Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Preset Set-ups for tracks

IIorwerthIIorwerth Member New Car Smell
With the game come the five preset set-ups i.e. 'balanced', 'max downforce', 'increased downforce', 'max top speed' and 'increased top speed'. I am not any kind of F1 expert and know little about the characteristics of the real tracks, so i was wondering which tracks suited which pre-set set-ups best? I know I can design my own set-ups (and have looked at a few very useful youtube vids explaining set-ups and the parts you can fiddle with) , but I figured the best way to practically learn how to do set-ups was to start off with a good pre-set one for the track and then fine-tune it. Is there a list somewhere that rates which tracks need max downforce, which need increased downforce, which need increased top speed, which need max top speed, which prefer a balanced set-up? Or could someone very kind and nice post their thoughts on which tracks require what types of set-up, if they have a moment or two spare time to do so? Cheeky i know, but nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that! :smiley:

Comments

• Ms87Ms87 Member New Car Smell
    On scale 1 max downforce to 5 max speed I'd go 

aus 3
    bah 3
    china 2
    russia 2
    spain 3 
    Mon 5
    canada 2
    europe 3 bit trim rear wing
    Aus 2
    Brit 2
    hung 5
    Germ 2
    bel 2
    ita 1
    sing 4 but trim rear wing a bit
    May 3 trim rear wing a bit
    jap 3
    usa 3
    mex 3 trim rear wing a bit
    bra 2
    abu 3
  • IIorwerthIIorwerth Member New Car Smell
    That is great! Thank you so much for doing that. Seems most tracks require balanced, or just a touch more downforce than balanced, with just Monza and Hungary being full top speed tracks.

Out of interest, I found PRC's magic setup, which has proved faster for me in Aus and Bah than the balanced set-up (I haven't tried it on other tracks yet). I might use that as my balanced and then adjust from there. i have never really bothered with set-ups in any other racing game before, but figured i was missing out on something fun, so have decided to try and get to grips with it. For those who haven't seen PRC magic set-up you can find it here: https://pretendracecars.net/2016/08/21/your-magic-setup-for-f1-2016-is-here/

• coolieboycoolieboy Member, Drivers Race Steward
    Something looks wrong, Italy max downforce? Monaco max speed? Canada increased downforce? I think it should be the opposite.
  • Ms87Ms87 Member New Car Smell
    Yeah I got my own scale the wrong way around!!
  • ZecchouBangZecchouBang Member New Car Smell
    So every track you wrote here is opposite? For example Russia is 4 not 2?
  • yogajitsuyogajitsu Member New Car Smell
    These pre-sets seem way off from what people use in their top hot laps...and then people set them up differently from the presets depending on which car they are using.  Not sure why some things are changed, ie. set rear differently than front, etc..  I see guides that talk about things in general but some of the custom setups don't make any sense, or are completely different than what you would think they should be, but they work (capable of fast times).  It seems better just to go to the leaderboards and download their top set ups and work from there.  
  • JensLaeJensLae Member New Car Smell
    Ms87 said:
    On scale 1 max downforce to 5 max speed I'd go 

aus 3
    bah 3
    china 2
    russia 2
    spain 3 
    Mon 5
    canada 2
    europe 3 bit trim rear wing
    Aus 2