Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Terrible sound stuttering when racing

Help! I get terrible sound stuttering during a race. My own car is fine, it is just the AI cars. The sound is fine during Time Trial, but the stuttering also happens during the benchmark test.

FPS are steady as a rock.

Someone said changing my sound device to 48000Hz might fix it, but it didn't work for me. (It has worked for other people apparently).

People on Steam have also reported it:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/391040/discussions/0/355043117511015396/

My system specs:
CPU: i5-4670K @ 4.00GHz
GPU: HD7850TF
RAM: 8GB
MOBO: MSI Z87-G45

Thanks.

Comments

• WozzaUKWozzaUK Member New Car Smell
    I also just checked my drivers and windows told me the best one was already installed.
  • davidjgurneydavidjgurney Member, Codemasters New Car Smell
    Refer to the sticky at the top of this forum. This has been fixed and will be patched in. :)
    Audio Designer - F1
    So when is this going to be patched in? I've been away for a few months but I come back and the issue is still there.
    I tried the 48000 fix but it didn't work.
    Thanks.
    I just updated my RealTek drivers because I saw they updated them in January to "R2.81", but ...... no change. I still get the stuttering.
    Is anyone out there going to respond to me?
  • dannycarreradannycarrera Member New Car Smell
    I'm having this issue too. Says it was fixed in a patch last Aug. March 2017 now.
    I read the other day that there are no more patches now. I guess they couldn't find the answer.
  • davidjgurneydavidjgurney Member, Codemasters New Car Smell
    WozzaUK said:
    I read the other day that there are no more patches now. I guess they couldn't find the answer.
    Has the game been updated to the latest version?

Sorry I haven't replied, been away on location this past week.
    Audio Designer - F1