Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Motion Control PS4 - Tilt to Steer

maxqubitmaxqubit Member New Car Smell
On PSVR. Driveclub VR has this feature. You can steer by tilting the DS4 controller (using the build-in gyroscopes). It is great, and works wonders! Dirt Rally VR should have this as well

Motion Control PS4 - Tilt to Steer 11 votes

Yes, add Tilt-to-Steer as a DS4 controller option:)
81% 9 votes
No, don't add it because ...
18% 2 votes

Comments

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Team Principal
    Voted no because I think after the PSVR update, there wont be many more updates if we havent seen anything much in the last year. Good idea though except I probably wouldnt use it.
  • ErikSwedenErikSweden Member New Car Smell
    I voted Yes becouse I have wanted to use motion steer in Dirt Rally since it was first annonced. Project cars has it as an option and it works great. I will never play a racing game again without motion steer. (Therefore, I dont play Dirt Rally even though i have boguht it). I doesnt take mutch effort to implant in in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4. Just do it;) Please.  
  • Sylvano60Sylvano60 Member New Car Smell
    Motion control Is it a must for a beautiful game Dirt rally vr, a take no place and not cordon
  • BigWhiteyBigWhitey Member New Car Smell
    Tilt to steer works so incredibly well in Driveclub, so it was a shock to come over to Dirt Rally VR and there's no option for it! I hope it's added in eventually, because I just don't feel the desire to play the game without it. I don't want my $20 to have gone to waste.
    Their focus is most likely on Dirt 4 now so I wouldnt hold out hope
    Their focus is most likely on Dirt 4 now so I wouldnt hold out hope
    I hope that they implement it out of goodwill for their customers. I'd be more tempted to pre-order Dirt 4 if I knew that Codemasters listened, and responded to, feedback from the players.
    Is there a way to directly contact Codemasters about this?
    Theres listening and responding to feedback then theres adding a function for a game which is being phased out in favour of the new one. I find it very unlikely, I would instead suggest they include it in Dirt 4 instead.
  • AndreVreyAndreVrey Member New Car Smell
    Theres listening and responding to feedback then theres adding a function for a game which is being phased out in favour of the new one. I find it very unlikely, I would instead suggest they include it in Dirt 4 instead.
    It would be extremely simple to patch for tilt-to-steer, not even half a day's work. Simply for this reason I vote yes.
    AndreVrey said:
    It would be extremely simple to patch for tilt-to-steer, not even half a day's work. Simply for this reason I vote yes.
    And you know this how?
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    edited March 15
    AndreVrey said:

You're trying to tell me that making additional input device available will take half a day? Especially a device with gyroscope? Good Luck, Have Fun - I'm out.

IMHO useless feature that would be used by a few in particular console. Not worth the troubles it could cause. 

versedi said:
    AndreVrey said:

You're trying to tell me that making additional input device available will take half a day? Especially a device with gyroscope? Good Luck, Have Fun - I'm out.

IMHO useless feature that would be used by a few in particular console. Not worth the troubles it could cause. 

I love it when people tell other people how to do their job without knowing the ins and outs, especially game development.
  • NynalzamonNynalzamon Member New Car Smell
    I can't even begin to understand why a rational adult would vote no to an option. an option! If you don't like it you don't have to use it.

That being said, I played Project Cars for a year with the thumb sticks until I heard you could use tilt and I will never go back to thumb sticks. 

I know codemasters is on to Dirt 4 but I will just make another voice heard just in case. 
    Also, if  you're absolutely against coding tilt for Dirt Rally, at least consider adding it to Dirt 4. For me it's the difference between pre-order and waiting for a sale a year or 2  later.
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    edited March 27
    I can't even begin to understand why a rational adult would vote no to an option. an option! If you don't like it you don't have to use it.

That being said, I played Project Cars for a year with the thumb sticks until I heard you could use tilt and I will never go back to thumb sticks. 

I know codemasters is on to Dirt 4 but I will just make another voice heard just in case. 
    Also, if  you're absolutely against coding tilt for Dirt Rally, at least consider adding it to Dirt 4. For me it's the difference between pre-order and waiting for a sale a year or 2  later.
    Because a rational adult takes into consideration the development time that such features takes - and this period can be used for a different feature that would be more useful or simply suited for more players rather than hardware limited group of people.