Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DRS Activation Failing

I'm running F1 on my PC and I have a key binding assigned to active my DRS on my Steering wheel. It use to work fine but today for some reason, when you press the button, it activates and deactivates instantly. The status bar on the bottom goes from available to active back to available in a split second.

I've looked behind and the wing doesn't even open when pressing the button nor holding it down and I have also tried a different key assignment on the wheel and keyboard too but no joy.

Any ideas?

Comments

• XyadasXyadas Member Wheel Nut
    Xyadas said:
    Well there's only three ways (bugs aside) for DRS to deactivate. The driver pushes the DRS button again, the brake pedal is pressed, or the car exits the DRS zone. The most plausible scenario (bugs aside again) is that the brake pedal is jittering without your input and causing the DRS to deactivate. Have you checked your calibration? Is the brake bar on the input graph in the controls menu jumping around a little bit on the bottom end?

• Wings05Wings05 Member New Car Smell
    Xyadas said:
    Xyadas said:
    Well there's only three ways (bugs aside) for DRS to deactivate. The driver pushes the DRS button again, the brake pedal is pressed, or the car exits the DRS zone. The most plausible scenario (bugs aside again) is that the brake pedal is jittering without your input and causing the DRS to deactivate. Have you checked your calibration? Is the brake bar on the input graph in the controls menu jumping around a little bit on the bottom end?
    @Xyadas No brake input showing and in the settings/calibration. They turn on and off correctly.

I'm not pressing the button again and I'm within the DRS Zone.
  • XyadasXyadas Member Wheel Nut
    Actually, you mentioned it never opens at all. It could be a DRS failure, unless this is happening across sessions consistently.

I just grabbed that from another DRS thread cause the last guy did have a brake jitter problem. Other than that I really don't know then.

• Wings05Wings05 Member New Car Smell
    Sorry, yes I did mean to say it's not a failure, it's in every session.

I might try re calibrating my wheel and see what happens.
  • ListenerListener Member New Car Smell
    I have the same problem mit my Logitech Driving Force GT, I think there is a problem with the brake deactivation from DRS. could be possible that the pedal deadzone settings did not work with the drs deactivation
  • Birch15Birch15 Member New Car Smell
    Hey team, did this get fixed. I am having the same issue using Fanatec V2.5 I have adjusted deadzone and everything else for that matter. Any ideas?
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Did you got the new Windows 10 update? Seems that a lot is messed up. Re-installing the driver might do the trick.
    If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver.
    Ayrton Senna
  • peterf1peterf1 Member Unleaded
    I get this a lot and I suspect it is a car mechanical failure... but it peeves me that there are no indications, and no message from the ever helpful Jeff to let me know this. In Vettel language. what are we #)_!&!@!0XXX23( here?
    If it was brakes I think it would be all the time, and also would deactivate half way up the straight more often, rather than not activate at all.
    Would be a minimum to have a failure mentioned in the "full report" when requested.