Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Resource Points

I have finished Season 1 with Sauber and had about 1800 Resource Points after stopping development after Singapore then signed for Toro Rosso and now I have none. 

Is this supposed to happen? 
I run the European side of PRL! Feel free to sign up here!

Comments

• SpeedMachine12SpeedMachine12 Member New Car Smell
    I have finished Season 1 with Sauber and had about 1800 Resource Points after stopping development after Singapore then signed for Toro Rosso and now I have none. 

Is this supposed to happen? 
    Yes resource points don't carry over they stay with your previous team
  • Reub09Reub09 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Wait so does that mean if @whitmarsh2 went back to Sauber would he have those points ?? @jennyannem
     #15 | PS4 | Irish | Red Bull | #blessed

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Reub09 said:
    Wait so does that mean if @whitmarsh2 went back to Sauber would he have those points ?? @jennyannem

no you only keep those points if you stay with your team I think. I think that was always going t obe the case you want those points you have to use them on the car you've done the mileage with I'm afraid. It makes sense to me as it rewards you for sticking with that team that way instead of abandoning ship.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• River1River1 Member New Car Smell
    Can someone please explain to me the point of that cease development option?
  • SadlerSadler Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    Obviously the resource points belong to the team. It's their car you are gaining points to develop.

If for example Button swapped teams mid season in real life all his development work for McLaren would still benefit McLaren and not the team he moves to.
  • ScoutDaWoodsScoutDaWoods Member New Car Smell
    edited August 2016
    @River1 If you cease you get a sizable chunk of points at the beginning of next season to jump start it. It's more lifelike because if you're not in the title race most teams will cease upgrading their current car and focus on next year to maximize their gains. Why spend time upgrading this year's car that can't win the championship when you can jump some teams at the start next year when you start on level ground. 
    PS4: ScoutDaWoods
  • Malarky94Malarky94 Member Wheel Nut
    River1 said:
    For example if you're happy with the current status of your team. Whether it be you know you won't beat that team ahead of you anymore, or you're pretty much sure you'll clinch the title anyway.

Basically it's what real F1 teams do as well. Sometimes you hear their representatives say that they've shifted their focus onto next year.
    So in-game, it means you still rack up your resource points, and just spend a load of them next season, hopefully giving you a much bigger boost than the gradual improvements. 
    So basically, if you're happy with the place you're in, or you know there's nothing to gain/lose anymore, you shift your focus for next season.

Let me give you an example:
    You drive for Ferrari and you're trying to win the title. But the first few races of the season you were either unlucky with qualifiying, or had a few DNF's here and there.. And basically it'll be a huge struggle to catch up to Mercedes. 
    You may decide to stop the development that season, concede to Mercedes, and make sure you have more points to spend the next season so you will have a much better start and thus beat Mercedes.
  • WestHam66WestHam66 Member Wheel Nut
    If you have decided towards the end of the season to move to another team, you could just not spend the points. This might impact on your performances in the short term, but would hinder your team in the next year, after you leave.
  • whitmarsh2whitmarsh2 Member Wheel Nut
    I had just watched Ben's video and found out. 
    I run the European side of PRL! Feel free to sign up here!
  • IcelandTBRIcelandTBR Member Wheel Nut
    WestHam66 said:
    If you have decided towards the end of the season to move to another team, you could just not spend the points. This might impact on your performances in the short term, but would hinder your team in the next year, after you leave.
    I've been pondering is it worth it to build up a smaller team and to have them as competition when you leave them for a bigger team. The choices we are faced with.
  • River1River1 Member New Car Smell
    Thanks for the helpful replies Malarky/Scout.
  • Joethe155Joethe155 Member Pit Crew
    What if you stay with your current team, do you keep the points at the start of the next season?
  • Stevie777Stevie777 Member Wheel Nut
    Malarky94 said:
    River1 said:
    For example if you're happy with the current status of your team. Whether it be you know you won't beat that team ahead of you anymore, or you're pretty much sure you'll clinch the title anyway.

Basically it's what real F1 teams do as well. Sometimes you hear their representatives say that they've shifted their focus onto next year.
    So in-game, it means you still rack up your resource points, and just spend a load of them next season, hopefully giving you a much bigger boost than the gradual improvements. 
    So basically, if you're happy with the place you're in, or you know there's nothing to gain/lose anymore, you shift your focus for next season.

Let me give you an example:
    You drive for Ferrari and you're trying to win the title. But the first few races of the season you were either unlucky with qualifiying, or had a few DNF's here and there.. And basically it'll be a huge struggle to catch up to Mercedes. 
    You may decide to stop the development that season, concede to Mercedes, and make sure you have more points to spend the next season so you will have a much better start and thus beat Mercedes.
    Wow thats awesome. Codies really have outdone themselves this year. Some minor issues aside ( safety car and ai not able to pass slower cars) I'm really loving this game.
  • Uday9479Uday9479 Member Unleaded
    This question is regarding F1 2017 game. After completing a season (season 1 in my case), would I get some additional resource points for the start of the new season?
    Uday9479 said:
    This question is regarding F1 2017 game. After completing a season (season 1 in my case), would I get some additional resource points for the start of the new season?
    You do I believe yes as I believe there's a text message that appears on screen after you complete Abu Dhabi that tells you how much you've earned but as to how much you get depends on how well you do I think.

Uday9479 said:
    You do I believe yes as I believe there's a text message that appears on screen after you complete Abu Dhabi that tells you how much you've earned but as to how much you get depends on how well you do I think.
    Thanks for the answer. I'm currently at Brazil. Just 2 more races left to know. I'm driving a Sauber & have used my resource points well to be as equal to McLaren. Since the resource points are less in rewards, I was hoping the team gives additional resource points at the start of the season as loyalty bonus. Also getting about 50 bonus resource points from Sponsors is handy when performing well & scoring regularly.
    Are the resource points the same amount for every team? If I were to join Force India from Sauber which I'm currently driving, would I be earning more or less resource points when compared to Sauber? Does the amount of resource points depend on the financial ability or size of the team?
    Uday9479 said:
    Are the resource points the same amount for every team? If I were to join Force India from Sauber which I'm currently driving, would I be earning more or less resource points when compared to Sauber? Does the amount of resource points depend on the financial ability or size of the team?
    No I believe it's decided purely on how well you do.