Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Save Game Corrupt

So I've just tried to load my game after a long hiatus and I'm now having this issue which was supposedly resolved. Last time I stopped because my game kept crashing online whenever I used one of the cars I bought and now this has not exactly amused me.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point but I would like to recover the 75hrs of progress I had achieved and finish the SP game! I haven't bought any of the DLC and only have the Black Edition and High Res Textures installed so I'm at a loss as to what the issue is given most of the other reports are related to those.

Comments

• I did try a few times, I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens but I expect it to still not work.
  • Ok tried some more and it's definitely screwed, checked the date on the save file (PC) and I last played it on the 27/7 and since then there have been over 10 save game fixes and yet it is still happened!

With Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, RRE and Wreckfest (Next Car Game) already in my library I'm having less and less reason the buy any future Codemasters games when these sort of issues continue to persist in all their recent games. I was looking forward to F1 2015 but this has really pissed me off especially since there has been no response on what I can do to fix it!

• LooreLoore Champion
    Can you email me the save file? gridgame@codemasters.com?

Community Manager at Codemasters, wears a robe and wizard hat
    Find me on Twitter | Steam
  • Loore said:

Hi Loore,

Thanks for getting back to me, apologies if I seemed rude or impatient, I can deal with general bugs but I draw the line at losing save games just because it's so much time investment lost. The last time it happened on a console game midway through I just sold it there and then but obviously on PC that isn't an option, so right now it's just sat in my steam library taunting me!

I'll forward the email I sent to support to you but I'm guessing there is no guarantee it can actually be fixed.

Cheers.

• Loore said:

Any further updates?

Thanks.

• Hello, I play on PS3 and hadn't played since early October. Well yesterday I finally had time to play this game again and downloaded the latest patch and was all ready to race when I got the message my file was corrupted. So after this happened I looked around on this and other sites and this problem was supposedly fixed in the patch I downloaded even though I never had the problem before. Hmmm.  Also I read that it was supposedly linked to modifying/updgrading cars or something, well I never did that since I only raced in the racenet time trials with cars provided and in single player series which had not tuning allowed. I sure hope there's another patch being worked on because right now my game is basically broke. I don't want to play it and this happening again. 
  • ZenzicZenzic New Car Smell
    FurnaceInferno, did Codemasters end up fixing that save file for you?
  • Well this worked for me: 

"axia13 said:
    I'd contact Codemasters customer service, they told me that:
    "Please ensure that you have installed the latest patch for the game before installing the Drag Pack DLC. If you are unsure when you installed the latest patch, please uninstall the DLC, make sure that you are connected to the internet and signed in when you start the game, so that it checks for any patches.
    Once you are sure you have the latest game patch, you should be able to install the DLC again."

And it works!"

Seems to be an issue on PS3 at least with installing the drag DLC then the patch.
  • Zenzic said:
    FurnaceInferno, did Codemasters end up fixing that save file for you?

I sent the save files to Loore but haven't heard anything back so I'm guessing it's all but forgotten and I haven't got time to keep chasing it up, I just won't buy, recommend or defend the bugs in their games anymore.

I did receive are rather inept response from the Customer Support email though that both amused and angered me:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Grid Autosport.

If the game's saved file has genuinely become corrupt then there is little you can do, other than start a new save file I'm afraid.

You may be able to retrieve a previous save file by loading a restore point on your system.

Corruption in the saved file for Grid Autosport can be caused by synchronisation problems between your PC and Steam, unfortunately. We recommend that following to minimise the chances of this happening...

1) Turn off Steam Cloud synchronisation from the Steam settings menu
    2) If you receive a message from Steam with regard to a difference between your saved file on the Steam Cloud and your hard disk, you should choose to use the file on your hard disc.
    3) Always ensure that you shut down the game correctly and only run it from within the Steam client or from the Steam shortcuts in your system tray.
    4) You should also never alter or attempt to manipulate any of the saved files that the game uses, as this can cause corrupt saved files.

I didn't bother responding because I was expecting Loore to respond to the other email and because they and I both know it is an issue on their end, not mine and the fact they had the cheek to claim otherwise, **** that!!

1) I don't use Steam cloud or any cloud saving crap for that matter making 2) Impossible too.

3) I'd love to ensure the game is always shutdown correctly if it wasn't for a game breaking bug which kept causing my game to crash whenever I used my very expensive touring car online forcing me to abandon the online mode completely (and no this was not the cause of the issue as I played the SP fine afterwards.

4) Is just an insult, I played the game as intended and YOU broke it with your constant buggy updates in nearly every game you guys have released in the last few years.

Anyway I won't let it bother me any longer, I'll just play something that isn't broken or waste time in the future and I still got over 70hrs out of it so at least it wasn't a total waste of money.

• JamNJamN New Car Smell

Codemasters has sunk to a new all time low. (I thought EA was bad) That’s right sorry, I forgot you guys are in cahoots. Any way. I don’t know who or why your marketing decided to put the squeeze on but I must say its very unattractive. Is Codemasters in trouble$$? This is a VERY bad move to gain revenue. I mean come on, your product is already over priced then you punish your customers who refuse to buy your DLC. SORRY BUT IF YOU WANT TO RACE WITH YOUR FRIENDS YOU GOT TO SPEND A BIT MORE ON THE PRODUCT YOU HAVE ALLREADY PAYED FOR. Suggestion, Fire marketing, Focus a bit more on R&D/ BATA testing.  Give Jonny customer a way to earn you pathetic DLC’s like with surveys or some other BS then you might start making money again. I know you guys have a lot more talent than this. I would hate to see you go belly up over a lack of for site.

Love and kisses: JamN

• SharkMovesSharkMoves New Car Smell

So I've just tried to load my game after a long hiatus and I'm now having this issue which was supposedly resolved. Last time I stopped because my game kept crashing online whenever I used one of the cars I bought and now this has not exactly amused me.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point but I would like to recover the 75hrs of progress I had achieved and finish the SP game! I haven't bought any of the DLC and only have the Black Edition and High Res Textures installed so I'm at a loss as to what the issue is given most of the other reports are related to those.

• SharkMovesSharkMoves New Car Smell
    edited May 3

Save Data Corrupt ( RESOLVED) 

I've had this problem 2 times now and both times when I seen the Save Data Corrupt. I just turned the game off and reinstalled the game. runs like before!

NOTE* enable steam cloud synchronization for games which support it.
     steam settings > Cloud > check box

dont ever take the  file and put it somewhere else on your pc otherwords in 2 locations on same hard drive as steam cloud updates games you've played everytime you exit steam.  if you do have it in 2 locations and try to use your save game file (thats not out dated to the moment you saved the file,  steam cloud will have up to date as your last gameplay and will clash with the old data you save, therefore also will cause a currpt save game data (file)