Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

PC -Wheel issues with braking and FFB + PS4 issues with Wheel weight (Thrustmaster T300+T3PA Pedals)

Chazy90Chazy90 Member, Drivers New Car Smell
@jennyannem or @Hoo 

1.) On PC with the Thrustmaster T300, T3PA Pedals and F1 Ferrar Addon, it's again almost impossible to map the brake to the clutch pedal. I use this way of braking since F1 2013 and I'm not the only one, whereas I have you also told you about the issues on F1 2015, where it worked only with inverted pedals (pressing F2 ingame on control settings menu). Well now it's not about reverting, because that isn't necessary anymore, but when assigning the brake to the clutch pedal, it's recognized like a normal button, not an axis, which means that you theoretically brake like on a keyboard or controller button (not L2/R2). Could this please be fixed? On PS4 I have absolute no problem regarding this.

2.) When comparing the PS4 with PC version, running the same wheel, settings and setup, I must say that on PC you have absolutely no effects/vibration on straights. Let's take for example Baku - start/finish straight with DRS. Here on PS4 the wheel slightly vibrates due to the road and their signs on the streets, but on PC nothing like this happens. I've mentioned the wheel above and as for ingame FFB settings, I've used 90/15/90, but it's not about that, as on PS4 with the same settings it's totally different. Just hook up this wheel with regular settings on both platforms and see the complete differences.

3.) The same also applies to the wheel weight. On PC through corners the wheel weight still stays there, meaning it puts up resistance, but on PS4 you simple loose all the weight and the wheel feels loose. Even if crank up everything to 100/100/100 it's the same issue.

If screenshots, videos or anything else is needed, please let me know, because I can't know what information is important for your team.

Comments

• F1randokalbus22F1randokalbus22 Member, Drivers Race Steward
    >Technical assistance
    • Body is 19 characters too short.
  • F12korF12kor Member New Car Smell
    I agree with you!! On ps4, t300rs loose Weight on corners. I hope codemasters read the forum. Sorry for my english
  • jayp666jayp666 Member Wheel Nut
    Why would someone want to use the clutch for braking while you have an awesome brake pedal like the one on the T3PA?! I just, don't understand, please explain.
  • Chazy90Chazy90 Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    edited August 2016
    jayp666 said:
    Why would someone want to use the clutch for braking while you have an awesome brake pedal like the one on the T3PA?! I just, don't understand, please explain.

Look mate, everybody has a different driving style. If am much quicker and better on brakes when comparing to the usual brake pedal, why would it bother somebody?
    I am not purchasing F1 games for years (even on different platforms the same version) to play offline, never played it except time trial, because I am mainly only racing leagues. Just not some 4 fun leagues, but the best there are in the world like AOR (e.g. Vice champion on F1 2015 PC). You can believe me that the brakes make a huge difference.
  • SaintEvillySaintEvilly Member Unleaded
    on pc to get vibrations etc on straights reduce (or turn off) dampening on the thrustmaster control panel in windows.
    on pc to get vibrations etc on straights reduce (or turn off) dampening on the thrustmaster control panel in windows.
    This isn't even a big issue, it's about the Wheel weight which is lost on PS4 and the terrible braking, due to not having the clutch pedal seen as Axis, but just as a button.
    The rest is pretty much secondary, as I'm used to Codemasters differently programming the games, as PS4 and PC are nothing a like, as with the same wheel, settings and setup, the PS4 understeers and the PC oversteers.
    Hopefully at least the wheel weight issue when turning on PS4 and for PC the issue to assign the brake pedal to assign to clutch pedal get's fixed. Otherwise just don't bother, but do please fix these two issues, which in my view aren't complicated to fix, since on F1 2015 at least they worked, though with inverting pedals, but better than what we have now.
    Any update on it? @Hoo
    @jennyannem @Hoo Any update on this? Did it get included into the latest patch (upcoming on PC)???
  • isamu99isamu99 Member Unleaded
    There are so many things wrong with the force feedback effects in this game. Everything feels off. I'm using a Bodnar wheel on the PC version and I have to turn my wheel settings to at least 50% strength in order for it to feel semi strong.

Anyone who's tried the Bodnar wheel knows that 50% strength is a lot. If I play any other racing game with my Bodnar 50% strength they may as well reserve a hospital room for me due to snapped wrists and pulled shoulders. Yet in this game all the effects feel rather weak and muted. The FFB in Dirt Rally is much and I mean **MUCH** better!!!
    @jennyannem @Hoo

Still no positive update I guess right? :(
  • F12korF12kor Member New Car Smell
    Some news? Codemasters can you improve the ffb on PS4? On f1 2015 the ffb had more resistance on slow corners. Sorry for my english
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    Chazy90 said:
    @jennyannem or @Hoo 

1.) On PC with the Thrustmaster T300, T3PA Pedals and F1 Ferrar Addon, it's again almost impossible to map the brake to the clutch pedal. I use this way of braking since F1 2013 and I'm not the only one, whereas I have you also told you about the issues on F1 2015, where it worked only with inverted pedals (pressing F2 ingame on control settings menu). Well now it's not about reverting, because that isn't necessary anymore, but when assigning the brake to the clutch pedal, it's recognized like a normal button, not an axis, which means that you theoretically brake like on a keyboard or controller button (not L2/R2). Could this please be fixed? On PS4 I have absolute no problem regarding this.

2.) When comparing the PS4 with PC version, running the same wheel, settings and setup, I must say that on PC you have absolutely no effects/vibration on straights. Let's take for example Baku - start/finish straight with DRS. Here on PS4 the wheel slightly vibrates due to the road and their signs on the streets, but on PC nothing like this happens. I've mentioned the wheel above and as for ingame FFB settings, I've used 90/15/90, but it's not about that, as on PS4 with the same settings it's totally different. Just hook up this wheel with regular settings on both platforms and see the complete differences.

3.) The same also applies to the wheel weight. On PC through corners the wheel weight still stays there, meaning it puts up resistance, but on PS4 you simple loose all the weight and the wheel feels loose. Even if crank up everything to 100/100/100 it's the same issue.

If screenshots, videos or anything else is needed, please let me know, because I can't know what information is important for your team.
    Andrei, for number 1 I just swapped the spring, the header cable and the pedal plate. Don't even need to remap, but this assumes you use left foot braking for every game :)
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|T300RS/G920/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• CoderedmasterCoderedmaster Member New Car Smell
    Hi - I've just tried to calibrate the Thrustmaster T300RS and Ferrari F1 wheel add-on, for F1 2017, and i can't assign steering, both left and right, and the pedals aren't being assigned - sorry if this is posted somewhere else - i'm new and this is so frustrating, i'm thinking of sending them back! Can anyone help me who's experienced this, please? THANK'S.
  • CoderedmasterCoderedmaster Member New Car Smell
    The assignment of buttons on the wheels, work, though!!!

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Co-Driver
    Try updating the wheel with the software drivers. You can use two modes Standard or Advanced. This is done in the Thrustmaster Control Panel

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t300rs-en/
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|T300RS/G920/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig