Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Tyre wear bug - Wear depends on starting tyre?

HunterStaylHunterStayl Member, Drivers Unleaded
I´ve tested a lot in china with my league mates last week. 

Multiple Races on the same setups by clear weather, with the same driving style in the same cars ONLINE!

XBOX One - Online Mode - China - 50% - Clear Weather - Full lobbies - Same Setup ( Every Player got his own, but all players tested with the same in every race)

We have all  noticed the same...

Soft/medium: 5/6% tyre wear per lap on mediums
SS/medium: 7/8% tyre wear per lap on mediums

Just the Supersoft tyre wear never changed! All the time the new  supersofts are  at 75%  after 7 - 8 Laps

Summary: Starting on the supersofts in china is increasing the tyre wear of the softs and mediums massively. 

Post edited by Lozzy on

Comments

• HunterStaylHunterStayl Member, Drivers Unleaded
    edited October 2016
    I need to correct myself. It's not only in China.. I had tested it in Spain aswell.

Lap 1 - 3              Lap 3 - Lap 15               Lap 15 - 33
    Start:        Soft   / Medium 6-7% per Lap / Hard 5-6% per Lap / Soft 8-9% per Lap
    Start: Medium / Medium 4-5% per Lap / Hard 3-4% per Lap / Soft 8-9% per Lap

I can't see any reason why the tyre wear of the medium and the hard tyre should change like this! The only change in this races was the start tyre from the Quali. 

Should this be like this?
  • bastek2504bastek2504 Member New Car Smell
    Noticed the same in Bahrain, China and Spain. The tyre wear of the harder compounds is a lot higher if qualifying on the softer tyres as it is if you start on one of the harder compounds.
  • Driver74Driver74 Member Unleaded
    Thank you Hunterstayl. Great that you reported the problem and explained it so well.

More than 30 drivers from two league and  I completely agree with you !
  • ArcticAvenger2ArcticAvenger2 Member Unleaded
    This problem has to be fixed as soon as possible. Otherwise it will distort fair competition and will result to fix tyre strategies for those who want to gain unfair advantage on track. For league racing this bug is disastrous.
  • alex1994128alex1994128 Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    This might explain why in my league race in sunday i was the only one able to go 11 and 12 laps on Mediums with lean mix and minimum wheel lock starting in the SS, while the ppl that started on S or M were much more consistent with their tyre wear and had no issues doing 12+ laps with consistent speed.

Tbh this would be a massive bug that needs a fix ASAP

AOR and RaceDepartment PS4 racer
  • sena46babiloonsena46babiloon Member New Car Smell
    I confirm the report from Hunterstayl.  My friends and i have the same problem.
  • F1randokalbus22F1randokalbus22 Member, Drivers Race Steward
    Lozzy said:
    Updated the bug title. We'll have a look in to this.
    Same thing in here
  • jinCHEZjinCHEZ Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    I'll test this myself as well, as the sunday race was odd indeed, but I had practiced on the tyres and untill then I haven't noticed anything weird in those terms when starting on the harder compound (I do it more often in full qualy races, maybe not an issue there?) When I have some time, I'll put it in this area next ;)
  • TyranoTiggerTyranoTigger Member, Drivers Race Steward
    edited October 2016
    This might explain why in my league race in sunday i was the only one able to go 11 and 12 laps on Mediums with lean mix and minimum wheel lock starting in the SS, while the ppl that started on S or M were much more consistent with their tyre wear and had no issues doing 12+ laps with consistent speed.

Tbh this would be a massive bug that needs a fix ASAP

Similar thing in the PC race. I started on softs, made an early pitstop(lap 5) and still easily managed a 2 stop driving flat out with another soft stint. I was not conserving tyres in any way because I had to catch back up. Tyres at the end of the race were only around 65% wear I think. Raven on the other hand started on supersofts and struggled with tyre wear the whole race and had to 3 stop in the end. We only had 1 lap difference on tyre life in the 2nd stint but wildly different tyre wear percentages.

Overall this makes a lot of sense because I have often found strange things happening with the tyre wear. This could have been the cause all along.
    jinCHEZ said:
    I'll test this myself as well, as the sunday race was odd indeed, but I had practiced on the tyres and untill then I haven't noticed anything weird in those terms when starting on the harder compound (I do it more often in full qualy races, maybe not an issue there?) When I have some time, I'll put it in this area next ;)
    In all tests i've done the lobby was set on short qualifying. I don't know if this is also happening by racing without qualifiying or with full qualifying.
  • TyranoTiggerTyranoTigger Member, Drivers Race Steward
    jinCHEZ said:
    In all tests i've done the lobby was set on short qualifying. I don't know if this is also happening by racing without qualifiying or with full qualifying.
    Another useful test would be to start outside the top 10 on supersofts(so you get new tyres) and then on softs and compare the tyre wear of the mediums in that situation. Then we could narrow it down to a qualifying tyre issue or an issue that is just depending on the starting tyre completely.
    I've tested to race without qualifiying to get new tyres in spain and this are the results

Catalunya - 50% Race only - Clear weather-  4 people - same setup

Lap 1 - 3                 Lap 3 - Lap 15                   Lap 15 - 33
    Start:        Soft   / Medium 6-7% per Lap / Hard 5-6% per Lap
    Start: Medium / Medium 4-5% per Lap / Hard 3-4% per Lap

same as with quali..  in my opinion it is the softest compound as Starting tyre on the track wich is increasing the tyre wear of the other compounds.

• 7thGearRL7thGearRL Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Any updates on this? is it being investigated still?
  • LozzyLozzy Member, Codemasters Champion
    No update yet but we are looking in to it.
  • SvenZSven1SvenZSven1 Member New Car Smell
    I agree!!!
    Have the same **** bug, but nobody else in my league got it, so its really really unfair for me

And i have this bug at every single track in 100% races
  • jinCHEZjinCHEZ Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    It's weird that nobody else got it tho. Are you sure you're connecting the right dots? I assume you have higher tyre wear than someone else?
  • alex1994128alex1994128 Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    edited October 2016
    i ran another race for myself in china and i got much less tyre wear when i started in softs, in fact i was able to do two soft stint and one medium stint, while in my League race i really stuggled to make the mediums last.

Usually @jinCHEZ you always had worse tyre wear then me , because you are on a pad and i have a good tyre wear among the wheel users, but in china it was really odd how the ppl that started outside iof the top 10 could make the tyres last.

to put it in perpective i was the only one of the whole Top 10 qualifiers to make a two stop work, while the ppl below had no issues to do a two stop.  

But then again china is a really extreme track and maybe therefore tiny differences in tyre wear can have really big consequences on track, but it is quite frustrating to save the tyres like mad, while you know that your rival can push them because he started further down the order. 
    AOR and RaceDepartment PS4 racer
    edited October 2016
    After a lot testing i'm 100% sure that the problem is the softest compound as starting and not as quali tyre which is changing the tyre wear.. (Tested it in spain with dry quali and raining start. One time with softs in quali and one time with mediums in quali and the tyre wear didn't changed cause i started pn intermediats or/and heavy wets!) And it's happening on every track. But at some tracks it has, like @alex1994128 said, bigger consequences...

It's also in Monaco:
          Lap 1 - 5              Lap 5 - 22                  Lap 22 - 39
    Start: Ultrasoft / Supersoft 4% per Lap / Soft 2-3% per Lap
    Start: Supersoft / Supersoft 3% per Lap / Soft 2% per Lap

The difference on the Softs is really minimal in case of the normal low tyre wear. But sometimes if starting on the Ultras there are 2% in one second Straight outta nowhere and pushing me on 3-4 % 

And all people i've told this weird "bug" or change noticed the same after they have tested it by themselves 

Post edited by HunterStayl on
This discussion has been closed.