Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Any interest in Starting a South African League

BagoZABagoZA Member New Car Smell

Hi

I'd like to see how much interest there is in starting a South African League, so if you're from SA and would be interested reply here.

Comments

• KingManWVKingManWV Member New Car Smell
    Do think you will get much interest, doubt there are too many South Africans playing this game. Surely it would make sense to join a european league? Its the same time zone?
  • delpierofan10delpierofan10 Member New Car Smell
    We are a international league but we are racing in the same time zone like you. We have places available and If you like you can join us.

I don't know which Platform you use, so I give you the general Link to our Leagues.
    http://thebestonlineracing.com/forum/index.php?board/34-f1-2016/

Best regards, ;)
    delpierofan10

• RonofichRonofich Member New Car Smell
    edited September 2016
    What level places are available at TBOR..I´m a rookie and on XB1...driving with to to much experienced players is not what I look for. 
    Post edited by Ronofich on
    F1 2016: Rookie <> Xbox Name: Ronofich
  • BagoZABagoZA Member New Car Smell
    Ive signed up with a league in Europe so will see how that goes, but the main reason for trying to get something going locally is due to our high ping on European servers. Eventhough my connection quality is really good, I often get 1ms ping on local speedtest servers, the ping obviously goes up massively when connecting to a server almost 6000 miles away...
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    I'll be interested. ;) Get me on Skype. We may be able to get a few others as well.

My Skype username is the same as my username here.
    KingManWV said:
    Do think you will get much interest, doubt there are too many South Africans playing this game. Surely it would make sense to join a european league? Its the same time zone?
    We always have to suffer with our 200 ping on these games. Local is lekker, as we like to say.

On games with proper netcode it works fine connecting to Europe, but not Codies.
    KingManWV said:
    Unfortunately this is the truth. Not much interest here, and it's very expensive due to our currency, and import costs of racing equipment to SA.

Fanatec doesn't even ship stuff to SA any more because of numerous broken/lost stock on shipping.