) but have a look see :)
    The same should be done with 'Spring', that should be set to 0% too. Both 'Spring' and 'Damper' only distort, attenuate and dampen the FFB you get from any game.
  • MarkVenomMarkVenom Member Unleaded
    Rapster said:

The same should be done with 'Spring', that should be set to 0% too. Both 'Spring' and 'Damper' only distort, attenuate and dampen the FFB you get from any game.
    Completely incorrect. In order for ANY dampening forces to be deployed by the games FFB engine you need to have SOME level enabled on driver level or else dampening effects are hard-switched off! Unbelievable. Please stop giving advice when you don't even know the basics. The point here is to have dampening at 100% and adjust in game (or on wheel if you are on Fanatec)to your liking.

• pluckaplucka Member Unleaded
    +1, Fanatec  v1 CSW and FFB is **** poor.   No road feel what so ever, no feeling what so ever when rear starts sliding, yet when I hit curbs it almost shakes my desk apart.    Feels very floaty and wishy washy near centre.

I fired up F1 2012 and FFB was 1000% better, Dirt Rally, 2000% better, Assetto Corsa 5000% better.  F1 2016 has been the worst FFB I've ever experienced.

• AnthonyLee59AnthonyLee59 Member New Car Smell
    You would think that developers of similar genres of games would look at their competitors games and see how they run..see how certain aspects of games compare.

Anyone with Assetto Corsa / rFactor 2 etc who has a Fanatec Clubsport wheel and plays F1 2016 will immediately feel the lack of response / force feedback etc etc.
    Sure there is a long list of "supported" wheel but by supported do they mean they turn left and right and that's it?

Sloppy and no thought put in!
  • iceman153iceman153 Member Unleaded
    Totally on point Anthony, @DGreco, yes when you turn up the FFB it is super strong, and going over the kerbs will make your teeth chatter, hitting a wall may damage your wrists, the wheel is awesome.  That is not what we are talking about at all, if you've played Assetto Corsa, or even PCars like @AnthonyLee59 mentioned you should know what we mean.  The main advantage that ffb gives is that additional layer of feedback, you should be able to tell your loosing grip at the rear before you see the car going sideways.  I don't care at all about how strong the kerbs shake my hands, or how good of a workout i'm getting, it doesn't help my lap times.

I did see someone mention that turning the environmental feedback down or almost off can help a bit, have yet to give that a try.  I was also digging around the ffb settings files, and opening up the ERP archive with the ffb settings doesn't really seem to expose much, they just seem to give each wheel a different multiplyer.   I didn't see any specific settings for various in-game forces, but the .ffb file didn't seem to be in xml/text format, so I could have been missing some stuff.