Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Please add MFi controller support to iOS F1 2016 game

Stelph82Stelph82 Member New Car Smell
Made an account just to post this! The game looks amazing and runs very smoothly, however a huge omission is being able to use an MFi (made for iphone) game controller, please can this be added in the next update? 

Comments

• LuckyKvDLuckyKvD Member New Car Smell
    Yes - Please support the MFI - Controller!!!
  • MvKesterenMvKesteren Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    Would instantly buy an MFI-controller if you would support them! Already bought the game, it is downloading right now!
  • RobiPhoneRobiPhone Member New Car Smell
    Yes!! Please add controller support, its all well and good playing on an iPhone but what about holding an iPad Pro for steering when a controller would be a big help.

Also whilst I am on it....Its a fantastic port and great game (have it on PC) just a shame Codemasters did not spend a bit more time making the graphics sharper, adding decent car setup and dynamic weather.

I really do hope Codemaster produce updates to this game that include all of these requirements that I am sure many many other players would appreciate
  • RobiPhoneRobiPhone Member New Car Smell
    edited November 2016
    Yes!! Please add controller support, its all well and good playing on an iPhone but what about holding an iPad Pro for steering when a controller would be a big help.

Also whilst I am on it....Its a fantastic port and great game (have it on PC) just a shame Codemasters did not spend a bit more time making the graphics sharper (or at least have some graphics settings for different devices), adding decent car setup and dynamic weather.

I really do hope Codemaster produce updates to this game that include all of these requirements that I am sure many many other players would appreciate
  • Stelph82Stelph82 Member New Car Smell
    Agree with the graphics, they are very good but for example real racing 3 edges it just in my opinion -  perhaps more scaling up of graphics for the more powerful 6s and 7 iPhones 

I think the basic setup of the game is fine tbh, it's a mobile game and not intended tonne a full port of the console version and is priced as such, so the more basic graphics/settings/features make sense as does the shorter race eeekends rather than a full career to me - it's just the controller support that I miss since in games like real racing it really makes it easier to keep control of the car, -: touchscreen tend to be a but jumpy when you're trying to steer and brake at the same time
  • GameviceGamevice Member New Car Smell
    RobiPhone said:

Also whilst I am on it....Its a fantastic port and great game (have it on PC) just a shame Codemasters did not spend a bit more time making the graphics sharper (or at least have some graphics settings for different devices), adding decent car setup and dynamic weather.

Gamevice makes a controller for the iPad Pro for the very reason RobiPhone mentions. If Codemasters want a few samples to assist in development just ask!!!
  • YacopyYacopy Member New Car Smell
    Yes.  Please add mfi controller support.  Love the idea of the game and it had potential to be a flagship game for the Apple TV , but it is let down by having to use the siri remote. Disappointed the game doesn't support mfi controllers - hopefully being version 1.0 the support will be there sooner than later.
    Yacopy said:
    Yes.  Please add mfi controller support.  Love the idea of the game and it had potential to be a flagship game for the Apple TV , but it is let down by having to use the siri remote. Disappointed the game doesn't support mfi controllers - hopefully being version 1.0 the support will be there sooner than later.
    Does it definately not support a controller on Apple TV? The review below suggests you can play with the steepseries Nimbus - its gaming on mobile which doesnt support MFI at the moment which is a shame
    https://www.macstories.net/reviews/game-day-f1-2016/
  • PtiNonoPtiNono Member New Car Smell
    edited November 2016
    Sorry but adding mfi would kill the game, definitely not fair for those who play without controller.
    It s meant to be played like that, remember it s a mobile game afterall. And that's make we are all equals concerning the playability and that's the challenge.
    If you want pad, get a console,or better, a pc with a wheel.
    Post edited by PtiNono on
  • BigWhiteyBigWhitey Member New Car Smell
    edited November 2016
    PtiNono said:
    Sorry but adding mfi would kill the game, definitely not fair for those who play without controller.
    It s meant to be played like that, remember it s a mobile game afterall. And that's make we are all equals concerning the playability and that's the challenge.
    I think that players who use the pro tilt control mode would be faster than players who use a controller. I've set some really good laps using pro tilt with all of the assists turned off. It's much-more direct than a controller ever could be. The only advantage for controller players that I can think of is when it comes to not locking the wheels when braking, but I think that the worse steering of a controller sort of offsets that.
    PtiNono said:
    I disagree that it would kill the game, personally I can't get the hang of playing on the iPhone with the tilt controls and so use the on screen steering wheel and have become quite proficent with it with no assists - being able to use a controller would be no different to using an on screen controls like this bar making it more comfortable for longer races, and it would help with the occasional mis-press of the brake/accelerometer that I currently find using touchscreen controls

As noted above, it seems the apple TV already has support for a controller so there's no benefit to be had for mobile users to get controller use too
  • PetulePPetuleP Member New Car Smell
    I would be happy for MFI controllers support too! I hope, that this game will be a big success for Codemasters, so they could be making great updates. For example MFI controllers support at first, then betterment of physics, graphics tuning etc... And at least, I hope for more games like this in the future - no IAP. A rally game would be like a dream for me! :smile:

• RobuparockRobuparock Member New Car Smell
    Please, please please add support for MFI controllers on IOS F1, 2016. I bought this game thinking MFI was available as with 2014. A controller is a lot more enjoyable.
  • DIESEL67DIESEL67 Member New Car Smell
    Please add support for controller!
    Thanks!
  • jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    Hi @Robuparock and @DIESEL67, MFI controllers are supported on Apple TVs.
  • GuççiniGuççini Member New Car Smell
    Please add MFI controller support lads F1 2016 is an amazing game, but the controls feel unnatural to a veteran F1 Xbox player. Don't have Apple TV, so some MFI support would be ace

It’s the fact that MFI controllers are activated on the apple TV and not the iPhone and iPad that puzzles me, there are a lot of people who want to use their smartphones/tablets as proper gaming devices and so get either Bluetooth controllers or MFI controllers for their mobile devices – the touchscreen controls you have implemented are excellent, but occasionally it misunderstands a press (i.e. accelerates when I want to brake) which can ruin a race and makes it hard to want to do more than a couple of laps per race – full controller support would fix that and make it a better game all round