Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

LED TV

I am thinking of buying a new Samsung led curve 49" tv and would like to know if I will have any issues with screen burn,I play an hour or so on f1 2016,I had an LG lcd about 5 years or so ago and had screen burn from playing f1 2011.
I have a Samsung 43" plasma at the moment which I have had for 3 years and had no issues,but not too sure on the new led technology.
Any advice would be greatly  appreciated.

Comments

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Plasma TV's are more prone to screen burn than LED LCD TV's. If you leave a static image on screen for a while any screen will get screen burn. Just having a fast moving object displayed will get rid of any burn in. My monitor has a program built in to get rid of any. As for the TV itself, curved TV's are pointless and make no sense. For a monitor it makes sense as you are a lot closer to the screen, but for a TV it's just a gimmick to sell more TV's but at a higher price.
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    The only choice is an OLED. The blacker blacks brings out the richness of the colours in the cardoons.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    But they also suffer from burn in a lot more than any other type and also degrade in quality fast compared to LCD. IPS lcd is the best, it's what my monitor uses and most high end phones.
  • SalCoSalCo Member New Car Smell
    I have to agree with onetwothree. I have an OLED screen and the colours look phenomenal!