Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2016 Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix | THE DECIDER

Lets get the hype going right now, I can't wait for this race.

Who's gonna do it then? Rosberg or Hamilton.

My head says Rosberg, he should be able to easily come home in 2nd place and take the title. My heart says Hamilton.

I'm hoping Hamilton can do a Raikkonen from back in 2007. With 2 races to go, there was no way Raikkonen was ever going to win the championship. He was 17 points behind with 20 remaining, so he had to win both races and have Hamilton DNF from one, and come 7th in the other, with Alonso having mediocre races.

And that was EXACTLY what happened. If you compare this year to then, Hamilton has got a much easier job, but his late season form is similar to what Raikkonen had, just comfortably winning the last couple of races, with his rival having an issue in the last race. Will it happen again this year?
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters

Comments

• JiggyJiggy Co-Driver
    I want to laugh at Twitter and Reddit, so I'm gunning for Rosberg.
  • Whoever smashes Rosberg out of the race I will pleasure them. 

Nohomo :joy:
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Petrol Head
    edited November 2016
    Hamilton vs Rosberg is for a tinpot title. 

The real thing being decided here is the predictor game.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• I think it would be hysterical if Rosberg took Hamilton out on lap 1. The irony of Hamilton losing a championship the way his idol won one would be huge. It might actual make for a good race at Abu Dhabi with a Red Bull or Ferrari duel.

And it would give Hamilton fans a lot to talk about in the off season. They could say how Hamilton was the rightful champion and how Rosberg doesn't deserve it. I wouldn't want them to be bored all winter  ;)
  • I'm torn. On one-hand Hamilton has has more mechanical issues than Rosberg, and to be so close with one race to go...it's hard not to claim he deserves the championship. On the other hand, Rosberg has experienced *some* issues as well and has been consistent when needed.

While I enjoy watching Hamilton more then Rosberg, I hope Nico wins it next week because then he has one and it's off his shoulders. He could do nothing else in his career and he would at least have that.

Then, in 2017, Alonso can get some wins and his third championship and retire...
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • WynterdustWynterdust Team Principal
    I personally hope Nico wins as I don't see him getting another chance. It's much the same reason I was rooting for Webber in 2010. I think the fact that he's given Lewis a run for his money is an achievement but I think it would be great if he went all the way. He's always been great and you could see it in his Williams days and I think it would be a shame if someone who's given Lewis and Schumi a hard time doesn't win at least one. Then again, what happens happens and I wouldn't complain an ounce if Lewis wins. They both deserve it really.

T- "I don't consider you my enemy."

K- "Oh? I didn't consider you at all."

T- "Now that's just hurtful..."

• Hamilton all day as if you recognise my name then you know who I support but don't get me wrong Rosberg has done superbly well but 5/6 races of them was either Hamilton had engine failures and got taken out and also poor starts without that  he would be comfortably leading the championship in just putting it out there and had he won in Malaysia which he should of then the title would of been his already 
  • Hamilton all day as if you recognise my name then you know who I support but don't get me wrong Rosberg has done superbly well but 5/6 races of them was either Hamilton had engine failures and got taken out and also poor starts without that  he would be comfortably leading the championship in just putting it out there and had he won in Malaysia which he should of then the title would of been his already 
    How's the saying go? If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all be world champions. 
  • I've worked out the title computations.
    • If Rosberg finishes on the podium, he wins the title
    • If Rosberg finishes ahead of Hamilton, he wins the title
    • If Hamilton wins, Rosberg must finish fourth or lower for Lewis to win the title
    • Hamilton 2nd, Rosberg 7th - Lewis' title
    • Hamilton 3rd, Rosberg 9th - Lewis' title
    • Hamilton 4th, Rosberg 11th - Rosberg wins the title on second-placed finishes

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• You've missed one, if Rosberg smashes into Hamilton at turn 1 he wins the title.
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Race Engineer
    edited November 2016
    fIsince08 said:
    I've worked out the title computations.
    • If Rosberg finishes on the podium, he wins the title
    • If Rosberg finishes ahead of Hamilton, he wins the title
    • If Hamilton wins, Rosberg must finish fourth or lower for Lewis to win the title
    • Hamilton 2nd, Rosberg 7th - Lewis' title
    • Hamilton 3rd, Rosberg 9th - Lewis' title
    • Hamilton 4th, Rosberg 11th - Rosberg wins the title on second-placed finishes
    Thank you Mr Hawking. 

If Rosberg wins it all this weekend my opinion is he's no less deserving of a title than others who've won it before. To put a bit of perspective on it - if he was Fisichella's teammate in 2005 he'd be a world champion. If he was Barrichello's teammate in 2009 he'd be a world champion. Hell, if he'd been Webber's teammate 2010-2013 he'd probably have at least 3. Yet very few people question the credentials of Alonso, Button or Vettel now. 

I think that's how it would be looked on 5 years down the road if he did win it, seen as memories in F1 tend to be very short. He's been up against Hamilton in the prime of his career, and has taken the title to the last race in 2 out of the 3 years they've spent in a dominant car. He's a very good driver who has a number of short comings that have prevented him from becoming a great driver (race craft being number 1 on that list), and for that it's clear that Hamilton is the better driver. But in the context of history, deserving of a world title? Absolutely, imo. 
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Petrol Head
    To be honest I always think Nico is one of those drivers who, if he wins a title, not many people would say he didn't deserve one. And if he didn't win one, not many people would sit there in 10 years making a fuss saying he deserved one. If you understand what I mean. 

It's not like say, Alonso who will always be remembered for winning less titles than he really deserved. And some might say that Vettel winning more is unfair based on their talent, although no one would deny Vettel deserves to be a champion. 

Personally I just go with the idea of, if you win a title, you deserved to win one. Much less complicated..

| 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• So Rosberg refused to shake Hamilton's hand before the press conference, then Lewis has hinted at some foul play at Mercedes...

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• JiggyJiggy Co-Driver
    They both refused, Rachel Brookes spinned it into making it seem Nico rejected Lewis because she's on his ****.
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Team Principal
    Can't blame her ...

• Well Rosberg did verbally refuse, Lewis did nothing. I wouldn't shake hands either though, once the title has been won I'd shake the winners hand.
  • JiggyJiggy Co-Driver
    Can't blame her ...

Can't jam the Ham and get away with it love
  • I've bought a bottle of rum, because if Rosberg wins it I'm gonna need it. 

And if Hamilton wins it, I'm gonna need it :p 
  • HughesyHughesy Champion
    edited November 2016
    I'll need more than a bottle of rum if Rosberg wins, I'll need a bottle of absinthe. That stuff works great for forgetting stuff, in Ibiza I bought a bottle of red absinthe and can't remember the next few days :joy:

• MexicolaMexicola Race Engineer
    Absinthe is moreish. Never had bad craic on it.