Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA PIRELLI 2014

alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward

The Williams team dominated the first outings there, taking all victories until 1994. Michael Schumacher has won a total of six times, including his 1996 victory in heavy rain, which was his first for Ferrari. Mika Häkkinen took three victories and was on road for fourth in 2001 before his car failed on the last lap.

Since 2003 the race has been well attended thanks to success of Fernando Alonso. Alonso finished second in 2003 and 2005 before taking victory from pole in 2006. Alonso also finished third in 2007, with two further second places in 2010 and 2012, where he finished behind the Williams of Spanish speaking Pastor Maldonado, who won from pole; this was the first win and pole in a Grand Prix for a Venezulean driver and Williams' first win since the 2004 Brazilian Grand Prix and the team's first Spanish Grand Prix win and pole since 1997. Two Spanish drivers have won the Spanish Grand Prix; Carlos de Salamanca in 1923 and Alonso in 2006 and 2013, with Spanish speaking Juan Manuel Fangio winning in 1951 as well as Maldonado in 2012.

From 2013, the Spanish Grand Prix was supposed to alternate every year between the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Barcelona and the Valencia Street Circuit in Valencia,Spain.[1] However, this did not happen—Valencia dropped out for financial reasons and Catalunya will once again be the sole host of the Spanish Grand Prix.[2]

#FORZAJULES
KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!

Comments

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Looks like Vettel is out of FP1. Car came to a halt after 4 laps.  =))
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    Let's hope it's going to be a decent battle for 3rd between Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari... And the laptimes are only 2 seconds slower than last year's FP1.
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
    Looks like Vettel is out of FP1. Car came to a halt after 4 laps.  =))
    And he's out of FP2 as well due to wiring loom damage, it's a good thing Renault brought some upgrades to their power unit this weekend :P
    Go Honda!

One of the highlights of the year in my opinion.
    Go Honda!
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Its good not seeing Vettel  currently running around the track :D
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Lol abd people were saying Red Bull were really gonna catch up to Mercedes this weekend! Great new chassis for Vettel
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    Lol abd people were saying Red Bull were really gonna catch up to Mercedes this weekend! Great new chassis for Vettel
    Electrical issues apparently.
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• Chadwick8505Chadwick8505 Member Wheel Nut
    Vettel is out for FP2 as well. Woops haha
  • yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    Precautionary change to new chassis a 'sanity check' *snort* *giggle*
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • JensonBottomJensonBottom Member Pit Crew
    Hamilton is looking mighty for the race.
    Otherwise known as TomM_F1 and AquaF1.
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    Yep, not even Rosberg came close during his FP2-stint.

But, they are sharing all their data so I expect Rosberg to be much closer tomorrow. Still, Lewis to win.

• Skiddyboy13Skiddyboy13 Member Wheel Nut
    Vernge getting a 10 place grid drop for that loose wheel nut...? Ouch.

Harsh.

Whilst this might be to try and stop the pit crew from making these mistakes, there will always be human error :/
    Youtube & Twitter

To quote Grid: ''Just do your best, you can't do more''.

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Vernge getting a 10 place grid drop for that loose wheel nut...? Ouch.

Harsh.

Whilst this might be to try and stop the pit crew from making these mistakes, there will always be human error :/
    And a €30,000 fine.

Harsh for sure, especially on Vergne when it wasn't his fault and is out of his control.

Do you guys think this is on level, worse and more lenient than the penalties Ricciardo got for his wheel being loose?
    To me it's really weird it happened in free practice, it's not like you have to make the pitstop as fast as possible so I guess it was a wheelnut failure or something... Maybe something like the Williams drivers faced last year?
    Go Honda!
    Did Marussia change the brightness of their livery?
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

yugin96 said:
    Flying lap around the Circuit de Catalunya with Sebastian Vettel:

That Maldonado head at the lower left is SO evil :P
    Go Honda!
  • justbigleejustbiglee Member Champion
    Did Marussia change the brightness of their livery?
    The Marussia always looks red on the telly if you've seen it in real life its more like a really bright orange

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Yeah, you're right actually Lee. I went to the Silverstone YDT in 2013 and the Marussia looks more orange in real life
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    Who's Maldonado crashed into this time?
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn