Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

who will replace massa

SwearImSoberSwearImSober Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
edited September 2016 in World of Motorsport
personally i think the most likely would be di resta, perez or a young driver like stroll, nasr ect (i dont really think nasr will go to williams but many do) 

button has 2 years on his contract so imo its either hes retiring or hes staying with mclaren but who knows. formula one is really unpredictable

i also am thinking stroll may join williams in 2018 if mclaren ends it with button and he then joins williams and im saying 2018 as i'd expect him to retire after that if he doesnt retire this year. in the mean time stroll may drive in gp2 with prema as he drives for them in F3 atm as well and it'd be a good way of getting him more experience with the cars. I just want a canadian driver back in F1. stressful times for us canadians right now lol

im now realizing i should've made this a poll :(

Comments

• JamesGJamesG Member Pit Crew
    edited September 2016
    I'm actually sticking with the Button to Williams rumour that's been floating around. Mainly because in a recent interview when the interviewee mentioned a spot opening up at Williams, there was a big smile on his face. 

Button to Williams
    Vandoorne to McLaren #2
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    JamesG said:
    I'm actually sticking with the Button to Williams rumour that's been floating around.
    Well, that ain't happening...
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126016
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • MexicolaMexicola Member Team Principal
    Not Nasr.                                                                   
  • TheHonestGamerTheHonestGamer Member New Car Smell
    Button, I'm sure... or wherlein would be nice :D
  • WynterdustWynterdust Member Team Principal
    Not Button after the Mclaren announcement then and sounds like Perez is staying with Force India. Looks like Williams are going to have to get a rookie or another driver that isn't good enough for a top team.

I'd say it's between Lynn, Stroll and even Di Resta since he's their current reserve driver. Honestly now, they'd have been better off persuading Massa to stay. :D

T- "I don't consider you my enemy."

K- "Oh? I didn't consider you at all."

T- "Now that's just hurtful..."

• Chadwick8505Chadwick8505 Member Wheel Nut
    I think it'll be Lynn. Maybe Kyvat who is almost certainly out of a seat. 

I really doubt it'll be Perez, Williams isn't a step up from Force India, so it's not really a smart/necessary move. The only other option for Perez is Renault, which would offer a factory team with a lot of future potential.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Di Resta won't come back now. 3 years out of the sport is a hell of a long time and he just wouldn't cut it.

I have no idea what to think. One day Perez is certain to join Renault, the next he's sticking at Force India. You just don't know what to think. Then Nasr has suddenly been thrown in the mix the last couple of days, now Stroll too, and Lynn the development driver you can never rule out, as well as Kvyat!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • MexicolaMexicola Member Team Principal
    Di Resta was also never that good to begin with.
  • SwearImSoberSwearImSober Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    MBKF1 said:
    Di Resta won't come back now. 3 years out of the sport is a hell of a long time and he just wouldn't cut it.

I have no idea what to think. One day Perez is certain to join Renault, the next he's sticking at Force India. You just don't know what to think. Then Nasr has suddenly been thrown in the mix the last couple of days, now Stroll too, and Lynn the development driver you can never rule out, as well as Kvyat!
    stroll was always kinda in the mix to take massa's seat he is also a development driver, and hes 5 years younger than lynn, lynn actually turns 23 later this month and stroll turns 18 on october 29th i think if you have a long term plan for stroll on the team you need to get him accustomed to the new cars around the same time as everyone else, if not he'll be playing catch up, and he can only drive 2 year old cars not the new ones according to the regulation

this is probably the most interesting F1 has been since the V6 era began lol
  • JamesGJamesG Member Pit Crew
    edited September 2016
    Perez staying with Force India, Button taking a gap year, Williams are left with either replacing one Felipe with another Felipe, or bringing Di Resta back into the sport. 

Pastor Maldonado has been trying to get back into F1 though... But considering how he left Williams... xD

I personally would like to see Bruno Senna get another shot, he consistently got great starts and scored points, while Pastor was messing about. However wasn't that great on the tyres and had to pit near the final lap on multiple occasions, and he too has been out of the sport for a few years... One can dream though. #BringBackSenna

Williams being a Mercedes customer COULD probably get Werhlein, who has been doing a great job for Manor, scored a point.

So realistically, the likely candidates: Nasr, Di Resta, Werhlein, Stroll.,,

Is it time for the Lance Stroll Dance? Ah GTA Vice City references.
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    What if it was Maldonado!!!!!!!! Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Goodbye cruel world!!!!
    Just Kidding :D . I think it will be Lance Stroll. Really sad to see Massa and Button leaving in the same season.