Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Some feedback and suggestions. TL;DR: the frame rate is choppy, and can we have a manual shift mode?

BigWhiteyBigWhitey Member New Car Smell
First of all, it's refreshing to play a mobile racing game that doesn't try to force-feed you with in-app purchases. The game itself is pretty damn good too, and while the graphics aren't as good as Real Racing 3, they still hold up quite well.

However, the frame rate is really choppy on my iPad Mini 4 with iOS 10.1.1. If the game cannot be optimised any further, could we please have at least a graphics slider? I'm just not enjoying the game as much as I could be. 60fps would be incredible, but lower than that would be fine, as long as the frame rate is consistent.

As for feature suggestions, could we please have a manual shifting mode? So for example, with the pro tilt controls, the throttle and brake could be on the right-side of the screen, and shift-up and shift-down on the left-side of the screen. Also, unless I missed it, could we have a replay feature? I think it would be really cool if it was just like the televised F1 races, with appropriate camera placements, and a real-time leaderboard.

Comments

• FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited November 2016
    Manual shifting is hard to work well with iOS mobile racing apps due to the tilt nature of playing the game.  I'm a major RR3er and will try this game out when it's a bit more polished in terms of frame race and tilt playability.

Once this game is quite polished it should be a good challenge to Freemium RR3 who dollar and pound you to death for just one car.....the price point on this game is perfect with no in-app purchases.
    If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired us all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory!

"Gone in 60 Seconds"
  • losmatzolosmatzo Member New Car Smell
    edited November 2016
    The KI must be improved asap. The crashes I had where caused by real annoying KI drivers.
    For example: I drove the first race in Australia. As I came the start/finish lane along a KI driver
    came out of the pit lane and flips direct the the left side and hit me.
    KI in general is very weak.

I think we should decide by our own to drive behind the safety car or not. Today I had a safety car
    situation and my car was on autopilot and had some strange issues like bouncing from one site
    to the other. At the end all cars where stopped like red flag situation.

Warm up round would be nice too. Lets drife by our own to the grid. 

Anyway, there are many things to improve and to add but thank you so much that you brought this
    game to IOS. I love it already and I am looking forward to many updates.

Thx
  • BigWhiteyBigWhitey Member New Car Smell
    Manual shifting is hard to work well with iOS mobile racing apps due to the tilt nature of playing the game.  I'm a major RR3er and will try this game out when it's a bit more polished in terms of frame race and tilt playability.

Once this game is quite polished it should be a good challenge to Freemium RR3 who dollar and pound you to death for just one car.....the price point on this game is perfect with no in-app purchases.
    It certainly would be hard to work with for most players, I agree, but after playing so many hours of Real Racing 3 and now this, I think I would really appreciate the challenge. I always use manual with clutch when I play Forza on XB1, so it feels like I'm missing half of the game when I can't shift the gears myself.

I don't think it would hurt too much to just have the option of a manual shifting mode. Plus, I can't think of any other popular iOS racing game that has a manual shifting mode. As this is supposed to be a simulator game, I think the option of manual shifting could work wonders for advertising the game.

I'll tell you what, if this game had the graphics and polish of RR3, it would be pretty close to perfect. I really hope that Codemasters will put a bit more work into the game.
    losmatzo said:
    The KI must be improved asap. The crashes I had where caused by real annoying KI drivers.
    For example: I drove the first race in Australia. As I came the start/finish lane along a KI driver
    came out of the pit lane and flips direct the the left side and hit me.
    KI in general is very weak.

I think we should decide by our own to drive behind the safety car or not. Today I had a safety car
    situation and my car was on autopilot and had some strange issues like bouncing from one site
    to the other. At the end all cars where stopped like red flag situation.

Warm up round would be nice too. Lets drife by our own to the grid. 

Anyway, there are many things to improve and to add but thank you so much that you brought this
    game to IOS. I love it already and I am looking forward to many updates.

Thx
    The AI does need to be improved, absolutely. They move around awkwardly, and I've found that they treat some races like a game of bumper cars. Worst of all, I receive the warning/penalty despite them crashing into me!
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    Thanks for your feedback all - we appreciate you taking the time to share this, and we're taking everyone's comments on board for future updates. 
    Thanks for your feedback all - we appreciate you taking the time to share this, and we're taking everyone's comments on board for future updates. 
    Thanks for letting us know! I was starting to get worried that everyone at Codemasters was dead!

Just two other problems which I did not mention earlier - there seems to be problems with signs appearing through terrain on Catalunya, if that makes sense, and also the AI racers just seem a bit silly.
  • RobuparockRobuparock Member New Car Smell
    Please can you add MFI controller support?