Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Patch 1.08 - Tyre Wear Test Discussion Thread

jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
If you haven't read the announcement post, you can do so here. Please use this to discuss the patch, the test, and to give your feedback on the patch.

EDIT: We've updated the announcement thread with instructions on how to download the patch.
Post edited by jennyannem on

Comments

• VasuGoudVasuGoud Member New Car Smell
    Are we gonna get paid?? :P kidding

Can we be able to uninstall patch anytime after installing it?
  • mixmax83mixmax83 Member New Car Smell
     thank you for the news beta patch.  
    therefore will not be solved other problems, such as various bugs, the penalty speeding under  safety car and the AI goes out too late on the Clock for a flying Lap at the end of Q3?   
  • Swift747Swift747 Member Wheel Nut
    @jennyannem so will this rectify the issue where tyres degrade faster or slower depending on what tyre you start on?
  • LozzyLozzy Member, Codemasters Champion
    @VasuGoud there will be instructions on how to opt in to and then back out of the beta to go back to v1.7 should you want to.

@Swift747 correct. It was reported in this thread.
  • AdamFreemanAdamFreeman Member Wheel Nut
    Awesome news and about a next game too :)  
  • Grah0Grah0 Member New Car Smell
    edited January 24
    Only tyre wear patch, or you will update cars performance, liveries?
  • GavGav98352GavGav98352 Member New Car Smell
    Pleasantly surprised, I won't lie. The radio silence was poor, but many would have bet good money this wasn't coming.

Looking forward to seeing what the results from the Beta. Fair play CM, we got the right result, if through the wrong route.
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Team Principal
    Grah0 said:
    Since the development team are now hard at work on the next game, this is the last patch which will be made available for F1 2016, and the patch is solely aimed at addressing this one issue.
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/48778/patch-1-08-tyre-wear-test

"I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • dwin20dwin20 Member Unleaded
    Great news and looking forward to F1 2017 as well!
  • neruu009neruu009 Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    edited January 25
    Grah0 said:
    Since the development team are now hard at work on the next game, this is the last patch which will be made available for F1 2016, and the patch is solely aimed at addressing this one issue.
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/48778/patch-1-08-tyre-wear-test

<post removed due to swearing>
    Post edited by jennyannem on
  • neruu009neruu009 Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    Lozzy said:
    @VasuGoud there will be instructions on how to opt in to and then back out of the beta to go back to v1.7 should you want to.

Lozzy said:

• davidbassildavidbassil Member New Car Smell
    This is ridiculous because its the last update and still the mercedes wing is not correct! Imagine you play fifa 17 with the man united 2016 kit hahah and codies are not even bothering themselves to rectify this easy problem! Yesterday chase carey was talking about gaming and vr so lets see if he will be happy with codies work! @jennyannem @Lozzy
  • GpClubGpClub Member, Drivers Unleaded
    GREAT! This is really good news! Codemasters are still working for us  :) We was in panic! ahahhahah
    This is my Ps4 online league site: http://gpclub.forumfree.it/
  • FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited January 26
    She's alive! @Jennyannem is alive!  What do you mean @Jennyannem is alive?!! .....@Jennyannem... ah ah....sav-iour of the universe!!!

Now that there is a ray of  hope that Codemasters may be committed to a very important edition of  F1 2017 - I'm hopeful ! 

This is how I really feel:

Post edited by FOneFanatic on
    If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired up all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory.
    "Gone in 60 Seconds"
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    Despite not all issues being fixed, this puts an end to many rumours and guessing, which is good. Allthough not clearly stated that the new game being worked on is all platform, I presume it is.
    If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver.
    Ayrton Senna
  • BarriKimi3BarriKimi3 Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    edited January 25
    I've tried only for 15 laps with the Softs. ( 50% Austria - Pad )

Started on Ultra Softs and then Softs lap 1 : http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/163654751766181499/0229DAE5A2C9E65C14FE85155ABA7B4372CC870B/

Started on Softs : http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/163654751766182245/EF7F7FA6A7985ACDF71E24C0A7A6EA5A7FDAF8F1/

Seens the same tyre wear for the Softs when we started on US and if we started on S. Haven't tried Super Softs and Ultra Softs runs and Full 50% yet but that's a first good sign.
  • massa88massa88 Member New Car Smell
    edited January 25
    only Race Brazil 25% started on soft yellow went into pits at the end of the seventh lap
    Tyres have been 65% wear and,I went to hard orange and finished the race on this set
    wear after ten laps 55% front and rear 42%
    I went only one race so far
    second race
     Austria 25% race only:started on soft yellow and went into the pits at the end of tenth lap the wear front tires 75% rear 65%
    then I went to the ultra soft until to the end
    wear after eight laps front 35% rear 32%
    Post edited by massa88 on
  • HelmetSquadHelmetSquad Member Wheel Nut
    Yea i'm pretty disappointed on balance...
    PS4 | G29 | PlaySeat Evo [Black]