Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Microsoft Forcefeedback wheel?

Hi all,

How can I use Microsoft Forcefeedback wheel with F1 2016?

It worked brilliantly with 2014.

Many thanks in advance!

Eric

Answers

• EhmjoEhmjo Member New Car Smell
    Sorry for the incomplete message:

This is in the PC version.
    The game recoginzes the wheel, but I cannot assign pedals and some of the buttons.

Any help would be appreciated very much!

BR

Eric
    I am really dissapointed not getting any help.

Will go back to play F1 2014 since I cannot play 2016.
  • EnsiFerrumEnsiFerrum Member Pit Crew
    @Lozzy @Britpoint @Hoo ; can you please give this Customer some help?

@Ehmjo I assume you already have tried to create a custom Profile? If not:
    Navigate (Press F2 -> Settings -> Customise Controls > Control Schemes)  to this Screen:

Press F1 and assign your controls.
    "I find your lack of communications disturbing" - Lord Darth Vader to Codemasters Community Manager
    Body is n characters too short. <- THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
    Once with professionals ...

Sys-Spec:
     Intel Core i7-6700K / 32GB RAM / ASUS Stryx GTX 1080 A8G / Creative Soundblaster Z
     Fanatec CSL Elite / Fanatec CSL Wheel P1/ Fanatec CSW Formula Carbon /
     Fanatec CSP v3 / Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake /
     Thrustmaster TH8A /
     TrackIR
     Windows Version 1703 (Build 16288.1000)
  • LozzyLozzy Member, Codemasters Champion
    Hi @Ehmjo, unfortunately that's not an officially supported wheel so we don't have access to one here so I can't really offer any help I'm afraid. Make sure you have the latest drivers and firmware for it is about all I can suggest. Sorry.
    Thanks guys.

F1 2016 recognizes the wheel, but in custom profile, I can only use a few buttons on the wheel.
    Turning left/right and both pedals are not recognised.

I think I have all drivers and firmware up to date.
    (It does work prefectly in 2014.)
    Sorry to keep bothering you. Is it somehow possible to import my 2014 settings? I cannot play 2016 now :(
  • KopparaKoppara Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    edited October 2016
    Hey,
    I got this wheel, and it works with the game (at least with me) The wheel vibrates when you are off road or on the curbs, but you don't get any vibration if the car gets wheel spin.

Make sure that you got the latest drivers of the wheel, as that is the only solution how the wheel could work. Just to make sure, this is the wheel, isn't it? @Ehmjo

F1 2016 Beta Tester
    F1 2017 Beta Tester
    Thanks for your answer Koppara.

It sure looks like my wheel, apart from the red bit. Mine is all grey.
    I have version 1.0.

I have driver 10.0.14393.0 and when I check for updates it says this is the latest one (it is from 2006).
    Do you have a newer one?
    edited November 2016
    Hi,
    My wheels driver seems to be a bit newer than yours. What windows version are you running, and does Windows detect that you are pressing the buttons and pedals from the wheels control panel?(you said that the game does not detect them).

These are mine:
    Driver release date: 21.6.2006
    Version: 10.0.14393.351

Download this driver http://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=77513 (You need a program to open a .zip folder, if you don't have one already)

Open the compressed file, swffwheel > SETUP (folder) > run '_Setup.exe'
    When the driver program boots, click in the very first choice "Install SideWinger Force Feedback..." You will get a warning but continue with the setup. After that the instillation progress should be easy. 

When you have installed the driver, open control panel and go to devices. Here you should see a icon of a game pad, which is called "Microsoft side winger etc." Right click and press the very first choice. Re-calibrate your wheel. After you have calibrated the wheel check that everything is working from the preview tab.

After these steps, your wheel should be working with F1 2016, at least it is for me.

@Ehmjo
    F1 2016 Beta Tester
    F1 2017 Beta Tester
    I'm running Windows 10.

Did all that. Driver was updated.
    I did calibrate the wheel.
    Says everything works,
    But not in the game.  :'(

As before game recognizes the wheel (name) but doesn't recognize pedals or steering. It does recoginze the buttons.
    That is very sad to hear. 

The last advice that comes to my head is delete the wheel drivers and install them again (maybe something is not communicating right with the game). If this doesn't help, then I don't know what is causing the issue. But fingers crossed this does help! 

@Ehmjo
    F1 2016 Beta Tester
    F1 2017 Beta Tester
  • heideldrumheideldrum Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Only a suggestion , cause I solved issues with my Logitech wheel with this: did you try to use a different USB port ? 
    MSI GT62VR 7RE - GTX 1070   Logitech G29
    Tried everything. Sadly no change.

Thanks for your efforts. I give up.
  • photrixphotrix Member New Car Smell
    edited May 18
    I also have a microsoft steering wheel and pedals version 1.0.  Non FF.   I've used it with colin rally 04 on an xp system.  I would really like to use it on my win7 system, but I can't split the pedals, and ms refuses to support this wheel.  It would seem that you masters of code could write a driver for win seven, so that the many of us who own and love these wheels could  resurrect them.
    Thanx
    It works fine in windows 10 with F1 2014 but not with F1 2016.
    Windows is not the problem.