Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Are you disappointed by Codemasters?

StaatsfeindNr1StaatsfeindNr1 Member New Car Smell
The Question is simple and clear. Do you like the way how they handle the Contact with the Community? The way they do not want to hear what we want!

Are you disappointed by Codemasters? 92 votes

Yes I'm extremely disappointed and that will influence my choice to buy another F1 Title.
52%
tarrantinoMurraysMicOperator1skiwiProtiousFalcon4LGS469TuttiMattiAsturboFRACTUREDcoolieboyMR61088ImDyingYouIdiotvincenzo19hobbsy777CmdrCodynewmanfan1ZvikoxThePerFecTioNOdemdemz 48 votes
Other Developers do it definitely better! But I still love Codemasters
19%
scottishwildcatForzaAlonso1D4rioAdamFreemanHalukbaymantazzokevinkirkkingmjjcarpaFarukhAbdTrueRacerMicsilentgrpropunkianROW2001oner7ComairisEstrayOneNBArobin 18 votes
No they do a good job.
28%
VirtuaIceMansjsharp2010OGFedfanWynterdustByrnedwin20Luke99311512marcelBukharovGpClubUnderZiceEdwardoAndrettiFOneFanaticmarsal79SamReaNSirPhilMcKrakenreaganfarmermrchpukerDanJ135Samzagee 26 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• ZvikoZviko Member Race Steward
    edited January 10
    Yes I'm extremely disappointed and that will influence my choice to buy another F1 Title.
    The Question is simple and clear. Do you like the way how they handle the Contact with the Community? The way they do not want to hear what we want!
    Should i just give you a sarcastic answer? I wont even bother,...the answer is pretty clear as well and you dont need a poll to figure it out.
  • StaatsfeindNr1StaatsfeindNr1 Member New Car Smell
    Zviko said:
    Should i just give you a sarcastic answer? I wont even bother,...the answer is pretty clear as well and you dont need a poll to figure it out.
    For us it is simple but obviously not for Codemasters! We have to push them out of their comfort zone.  And a well noticed Poll is a little but good step. Even better than be quiet like a mouse.
    Zviko said:
    For us it is simple but obviously not for Codemasters! We have to push them out of their comfort zone.  And a well noticed Poll is a little but good step. Even better than be quiet like a mouse.
    Are you new or something? We've been pushing them for years now... its not about us anymore. They clearly dont care about what we say/want...
    Zviko said:
    Zviko said:
    Are you new or something? We've been pushing them for years now... its not about us anymore. They clearly dont care about what we say/want...
    haha no but I say "never give up" Give em a shitstorm like hell and you will see that they react. The problem is that all the kids out there....year after year buying it and fill they're paychecks
  • FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited January 10
    No they do a good job.
    F1 2016 is still the greatest F1 game they ever produced !!! What are you all so disappointed about!!!??? Come on folks, I know you all can do better than that. After all who better suited to produce the 2017 game for consoles, if there is going to be one!!!
    If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired up all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory.
    "Gone in 60 Seconds"
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited January 10
    F1 2016 is still the greatest F1 game they ever produced !!! What are you all so disappointed about!!!??? Come on folks, I know you all can do better than that. After all who better suited to produce the 2017 game for consoles, if there is going to be one!!!
    Because there are still some serious issues within the game and Codemasters' is completely unwilling to react to them. You know, the usual.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
    Because there are still some serious issues within the game and Codemasters' is completely unwilling to react to them. You know, the usual.
    Absolutely right! And all in all the support with Patches and the response to their customer's is absolutely Sh**!  They take our money, release some patches who ruined the game and that's it...have fun with a totally buggy game.
    The biggest disappointment is that they( i think @jennyannem) actually promised us they will be a lot more interactive with us and try to make the game we all want and deserve. That was ofcourse way before the game was released where beta testing happened. I guess we missed that small print under that promise which clearly said this promise lasts till game releases on 19th of August. After that go f yourselves and wait for our new porudct when same thing  happens again. Instead of telling us time to time what should/shouldnt be discussed, closing threads which are actually good and giving warnings for stupid reasons because you dont have something better to do, step it up and do something with this game or atealst tell us already wether we can expect anything or not.
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Petrol Head
    Im going to have to defend codemasters when it comes to F1 2016. Its a great game. Miles above any of their other F1 games. The step up was there and plain to see. Developing  the game they added things we wanted mentioned on this forum, options we wanted that were mentioned on this forum, and did the job. Not to long ago we were congradulating codemaster and the community manager of doing a good job. In a yearly released game the window that happins in is very small and yes it has closed. Note that I'm not seeing any of the bugs you guys are speaking about with my game play. I'm happy with F1 2016 and certainly didn't regret buying it on day one.
    Xbox one, controller
  • vvvilivvvili Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    First of all, an excellent topic. And yes, I am extremely disappointed. It almost makes it even worse that Lozzy is commenting on topics that doesn't include tyrewear glitches or questions about patches. It just shows they read it all but don't bother being honest with us. 

Every day without a comment on the tyrewear glitch or patches is a day closer to that point when I choose not to buy any products made by Codemasters. It's as simple as that. 
    kevinkirk said:
    Im going to have to defend codemasters when it comes to F1 2016. Its a great game. Miles above any of their other F1 games. The step up was there and plain to see. Developing  the game they added things we wanted mentioned on this forum, options we wanted that were mentioned on this forum, and did the job. Not to long ago we were congradulating codemaster and the community manager of doing a good job. In a yearly released game the window that happins in is very small and yes it has closed. Note that I'm not seeing any of the bugs you guys are speaking about with my game play. I'm happy with F1 2016 and certainly didn't regret buying it on day one.
    As far as i remember you are the guy who flamed Codemasters so much just because you couldnt adjust your cockpit cam am I right? Your wish came true and now they are the best? :)
    Anyway....Im just kidding and i actually agree with you. They did a very good job with 2016 game especially if you compare it to 2015. They added stuff like SC we desperatly wanted, career mode, they improved handling which was pretty good in 2015 etc etc. So yes the game is great. On paper.....what would make the game really great is that all these new stuff actually worked properly. To much bugs, glitches, whatever you want to call it. They fixed some and created new ones at the same time. And now what? Are they finished? Just like that? What about other 586000 bugs?

If you decide you want to make something good and you even involve your 300 customers who will now deffinitelly buy the game you have no choice but actually finish the product. If you dont you are just...what? A thief? They should give us a refund for unfinished product like Samsung did for their Note 7. Unfortunately, nothing has been blown up by F1 2016 disc so we wont see that happening.
  • WynterdustWynterdust Member Team Principal
    edited January 11
    No they do a good job.
    I've never not enjoyed one of their F1 games and I've had very few issues with the games. (I don't play multiplayer though so perhaps I'm missing the issues).
    2016 is a massive step forward from not just any of their previous games but any official F1 game to date. The career mode is great and hopefully they only go forward with that. The only issue I have with 2016 is that once the upgrades are completed in career mode then that's it. If they figure a way for 2017 to make it so R&D continues through all ten seasons with different results each time rather than reverting to season 1 order in the end and perhaps introducing a winter testing scenario (not only to further influence the next season but to make sure we can spend upgrade points between Abu Dhabi and Melbourne) then I personally think they've got the game nailed. The career mode at least.

And let's be realistic: Who else is going to do a better job while ensuring it's on all the formats? EA is the only other company that could realistically do it but their racing games are definitely not their strong point.

T- "I don't consider you my enemy."

K- "Oh? I didn't consider you at all."

T- "Now that's just hurtful..."

• kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Petrol Head
    Zviko said:
    kevinkirk said:
    As far as i remember you are the guy who flamed Codemasters so much just because you couldnt adjust your cockpit cam am I right? Your wish came true and now they are the best? :)
    Anyway....Im just kidding and i actually agree with you. They did a very good job with 2016 game especially if you compare it to 2015. They added stuff like SC we desperatly wanted, career mode, they improved handling which was pretty good in 2015 etc etc. So yes the game is great. On paper.....what would make the game really great is that all these new stuff actually worked properly. To much bugs, glitches, whatever you want to call it. They fixed some and created new ones at the same time. And now what? Are they finished? Just like that? What about other 586000 bugs?

If you decide you want to make something good and you even involve your 300 customers who will now deffinitelly buy the game you have no choice but actually finish the product. If you dont you are just...what? A thief? They should give us a refund for unfinished product like Samsung did for their Note 7. Unfortunately, nothing has been blown up by F1 2016 disc so we wont see that happening.
    for my little world of just single race mode gameplay, the game finally got were I wanted it to be and I'm still happy with it for that reason 
    Xbox one, controller
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited January 11
    No they do a good job.
    Despite occasional bugs this game brought me hours of pleasure. I don't know if other developers will do a better job, so I can't judge. However, the current radio silence is not good. After all the effort they put into involving the community we are back to zero again. That's something I, and most of you probably don't understand.
    If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver.
    Ayrton Senna
  • vincenzo19vincenzo19 Member New Car Smell
    edited January 11
    vvvili said:
    First of all, an excellent topic. And yes, I am extremely disappointed. It almost makes it even worse that Lozzy is commenting on topics that doesn't include tyrewear glitches or questions about patches. It just shows they read it all but don't bother being honest with us. 

Every day without a comment on the tyrewear glitch or patches is a day closer to that point when I choose not to buy any products made by Codemasters. It's as simple as that. 
    Spot on! Couldn't agree more with this. Im not expecting codies to fix the tyrewear glitch or release any further patches....but how about...you know... ACKNOWLEDGING the issue!? Shows a blatant disregard for this community to be honest.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    F1 2016 was great up until release. Plenty of communication on the forums, discussions, feedback, explanations for certain design decisions, polls, surveys, early access group, beta group and then plenty of promises about how they would listen to our feedback (it was implied they wanted feedback, for example, about the Online Custom Championship...Nothing ever happened with that did it?) 

Since release it's all gone downhill, @Lozzy hamstrung by the Devs and can only assist with specific individual issues affecting a few users, no sign of fixes to major bugs or even an explanation as to why there hasn't been/won't be a fix, can't remember the last time @JennyAnneM was present in the console forum, multiple leagues stopped long before they usually would. Just really frustrated with them as a whole, refunded the game and moved on to other games. I'm done with the franchise if there is no change and this is the level of support we can expect ( my choice I'm not saying they should suddenly drop everything and fix the game to make sure I don't leave lol).

• BloomieJP30BloomieJP30 Member New Car Smell
    No they do a good job.
    Have you ever thought that maybe the reason that Codemasters, more specifically @Lozzy and @jennyannem etc. haven't responded to these threads and instead other ones is because: 1) There is so many that they don't have time to respond to them, or 2) The way in which you guys say this stuff comes across as obnoxious and whiney and they can't be bothered to deal with it. I'm not defending them as they obviously need to improve the community feedback but you aren't helping yourselves.
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Team Principal
    Have you ever thought that maybe the reason that Codemasters, more specifically @Lozzy and @jennyannem etc. haven't responded to these threads and instead other ones is because: 1) There is so many that they don't have time to respond to them, or 2) The way in which you guys say this stuff comes across as obnoxious and whiney and they can't be bothered to deal with it. I'm not defending them as they obviously need to improve the community feedback but you aren't helping yourselves.
    1. You did just defend them.

2. The non-existent communication approach from Codemasters is our fault. I mean, what? It is the fault of the community, that they are unable/unwilling to release a statement regarding the state of the game, the acknowledgement of bugs, and whether or not there are currently working on patches.

Welp, sorry guys. I guess I messed up. And so did you guys. Shame on you!
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
    1) Absolutely not the case. The amount of threads are created now is nothing compared to when game released and couple of weeks after. If they could answer to pretty much every thread posted that made any sense than there is no reason they cant now. I mean...thats their job isnt it? Get feedback from forums to devs. Why do we have forums if that is not the case? If we just talk to each other discissing what needs to be fixed it doesnt help anyone, which is your point 2. We need them and they need us if they want to make something good. Exactly how it was in development phase should be throughout the year until everything is fixed.
  • speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Pit Crew
    I've voted yes but I do accept that there probably isn't anyone out there who could/would do a better job or turn the game into a full sim.Having said all that I will not be buying any more games made by codemasters and have refunded 2016 for the simple reason that their support for the game and their complete disrespect for us as a community and as consumers is nothing short of disgraceful.If they came on here and said sorry guys but there will be no further support for 2016 no one would be happy but at least it wouldn't feel like saying hello to someone in the street and they just walk straight past you without acknowledging you.@Lozzy we all know that your policy is if it's bad news don't tell them but you have to see that it's stupid and disrespectful and your driving some of your most loyal customers away.
This discussion has been closed.