Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

FANATEC FFB Discussion (updated)

transfixtransfix Member New Car Smell
edited August 2016 in F1 Games - Setups
Running CSW V2, X1 Hub, CSP V3 and SQ Shifter

Updated: I realise turning off Enviro completely gets rid of the hard knocking effect on the wheel and there is more detail coming through the FFB. I left it on 3 so it's not completey shut off. Anything above 10 brings back the knocking and causes clipping.

IN GAME
Feedback- 90
Enviro- 3 
Weight- 70
* I need to add some wheel weight otherwise it is too light.

Advanced all - 0

CSW V2
Sen -360 (1:1 mapping with F1)
FF -30
Sho- 100
Abs-60
Lin/Dea/Dri - off
Brf-50
Post edited by transfix on

Comments

• pulpetepulpete Member New Car Smell
    I run a similar gear so...

How do you know FFB causes clipping at +10 enviro? I mean, is there an app for that?
  • transfixtransfix Member New Car Smell
    pulpete said:
    I run a similar gear so...

How do you know FFB causes clipping at +10 enviro? I mean, is there an app for that?
    Hey Pulpete,

It's all in trial and error. I work each setting from 0 and anytime Environment was above 6 the hard knocking effect crept in.
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    I will give this a try. Also under the impression the enviro is causing the clipping, which is frustrating. <ore curious if this will be eleiminated completly with the new 2.5 wheelbase.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

• 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    Gave it a try and it definitly makes a difference; less clipping and easier to drive. But also under the impression there is less FFB. Hope this will be better in 2017 and the answers from the pre testers sound promising.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna