Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Ideas for F1 2017 and beyond

FarukhAbdFarukhAbd Member Pit Crew
A great way to incorporate press conferences into the game, with the ability to offer a much wider range of speech options, would be if Codemasters, or the future producer of the series delved into the realm of procedurally generated conversations, there are already good examples of this on the internet, for example SimSimi or Boibot, where you can have a continuous, realistic conversation (or as realistic as you can get talking to a program). This would make Press Conferences, Interviews, Podium Celebrations, Team Radio more immersive and realistic. 
Post edited by FarukhAbd on

Comments

• mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    edited September 2016
    Hellooooo said:
    Yeah, they need something new the game is the same as 2015.
    Was kinda dissapointing winning and seeing the same lame celebration.
    Only thing they changed is some lightning and sound.

Kinda dissapointing game tbh.
    It's great that they involved the safety care again.
    But not one there got the idea like:.... hey, why not start rainy races like Monaca behind a safety car (option)

Codemasters realy need to update theyre games.
    F1 2015 no Kvyat/Verstappen switch.
    And in F1 2016 no Haryanto/Ocon replacement.

These little things are pissing people off.
    Because everyone wants a realistic and updated game.
    If these little things don't change i'm pretty sure i'm not gonna buy F1 2017.

Umm...
    1) Yeah, celebrations are similar. Agreed that it could be "improved".
    2) Would you really like to start behind SC?.. Personally in real life I hate starts behind SC because all the fun in start is gone.
    3) Kvyat/Verstappen switch happened in 2016 Spain GP, not 2015, so I fail to understand why it should be in 2015 (also Verstappen/Kvyat switch is actually in-game, so I fail to see the thing here); Haryanto/Ocon - well, technically the driver who drove more races through the season should get the place in game, and Rio did 12 races, so...
    4) Little things can only **** you off (pardon my *bleep* language) if you pay attention to it. If you don't - you won't even notice it. Simple. (I would be ****ed off more (again pardon my *bleep* language) if for example Safety Car would be broken or AI would be dull...)
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
  • HelloooooHellooooo Member New Car Smell
    mantazzo said:
    Hellooooo said:
    Yeah, they need something new the game is the same as 2015.
    Was kinda dissapointing winning and seeing the same lame celebration.
    Only thing they changed is some lightning and sound.

Kinda dissapointing game tbh.
    It's great that they involved the safety care again.
    But not one there got the idea like:.... hey, why not start rainy races like Monaca behind a safety car (option)

Codemasters realy need to update theyre games.
    F1 2015 no Kvyat/Verstappen switch.
    And in F1 2016 no Haryanto/Ocon replacement.

These little things are pissing people off.
    Because everyone wants a realistic and updated game.
    If these little things don't change i'm pretty sure i'm not gonna buy F1 2017.

Umm...
    1) Yeah, celebrations are similar. Agreed that it could be "improved".
    2) Would you really like to start behind SC?.. Personally in real life I hate starts behind SC because all the fun in start is gone.
    3) Kvyat/Verstappen switch happened in 2016 Spain GP, not 2015, so I fail to understand why it should be in 2015 (also Verstappen/Kvyat switch is actually in-game, so I fail to see the thing here); Haryanto/Ocon - well, technically the driver who drove more races through the season should get the place in game, and Rio did 12 races, so...
    4) Little things can only **** you off (pardon my *bleep* language) if you pay attention to it. If you don't - you won't even notice it. Simple. (I would be ****ed off more (again pardon my *bleep* language) if for example Safety Car would be broken or AI would be dull...)
    1) Okey, agreed on that.
    2) If they gonna put the safetycar in the game might as well give that option to (As Monaco and Silverstone started behind safety car.
    3) Don't mind that much that they didn't swap them. (But i would like to play a game that is current)
    Let's take fifa for example they keep the game current with transfers mid season.
    4) The safety car is broken and i realy hope they will fix the issue soon.
  • TL77TL77 Member Unleaded
    I remember there being some talk after Silverstone that they will remove SC starts in real life for next season.

Also playing the strategic game with engine penalties etc. like Hamilton in Spa. Isn't there also some rules coming in for next season that prohibit that to some extent?
  • pijinpijin Member Co-Driver
    I've suggested adaptive difficulty in the past (http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/45465/for-f1-2017-adaptive-difficulty) to put an end to the difficulty "chasms" being complained about by everyone. Personally I'm not a massive fan of the idea but it would help those struggling between Expert and Legend and other tiers now.

Better ERS simulation would be fantastic. Even if its just a "Auto-KERS" battery meter that depletes slowly throughout a lap unless you hit the Overtake button (former KERS button) to deploy more power at once. But say if you use it more than 2 or 3 times (circuit dependent) per lap, the car will "derate" towards the end of a lap and acceleration is slowed a good bit.

Honestly though with the fantastic new MFD, I don't see why they couldn't just have a  "ERS Strat" option and vary between 1 and 5 or something. This way on low power tracks like Hungary, you can run lean fuel but like Strat 1 (aggressive ERS boost) to maintain lap time and save fuel, or go Strat 5 (aggressive ERS recovery) and high fuel to build charge ahead of an overtake but still keep up with the car ahead. Just add a bit more variety to the game. The OT button is commonly used now to defend against DRS, so as a player on McHonda, I'd love to be able to use it to defend more on the straights. This is a lot more complex for casual gamers, but maybe an auto option will just run it like the game works now.

GP2 would be cool but for the sake of simplicity i'd rather just a Young Driver's Test and being forced to start with the bottom half of the field.

Team orders would be great as I've been held up by Alonso on a more aggressive strategy and it cost me a good finish. Have it slash your drivers standing in half if you disobey.

Maybe also add a reprimand system for minor infractions in practice sessions?

• pluckaplucka Member New Car Smell
    Id be happier if they focused on the racing side of things. 
    +1, I play to drive,  why anyone would want to simulate press conferences and the like it beyond me.  I and I think most people would skip them.  The off track elements in 2016 are about right, short and sweet.  Concentrate on the driving not the stupid fluff.
  • MattPf1MattPf1 Member Unleaded
    The addition of the pit board guy this year was nice, so next year I'd like to see the teams cheering you over the line.

Now we have formation lap, the parade lap should follow, driver waving etc.

The press and interview stuff could only be done by choosing preset responses. They'd never get to record each of the drivers speaking lines of text. 

Difficulty slider.  

And at least one new podium sequence would be nice... 

• 2Pacalypse2Pacalypse Member Unleaded

simply idea: do it like 2k did with nba! Mycareer is the best mode ever!

it has everything, that we are missing in f1 career. the whole thing behind the rac,e behind the race weekend.

we are only jumping from one race to another....

after 2 seasons im finish with my R&D in Renault, now i went to McLaren to start as a Champion in the worst car in the field....like Damon Hill 1997 in Arrows :D

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Team Principal

IDEAS FOR F1 2017 AND BEYOND

1. Get to work on the 2017 patches now.
    2. You know we want a custom lobby browser on Xbox still, 2 years after the game came to Xbox one. Get it done because this year's solution doesn't cut it.
  • hollowgravehollowgrave Member New Car Smell
    love doing the championship mode with friends but would like to see that put into a multiplayer career mode
  • MclGadir1971MclGadir1971 Member New Car Smell
    F1 does not work and you saying stupidities for the next game F1 2017. It´s painful.
  • TopAirspaceTopAirspace Member Wheel Nut
    LOL "stupidities"  :D 
    Brilliant!