Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

D-Box and UDP Telemetry Information

12346»

Comments

• JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Wheel Nut
    On IOS, you connect the app with the game, but, if you spend a few time in boxes, or waiting in the lobby for the start, the mobile phone lock, later, if you want to continuous using the app, you must to unlock the phone in order to continuous having the telemetry. 
    I mean that when you are in the game but you are not in the track, the phone lock according with your phone locking preferences. 

• cjorgens79cjorgens79 Member New Car Smell
    JuanCarMR said:
    On IOS, you connect the app with the game, but, if you spend a few time in boxes, or waiting in the lobby for the start, the mobile phone lock, later, if you want to continuous using the app, you must to unlock the phone in order to continuous having the telemetry. 
    I mean that when you are in the game but you are not in the track, the phone lock according with your phone locking preferences. 

Unfortunately F1 2016 only outputs telemetry while you are on track, the rest of the time it stops. This means that when you are off track for a while, the telemetry has also been stopped for a while so the app thinks you have finished playing and lets the phone lock/sleep to prevent the battery going flat. 

Unfortunately F1 2016 only outputs telemetry while you are on track, the rest of the time it stops. This means that when you are off track for a while, the telemetry has also been stopped for a while so the app thinks you have finished playing and lets the phone lock/sleep to prevent the battery going flat. 

Yep, I know that the game has that problem/issue, I mean if you can put an option in which we can turn on and the app continuous running untill you close the app. 
    Hope in the future, Codemasters take it into account and copy what Project Cars has done in their game in that issue...
    JuanCarMR said:

Yep, I know that the game has that problem/issue, I mean if you can put an option in which we can turn on and the app continuous running untill you close the app. 
    Hope in the future, Codemasters take it into account and copy what Project Cars has done in their game in that issue...
    Ill make a change so that auto sleep takes at least 15 minutes when using F1 2016, i would imagine that would be long enough between sessions? I really cant leave sleep disabled indefinately when the telemetry has stopped as some people are used to just leaving the mobile/tablet to turn itself off when they are finished which wont happen if i disable it completely while the app is running.
    Ill make a change so that auto sleep takes at least 15 minutes when using F1 2016, i would imagine that would be long enough between sessions? I really cant leave sleep disabled indefinately when the telemetry has stopped as some people are used to just leaving the mobile/tablet to turn itself off when they are finished which wont happen if i disable it completely while the app is running.
    That would be enough IMO. Cheers!!!
    @Codemasters, what is the situation with the UDP telemetry interface in F1 2017? I had an email from someone who is beta testing it saying that it doesn't work with my RS Dash telemetry app (which works fine with F1 2016).
    Is the UDP telemetry implemented yet in F1 2017, or does it just have a new protocol and if so, is there documentation for it so i can add support?

• HooHoo Member, Codemasters admin
    I need to get the documentation approved for release and then I'll post it up.
    Hoo said:
    I need to get the documentation approved for release and then I'll post it up.
    Ok thanks, if you need any help testing the interface prior to release let me know. I can update my app support the new spec and test it (if i can get beta access), plus there are a couple of others who have also emailed me who are already in the beta test program asking if i will be updating the app as they want to use it while testing.
  • vinceps34vinceps34 Member New Car Smell
    Hello,
    Same for me with the XSim plugins for motion and dash. I'm interested in the specifications. Will it be supported the same way also on consoles ? 
    If possible, a UDP capture with the UDP record/playback tool I made could help people to keep their devs up-to-date in advance Check here https://github.com/vthinsel/Python_UDP_Receiver for more info. This tool does not include handshakes as found in games such Assetto Corsa, but I could update it if needed.

Any chance Dirt 4 follows this new standard by the way ?

Thanks to all of you !

edited June 2017
    Hi Hoo,
    Any update on the availability of the new F1 2017 api documentation?
    Thanks
  • DaveyGravyDaveyGravy Member New Car Smell
    Yes please from me too. This would be really helpful for my Race Dash app for iOS.

Thanks
  • HelmetSquadHelmetSquad Member Pit Crew
    +1 here too please. We have a Dash app running on Raspberry Pi we'd like to update to support 2017
    PS4 | G29 | PlaySeat Evo [Black]
  • HooHoo Member, Codemasters admin
    I've put the latest 2017 specifications here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/53139/f1-2017-d-box-and-udp-output-specification. Please use this new thread for anything related to F1 2017 UDP output. Thanks.
  • LPradoJrLPradoJr Member New Car Smell
    I Have two devices that read the telemetry  information of the port 20777. It works in F1 2015, 2016, Dirt Rally, Dirt 4 and Project Cars. Both use the same port with no problem and I can´t change it. Why Codemasters F1 2017 allow me just to put one UDP line on config file? Do I have any alternative? Sorry my poor english. 
12346»