Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Announcing: DiRT Rally PS VR | Codemasters Blog

CodiesBlogBotCodiesBlogBot Member, Codemasters, Drivers admin

imageAnnouncing: DiRT Rally PS VR | Codemasters Blog

Since PS VR launched, we’ve had a lot of queries from you wanting to know if DiRT Rally was going to be available on the platform. Today, we’re delighted to announce that we’ll be adding PlayStation VR support to the game in the coming weeks!

Read the full story here

I am the Codies Blog bot, bringing you all the latest news from www.codiesblog.com. I am not human.

Comments

• ZdenoKZdenoK Member New Car Smell
    What a piece of news! It's Christmass again!
    Many thanks Codemasters!
  • maxqubitmaxqubit Member New Car Smell
    edited March 5
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Post edited by maxqubit on
  • Deadcow77Deadcow77 Member New Car Smell
    At last! A proper racing game comes to PSVR. Thank you guys, this is brilliant news.
  • PhilVheePhilVhee Member New Car Smell
    OK but what about new content ? Where are new tracks and new cars ? It's the pity !
  • GreekSchumiGreekSchumi Member New Car Smell
    Great news Codemasters!!!!
    Its greatly appreciated!
  • SittingSitting Member New Car Smell
    OMG !!!
    This is awesome !

Now more content and that will be the perfect racing game !
  • EmperorMordredEmperorMordred Member New Car Smell
    Awesome!

I have a few questions:
    Is the cheapest option to buy the game in the January sale now for 20€ and buy the DLC seperately or wait for the bundle?
    No other VR game made me instantly sick as Driveclub VR demo, that happened on the day of release though and I didn't try it again recently.
    I've read that there are seperate comfort ratings per track which is reassuring, but will there be any vr demo?
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Petrol Head
    Awesome!

I have a few questions:
    Is the cheapest option to buy the game in the January sale now for 20€ and buy the DLC seperately or wait for the bundle?
    No other VR game made me instantly sick as Driveclub VR demo, that happened on the day of release though and I didn't try it again recently.
    I've read that there are seperate comfort ratings per track which is reassuring, but will there be any vr demo?
    I haven't tried the Driveclub VR demo but I've tried DR with the PSVR and its very smooth and definitely playable but with VR in general, it will take a while to get used to. I've been using my Rift for months and takes a while but its worth it.
  • maximum96maximum96 Member New Car Smell
    What about us Xbox players. We get nothing after waiting so long. And I'm getting sick of this! So please at least add a few more tracks (mainly in rallycross) or cars just any new content that doesn't have to do with bugs or graphics. Because the physics, graphics and mechanics of the game are fantastic. P.s I know it's a lot to ask but could you consider making a game based on RX (World Rallycross) because you have the license to do so. Just like you do the F1 games. Anyway thank you for reading (if you have).
  • RhymzWithOrangeRhymzWithOrange Member New Car Smell
    Sounds exciting! I'm looking forward to trying it. Is it enhanced to mate use of the PS4 Pro too?
  • Malssp2Malssp2 Member New Car Smell
    Awesome news! I already love dirt rally but was really hoping it would come to psvr!
    Driveclub VR has been the most fun, Immersive driving game I have ever played but this should be it's equal if not better.
    £10 for what will feel like a new game is going to be awesome value.
    If you decide to do the same for f1 2016 I would probably buy that too.
    You just can't compare the immersion in VR with a normal driving game and dirt rally is the only game that managed to get any of my time next to Driveclub VR.
    So I can't wait for that feeling you get in vr when you leave the ground and look down ....
  • AIPacinoAIPacino Member New Car Smell
    edited January 16
    Don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, I'm very grateful for what you've done, but with so much hype built throughout the past months and with the hiring of Evolution Studios staff you kinda led us to think there was something bigger coming up like a big DLC pack with the cars and rallies requested by the community throughout the Early Access time or even a brand new game announcement for the future with the latest engine and new possibilities. I'm not saying PSVR isn't great, it sure is but... you know what i mean. The money is ready, just give us a big content pack and it's yours.
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Petrol Head
    AIPacino said:
    Don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, I'm very grateful for what you've done, but with so much hype built throughout the past months and with the hiring of Evolution Studios staff you kinda led us to think there was something bigger coming up like a big DLC pack with the cars and rallies requested by the community throughout the Early Access time or even a brand new game announcement for the future with the latest engine and new possibilities. I'm not saying PSVR isn't great, it sure is but... you know what i mean. The money is ready, just give us a big content pack and it's yours.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/5npsq7/so_was_psvr_all_they_were_working_on/
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    Awesome!

I have a few questions:
    Yes - if you pick it up before the Jan sale ends, and but the DLC, this will be the cheapest way to get the both before it comes out. :)

There won't be a demo though. 

AIPacino said:

It's not all we've been working on. Promise. ;)
  • PaulMorrisPaulMorris Member New Car Smell
    Brill news... but when please.......

Paul
  • BravoLimaBravoLima Member New Car Smell
    Driveclub VR took an absolute kicking on the graphics side compared to the normal Driveclub Game, so much so that I wouldn't have bought it if I knew how much it had been scaled back to support VR. What compromises have you had to make on graphics for the VR version of Dirt? (If any)
  • myNameIsYesAndNmyNameIsYesAndN Member New Car Smell
    Brill news... but when please.......

Paul
    Im going insane waiting for news on an exact release date!! Will the online upgrade release at the same time as the hard copy version. Ill probly get both anyway to support Codemasters. Dirt rally is the best racing game ever, hands down! Hats off to Codemasters. Gods among men!! 
  • SittingSitting Member New Car Smell
    This is awesome news.
    Any official release date please ?
  • BadgioBadgio Member New Car Smell
    It's true Driveclub did take a kicking on its way over to vr but imo vr the only way to race now. You do see jagged edges from time to time, less shadow/fx, lower res textures but this allows perfectly smooth 60fps+ gameplay and with the levels of immersion it brings I can forgive it these issues.

Tbh I am looking forward to a console that can handle 60fps while still pumping the graphical fidelity we have become accustomed to, and to second gen vr with higher res (4 or even 8k) screens but for now I am happy with what Sony is giving us and I'm sure I am going to love Dirt vr...

So is when the release date guys??

We want dirt vr!!
  • MattJosefczykMattJosefczyk Member New Car Smell
    edited February 1

So is when the release date guys??

We want dirt vr!!

Can't wait!  I got a new driving setup a few weeks ago and have been playing Dirt Rally a lot lately!   Totally addicted!  VR is going to be assome!
    Post edited by MattJosefczyk on