Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally Road Book - 09/12/16

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager

Hello! And yes, it’s that time again – time for the DiRT Rally Road Book! This will be our last entry for this year, as the HQ head count starts to dwindle in advance of the holidays – but don’t worry, we’ll be back here in January with some actual, proper news. I know some of you have been struggling to deal with the lack of chat around what the studio are up to, but we’ll be lifting the lid on that pretty soon. You’ll just have to keep your eyes peeled for that.  ;)

Anyway, enough about how awesome 2017’s going to be – let’s crack on with the final entry of 2016!

The Community Day

As some of you might have gathered from various clues around the web, we had some old (and new!) faces into the building to see some stuff that hasn’t been seen before. I’d love to show you photos and everything... but I can’t. However, what I can say is that our beautiful new playtest facility did the job. If you don’t remember what that looked like from a few Road Books back, this was before everyone arrived...

[see original post for images]

And alright alright, here’s a sneaky peek of what it looked like when people were in there:

Not only that, but we’ve had a couple of legends in lately too. We’ve got a couple of pictures... but we’ve save them for later, as they’re much more impressive when they’re not pixelated. Needless to say though, it’s not just our lovely community gang who popped in for a cuppa. All of our VIPs were all caught on camera at some stage though – so who knows when that will surface? (We do!)  

An early Christmas present

Leaderboard legend and all-round good guy Porkhammer sent us an incredible early Christmas present this month! We put a photo of his incredible Mini model on Twitter, but you need to see it from all the angles for it to be done justice. Here are a few more snaps of his handiwork – turns out, he’s good with his hands away from the wheel as well!

A massive thank you to Porky for the early Christmas present, and for everyone who’s sent us awesome gifts over the past year. We can’t thank you enough for your time, effort, and continued support. It means the world.

Red Bull Games’ Racing Game of the Year poll

Rather delightfully, as you may or may not have seen on Twitter, we’ve been nominated as a potential candidate for Red Bull Games’ Racing Game of the Year honour! If you fancy chucking us a vote, you’re more than welcome to head over to their website and have your say:

Voting closes on the 12th December, so if you’re going to vote for us, make sure you do it before then. ;) We also have another game in the mix that you might like (you know, the F1 one) but we’d hope we’d triumph against the pointy cars that only on gravel when they make a mistake! Plus, even F1 drivers play DiRT...

Drivetribe

Oh yeah, we’re on Drivetribe now! We’re still learning the ropes, but come join our gang! Or tribe. Or something. You can find us over here: 

Tweets of the Week

You guys are still absolutely killing it with the old Twitter stuff. As usual, here are a handful of our favourite 140 character nuggets of joy:

A big thank you

Finally, with the end of the year just around the corner, we have to say a massive thank you to those of you who’ve stayed with us. This year’s been a big one for us – we’ve come out of Early Access, launched on PS4 and Xbox, and clocked up almost 300 million community kilometres – and we couldn’t have done it without you. We hope you all have an absolutely delightful holiday season, and we’ll see you back here next year for more. 

Comments

• PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    Keep up the amazing work, DiRT team! <3    

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."

-Juan Manuel Fangio

• boganibogani Member Champion
    Ha. SMUG Paul made the roadbook!               

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• KevMKevM Member Champion
    Looks like it's nearly time to re-invest in a PC & some Logitech-ness...
  • BadD0gBadD0g Member Petrol Head
    Happy Holidays to the DiRT team! Looking forward to what's in store for next year.
    |  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X  |  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2  |  Case: Corsair Carbide 200R  |  OS: Win7 |
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
  • KimJonUnKimJonUn Member New Car Smell
    Have a great Christmas and New Year folks.
    TitzonToast