Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

D-Box and UDP Telemetry Information

Comments

• EnsiFerrumEnsiFerrum Member Pit Crew
    edited October 2016
    What is urgently needed:
    Brake bias
    Fuel setting
    Differential Setting

Tyre wear
    Tyre temeperatur and / or pressure
    Brake Temperatur

(V)SC-Delta

Post edited by EnsiFerrum on
    "I find your lack of communications disturbing" - Lord Darth Vader to Codemasters Community Manager
    Body is n characters too short. <- THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
    Once with professionals ...

Sys-Spec:
     Intel Core i7-6700K / 32GB RAM / ASUS Stryx GTX 1080 A8G / Creative Soundblaster Z
     Fanatec CSL Elite / Fanatec CSL Wheel P1/ Fanatec CSW Formula Carbon /
     Fanatec CSP v3 / Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake /
     Thrustmaster TH8A /
     TrackIR
     Windows Version 1703 (Build 16288.1000)
  • cjorgens79cjorgens79 Member New Car Smell
    @Hoo - I am the developer of the pCars Dash app for Project Cars. A number of my users have asked if i can interface to F1 2016, so i have created a new app based on my pCars Dash app that works with F1 2016 using the UDP feed you have documented above. This app also supports a couple of other racing titles (RaceRoom and Assetto Corsa). When using the app the user needs to click a tile to indicate which application they want to link to, for those apps i have their game logo and name, i would like to ask permission to use the F1 2016 logo as well for this interface. I would be using it on a tile that would look like this. 

If this is not acceptable, could you please provide a logo that I can use, or indicate that I should not use any logos at all for the interface to F1 2016.

Thanks,
    Craig
  • JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Wheel Nut
    @Hoo - I am the developer of the pCars Dash app for Project Cars. A number of my users have asked if i can interface to F1 2016, so i have created a new app based on my pCars Dash app that works with F1 2016 using the UDP feed you have documented above. This app also supports a couple of other racing titles (RaceRoom and Assetto Corsa). When using the app the user needs to click a tile to indicate which application they want to link to, for those apps i have their game logo and name, i would like to ask permission to use the F1 2016 logo as well for this interface. I would be using it on a tile that would look like this. 

If this is not acceptable, could you please provide a logo that I can use, or indicate that I should not use any logos at all for the interface to F1 2016.

Thanks,
    Craig
    Could you please give us more information, maybe doing a new threat...
    ...and post it here  ;)
    JuanCarMR said:

Thanks,
    Craig
    Could you please give us more information, maybe doing a new threat...
    ...and post it here  ;)
    If your not familiar with pCars Dash, you can see it in action with Project Cars here https://youtu.be/ttJFLBcO_I4?t=14

Its a video showing the app in action from an app review site in Germany that very recently reviewed a number of iOS telemetry apps for Project Cars, the link starts with my app, there are another 4 or 5 that get shown after mine. It provides a good look at what the app does with Project Cars. The app i have made to work with F1 2016 is very similar, it has a few less features currently due to the telemetry feed from F1 2016 having less information than the Project Cars one, but its still a reasonable representation of it.

Cheers
  • JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Wheel Nut
    Which is the name of the new app??? is it for IOS?

More info please, screenshots too!!!
    JuanCarMR said:
    Which is the name of the new app??? is it for IOS?

More info please, screenshots too!!!
    Its not released yet, it will be called RS Dash. I cant release until i have approval or otherwise from CodeMasters re the logo as i do this for a hobby so a trademark infringement issue is the last thing i want. Hopefully i get an answer from Hoo, or at least get pointed to the right person regarding my query.
    @Hoo, another question, is it possible to change the rate of the telemetry output? it seems to be around 75Hz at the moment, its a bit quick for some of the lower end devices which could struggle to keep up with processing that + rendering at a high enough frame rate.
  • LozzyLozzy Member, Codemasters Champion
    Hi cjorgens79 using the actual F1 logo and Formula 1® would be a very bad idea. Those are Formula One trademarks that we use under license so we cannot give you permission to use those. I would suggest you make any logo as generic as possible and try not to include any trademarks etc. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Lozzy said:
    Hi cjorgens79 using the actual F1 logo and Formula 1® would be a very bad idea. Those are Formula One trademarks that we use under license so we cannot give you permission to use those. I would suggest you make any logo as generic as possible and try not to include any trademarks etc. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hi Lozzy, thanks for the info, i suspected that would probably be the case but i figured it was work asking anyway. Is there any chance i can use the Codemasters logo so it could just have your logo with "Codemaster F1 2016" written below it? Im also happy to put a notice stating that i am in no way affiliated with CodeMasters etc if required. If not thats understandable too, but i figure i should at least ask. 
    Cheers
  • sennsenn Member Unleaded
    cjorgens79 said:j

Thanks,
    Craig

• oscarolimoscarolim Member Unleaded
    If you use F1 2016 you are referring to the game, so FOM shouldn't have an issue with it. If you however use just F1, then you would need to use the TM and maybe have to ask permission to FOM.
  • LozzyLozzy Member, Codemasters Champion
    We have continued the discussion in private but these logos are trademarks / registered and should not be used without the express permission of the company who owns them. Without that permission you're at risk of legal action so my best advice as an individual applying common sense is not to use any logo that is not owned by you or is free to use.
  • oscarolimoscarolim Member Unleaded
    I don't mean using the F1 2016 logo, but use plain text.
    @Hoo - I have had reports from one of my testers who is using XBox1 that the IP address for the UDP settings resets each time the game is restarted. Is this something that can be fixed?

Also there is a problem with the PC interface whereby if you start F1 2016 first before running any apps that use the interface on the same PC, those apps are unable to access the UDP port. The most likely cause is that when F1 2016 starts, it opens the same UDP port without the "reuse address" flag enabled which means it locks the port. It can be gotten around by opening the 3rd party apps first (so they grab the port first) then starting F1 2016. At that point it may be binding to a different port or possibly getting shared access to the 20777 port. It would be nice if they could fix this so that it doesnt cause problems for users of 3rd party interfaces linking to this telemetry on PC.

Cheers
  • sennsenn Member Unleaded
    I've always had your app for project cars , still a great game ,and it took time for team and updates to get it to work ,I need this app for f1 2016 ps4 where and when can I get it ,how much , how soon , I know , too many questions , but I must have it ,lol
    senn said:
    I've always had your app for project cars , still a great game ,and it took time for team and updates to get it to work ,I need this app for f1 2016 ps4 where and when can I get it ,how much , how soon , I know , too many questions , but I must have it ,lol
    will be available soon, the app is all done and tested, just need to get it through the apple app approval process for ios and get my new website live as well which has all the setup info on it
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    Looking forward to it. Will be a great addition to a superb game.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

• dwin20dwin20 Member Wheel Nut
    Hoo said:

UDP Packet Structure
    The data is sent as raw data in the UDP packet, converted to a char array. To decode this into something usable it should be a case of casting the packet data back to the UDPPacket struct (or another structure with the same layout). The layout of the UDP data is as follows:

struct UDPPacket
    {
        float m_time;
        float m_lapTime;
        float m_lapDistance;
        float m_totalDistance;
        float m_x;      // World space position
        float m_y;      // World space position
        float m_z;      // World space position
        float m_speed;
        float m_xv;      // Velocity in world space
        float m_yv;      // Velocity in world space
        float m_zv;      // Velocity in world space
        float m_xr;      // World space right direction
        float m_yr;      // World space right direction
        float m_zr;      // World space right direction
        float m_xd;      // World space forward direction
        float m_yd;      // World space forward direction
        float m_zd;      // World space forward direction
        float m_susp_pos_bl;
        float m_susp_pos_br;
        float m_susp_pos_fl;
        float m_susp_pos_fr;
        float m_susp_vel_bl;
        float m_susp_vel_br;
        float m_susp_vel_fl;
        float m_susp_vel_fr;
        float m_wheel_speed_bl;
        float m_wheel_speed_br;
        float m_wheel_speed_fl;
        float m_wheel_speed_fr;
        float m_throttle;
        float m_steer;
        float m_brake;
        float m_clutch;
        float m_gear;
        float m_gforce_lat;
        float m_gforce_lon;
        float m_lap;
        float m_engineRate;
        float m_sli_pro_native_support; // SLI Pro support
        float m_car_position;   // car race position
        float m_kers_level;    // kers energy left
        float m_kers_max_level;   // kers maximum energy
        float m_drs;     // 0 = off, 1 = on
        float m_traction_control;  // 0 (off) - 2 (high)
        float m_anti_lock_brakes;  // 0 (off) - 1 (on)
        float m_fuel_in_tank;   // current fuel mass
        float m_fuel_capacity;   // fuel capacity
        float m_in_pits;    // 0 = none, 1 = pitting, 2 = in pit area
        float m_sector;     // 0 = sector1, 1 = sector2; 2 = sector3
        float m_sector1_time;   // time of sector1 (or 0)
        float m_sector2_time;   // time of sector2 (or 0)
        float m_brakes_temp[4];   // brakes temperature (centigrade)
        float m_wheels_pressure[4];  // wheels pressure PSI
        float m_team_info;    // team ID
        float m_total_laps;    // total number of laps in this race
        float m_track_size;    // track size meters
        float m_last_lap_time;   // last lap time
        float m_max_rpm;    // cars max RPM, at which point the rev limiter will kick in
        float m_idle_rpm;    // cars idle RPM
        float m_max_gears;    // maximum number of gears
        float m_sessionType;   // 0 = unknown, 1 = practice, 2 = qualifying, 3 = race
        float m_drsAllowed;    // 0 = not allowed, 1 = allowed, -1 = invalid / unknown
        float m_track_number;   // -1 for unknown, 0-21 for tracks
        float m_vehicleFIAFlags;  // -1 = invalid/unknown, 0 = none, 1 = green, 2 = blue, 3 = yellow, 4 = red
     };

@Hoo
    Does this represent the complete physics model - or are these just the variables you are currently exporting?

Thanks
  • cjacksonXBLcjacksonXBL Member New Car Smell
    Could we get Delta time like on screen or like in wheel,
    and Tyre type and wear
  • HooHoo Member, Codemasters admin

@dwin20 - This is just the set of data that we output in this format. If there is any extra data that you want then let us and we'll pass it onto the dev team for their consideration.